FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What's the definition of a FGFC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
Who cares.

Who's life is this affecting in anyway again?
RyRobo  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Quote:
Why should guitar be special?

Umm...Wouldn't it be the other way around?

Depends which way you look at it I guess. :P
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, looks like it wasn't clear that I was making fun of your debating methods. The parts where I go "Oh I'm so right and logical you're 5 years old" aren't serious, if it wasn't obvious enough. I was using the same kind of arguments you used against me, against you and I get called stupid, bold and whatnot. I guess I should've made that part clear.

You are ignoring my arguments as much as I'm ignoring yours. Except I never called my opinions facts, except while I was, once again, taking shots at the way you argue. You DESTROYED the parts where I used your methods, even though it wasn't the point.

I am merely trying to create enough doubt to be able to use the acronym the way I want. I DID NOT say, even once, that RB1 FGFC can only describe FCing all the songs in the game.

Also, that analogy with a concert is horrible. I am going to use a slightly better one (slightly) to try to counter yours:

Can I still call McNuggets that I removed from their original wrapping and put in a KFC box McNuggets? I think I can.

@southparkhero: No one, so is this debate. I still prefer practicing my english here than watch some bullshit show on TV, mind you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LethalFishEater wrote:
(I know this is a stunning revelation. (This is why they call me Mr. Genius, after all. (You may also refer to me as Mr. Genius)))

I used that line first :U

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
meister  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't the setlist that makes the game, and since FGFC has "Game" in it, I am with the people that think it is only a true FGFC if you have that disc in.

But I know there is no way to get everyone to agree on this, so there is only one possible solution. That is to say what game you got the FCs in when you announce your accomplishment.

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
kingyami3  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:
But I know there is no way to get everyone to agree on this, so there is only one possible solution. That is to say what game you got the FCs in when you announce your accomplishment.

i can actually agree with this, i think this should be our resolution. Those that call it FGFC can, and those that call it Imports FC can.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingyami3SH
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here:
1. go to manage scores
2. click RB2
3. click a system
4. click an instrument
5. click a difficulty
6. click on "insert score"...
7. Read what the blue words say.

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
kingyami3  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerQuick wrote:
here:
1. go to manage scores
2. click RB2
3. click a system
4. click an instrument
5. click a difficulty
6. click on "insert score"...
7. Read what the blue words say.

that only means you must have played it on that specific disc and is irrelevant

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingyami3SH
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LethalFishEater wrote:
tl;dr lol at people who think they can win an argument on the internet. Seriously, no one on either side is going to "convert" anyone the other side.

People have opinions, an argument on the internet is not going to change said opinions.

(I know this is a stunning revelation. (This is why they call me Mr. Genius, after all. (You may also refer to me as Mr. Genius)))

Shift + 6 Killzonedout all the way.

Thank you Mr. Genius. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions, I just want alternate opinions to be accepted without huge arguments that envelope people's accomps threads and make everyone look like an ass.
eddaket  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to throw this into the pit to watch it get mauled.

I've had some time to think, and I believe that a FGFC should involve/require nothing but the game, console and controller to play it on. Yes, this would make swap magic GH2 FGFCs invalid (including my own), but that is essentially the same as imports (and DLC) if you think about it from this standpoint. You guys constantly talk about PAL vs NTSC being unfair and that in RB3 everything is fair again, but what about those without internet who can't download the imports? What about those with only PS2's? They shouldn't have/need/be able to buy something extra, something unnecessary for the game, in order to gain the same title as someone else.

And while I am thinking of it, that's exactly what this is. FGFC is a title. A self-proclaimed title. Are we all that egotistical that we need to define something as 'prestigious' as FGFC? What's the harm in saying you FCed the 64 songs from GH2? Why do we have to cut it down to FGFC? Why does it need the title? We are all good, some better than others, and the fact of the matter is those who are even going to care about the title FGFC are those who already know how good these people are. Using him as an example, ace is beast. I've seen him do things in his youtube videos that I gawk at and wonder what the hell is going on. He's good, and I will admit when he first claimed the FGFC I was a little upset because I thought he was using the term incorrectly. The title is essentially pointless. He's beast; he has FCed every song that's in RB1.

If it's going to come down to the omission of a SINGLE WORD that changes it from "He has FCed every song that's in RB1" to "He has FCed every song in RB1," I say we either ditch the term/title completely, or just render the term as 'user-defined' and let people use it however we want because no one is going to flip sides because of this thread.

(So you know, I am aware I defined FGFC and then said it is pointless. My mind actually was changed due to properly thinking about it. People should look at both sides before refusing one.)
dpritch16  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
The title is essentially pointless.

/endthread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dpritch XVI PSN Name: dpritchXVI Wii Friend Code: 050183496083
soccer1296SH  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i completely agree with the RB1 FGFC being solely on RB1, especially for bass, because it has been proven possible. I hate how people claim they have RB1 FGFC's even through RB2 because its not the same game, and my RB1 FGFC of bass is harder than say fcing GGAHT bass in RB3.

Accomplishment Thread here!
My Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
My Guitar Hero Accomplishment Thread
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Soccer1296 Wii Friend Code: 441025580100
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Can I still call McNuggets that I removed from their original wrapping and put in a KFC box McNuggets? I think I can.

And if you remove the chicken from the batter then all you have left is a piece of batter and a piece of chicken that used to be a McNugget. Congratulations, you just compared the McNugget box to a disc and proved my point right that the physical media has nothing to do with the code of the game!

eddaket wrote:
Are we all that egotistical that we need to define something as 'prestigious' as FGFC?

Yes! Let's be honest for a second, everyone here with an achievement thread has an ego. If you didn't care about people stroking your e-penis over how many notes you hit in a plastic rhythm game, you wouldn't have one. I have one, a lot of people have one, we all want to get a little recognition for what we do. But I don't think calling something an FGFC has anything to do with that. I think it's simply a proclamation of an achievement. It's no different than posting "I FC'd Even Flow on expert guitar." You're just saying what you did. There's no ego involved in that other than the implied back patting you obviously feel you should get.

eddaket wrote:
He's beast; he has FCed every song that's in RB1.

If it's going to come down to the omission of a SINGLE WORD that changes it from "He has FCed every song that's in RB1" to "He has FCed every song in RB1," I say we either ditch the term/title completely, or just render the term as 'user-defined' and let people use it however we want because no one is going to flip sides because of this thread.

And I don't know anyone who has disagreed with that yet. Maybe it boils down to a single word, but that single word transforms the meaning of the sentence greatly.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, useful necro.

The part about McNuggets was a direct answer to your Zune/Ipod comparison. It was pretty similar (Both analogies have similar structures), and I was comparing the Nuggets to the songs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Nice, useful necro.

Yes, as we all know very well, three hours is a very long time since the last post. The thread might have even had time to get cold and void its bowels!

By the way, have people forgotten about this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9q2jNjOPdk

The nice condescending PSA narrator wrote:
It is ALWAYS Better to post in an Existing Thread than to START A NEW ONE.

Pas26 wrote:
The part about McNuggets was a direct answer to your Zune/Ipod comparison. It was pretty similar (Both analogies have similar structures), and I was comparing the Nuggets to the songs.

If you're comparing the nuggets to the songs then I fail to see where the rest of the game is; unless perhaps the game is the thin air inside the box?
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: