FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What's the definition of a FGFC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
Visions is technically DLC, so you would have to apply whatever logic you apply to GH1 songs in GH2 to those songs. If you're going to split hairs between DLC and imports, do it right.

I really don't care what you think to the point that I'll argue it, but I feel as though I should point that much out.

Although it's "DLC" for RB3 it sorts under RB2 when sorting by source, unlike how the two Green Day packs sort as DLC and not under GD:RB.

bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:
Visions is technically DLC, so you would have to apply whatever logic you apply to GH1 songs in GH2 to those songs. If you're going to split hairs between DLC and imports, do it right.

I really don't care what you think to the point that I'll argue it, but I feel as though I should point that much out.

Although it's "DLC" for RB3 it sorts under RB2 when sorting by source, unlike how the two Green Day packs sort as DLC and not under GD:RB.

But the two Green Day DLC packs were never on a disk, and were available as DLC before GDRB even came out, so there's no conceivable reason to think of them as disk songs.

What ganon is saying is that while Visions (and the other RB2 bonus songs) was on disk RB2, the version of the song that can be played in RB3 is technically DLC, not an import. It's the exact same charts, so I think it counts anyway, it's just sort of an odd technicality.
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

But the two Green Day DLC packs were never on a disk, and were available as DLC before GDRB even came out, so there's no conceivable reason to think of them as disk songs.

Green Day Plus

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exxucus wrote:
bclare wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

Green Day Plus

Wasn't included on a disk though. That was a download code. It'd be like if the RB2 Free 20 songs had been released as DLC for RB1, then were also free downloads with the RB2 manual code. You wouldn't count them as RB2 disk songs, would you?
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
All aboard the quote train

I think what may solve this issue is whether or not Give it Away and Spoonman are, in fact, on RBB and whether or not they sort under DLC or RB2.

Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
From a personal standpoint I consider merely FCing all the songs a FGFC and that's the end of it. I'm not gonna bother changing disks to FGFC LRB or Green Day bass on their discs because there's no point.

Based on the pointlessness of switching discs over and over again, my revised argument is, either use all the songs in an export pack or don't use them at all. (exceptions include the unexportable songs as well as those that are impossible to FC due to fast strumming -- I'm talking to you Green Grass)

inv4der wrote:
Hell, who even plays ACDC on the disc anyway? >__>

I do. I've been unable to find an export code for that game, and I only recently got RB1 exported.

inv4der wrote:
An unpatched FC of Bodhisattva guitar is more impressive than one after the patch that fixed HOPO chords. >__>

On a completely unrelated note, done.
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is becoming the argument for Drum "bootleg" FC's and Vocals "99%" FC's all over again.

This thread is hurting my brain.

For all intents and purposes, my 3 Vox FGFC's were all done in their original engines, but I have no opinion in this thread. It's no use arguing against someone when I'm horrible at standing up for myself.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:

Than why on Earth would you necro it after one post in 16 months? Lol
You mentioned drums and vocals in the guitar/bass thread, and then you stated that you "have no opinion in this thread" despite deciding to post in it. Oh man that's amazing.

ScoreHero is dead but jawnintendo magic lives on

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
jawnintendo wrote:

Than why on Earth would you necro it after one post in 16 months? Lol
You mentioned drums and vocals in the guitar/bass thread, and then you stated that you "have no opinion in this thread" despite deciding to post in it. Oh man that's amazing.

ScoreHero is dead but jawnintendo magic lives on

/adding opinion now, little late doe
I've always considered FGFC'ing just based on doing every song in the game itself. It didn't have to be on a specific engine, using exports was fine (unless there were songs that weren't exportable, for example Rock Band 1), so in my opinion, you could do all of the songs on RB1, all of the songs on RB2 (and then the 3 unexportable ones back on RB1), and you could do all of the songs on RB3 (and then the 3 unexportable ones back on RB1), and all three would STILL count as a RB1 FGFC. It didn't matter how you did it, because if the person still did every song, regardless of mixing engines, IT STILL COUNTS. lol

Also TJ can you update the FGFC rivalry pls
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting this here so I don't need to create a whole new thread.

Is the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack still counted toward the FSFC? Some would argue no, since all the songs are now DLC. If anything, Country Pack 2 should be counted toward the FSFC since those versions of the songs are still only available on the pack.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
Posting this here so I don't need to create a whole new thread.

Is the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack still counted toward the FSFC? Some would argue no, since all the songs are now DLC. If anything, Country Pack 2 should be counted toward the FSFC since those versions of the songs are still only available on the pack.

Any more I think Blitz is a opinion thing, although I personally would count it, and it's factored in to the most recent set of FSFC banners I had made a year and a half ago. (Before Blitz was available as single songs.)

Another reason to count it is that GDRB is also fully available without the disc, but no one questions its inclusion. Say what you will about the songs being available elsewhere but GDRB and Blitz are still actual games in the series and it seems wrong to exclude them.

Track Packs have never been counted and there's not really a reason to change that. They were always treated as expansions or DLC without the download part, not as full games.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:

Well, that does work, but what about the AC/DC pack?

voidedalive2x wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
inv4der wrote:

Well, that does work, but what about the AC/DC pack?

I suppose that's just always been an exception BECAUSE it's exclusive to its disc. (Something that's not even true of Country Pack 2, even if the DLC release was as RB3 versions.)

It's also kind of the predecessor for the two true band games and I think that earns it some retrospective leeway. (It helps that it's not the easiest FGFC on any instrument as well.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Except on Bass, and vox is more because of RB1's shitty vox engine than any inborn difficulty in the songs. )

Expert, I don't see how AC/DC doesn't fall under the same purview that inv4der explained for GDRB and Blitz? Granted, it's explicitly packaged as a "track pack," but I think it's more akin to HMX trying out a band-centric game than an actual track pack--a predecessor to TBRB/GDRB, as inv4der said. I mean, if you think about it, it's kinda like TBRB, only it was allowed to be exported out of its game.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Except on Bass

Nine words: For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)" (Live)

And also, I was just a bit confused about that stuff. I assumed that the AC/DC pack was counted because the songs are not separately purchasable. During one league, the AC/DC pack was counted while the Blitz pack wasn't.

voidedalive2x wrote:

Last edited by expertwin on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: