FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Roundabout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
I know which ones are Unison, this is the right path with the OD I said Rocker could get.

Oh, I see. The suggestion I made about running over the phrase at 144 is still up there though; even if you run over that phrase, you still have almost a full bar from the next two phrases. (Not quite full, but it's almost there.)

I suppose the Guitar Line is a significant source of points too, with all those glissandos in there. But I kinda suck at that section, which is why I opted to use OD in Solo 2 rather than during that section.

(For what it's worth, I play almost every glissando in this song as a quick scale rather than doing an actual glissando, except for the big one before Solo 2. I play that one like a glissando, and I somehow can hold combo on that one like that.)

The OD phrase at measure 235 has 10 beats of OD, so it's more than 3/4 of a full bar if you whammy the whole thing (since it's a unison phrase). I usually hit the phrase in Guitar Line 2, so that gives me a full bar for the final chorus. (Note, however, that the final chorus is a whole different monster than the first two. While the first two are mostly straight sixteenths, there are plenty of weird deviations in the third chorus, and I can't hold a combo for that long there.)

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play glissandos by trilling them.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I guess that works too... but as long as I'm striving to play using only one hand like Rick Wakeman does, I should stick to playing the glissandos by the notes I see on the screen rather that just playing some trill.

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: