FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Roundabout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my progress on this song is pathetic. With no-fail on, I've only gotten 150K

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
shik4maru  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the first thing you could do is work the chorus, you can earn a lot of points just thanks to this section and it’s quite doable, if you manage to do it you can easily go beyond 200k

As far as I’m concerned, I’m very frustrated because I can’t beat my score on hard (293k).
When I do this I think things will be much more interesting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should post a fingering guide sometime.

But yes, a bulk of the points are in the chorus. If you can get a 4x multiplier on those, it helps significantly.

Even if you can't hit the first two unison bonus phrases, try focusing on the one at the end of the first chorus, and also try to combo as much of the chorus as possible. If you get that phrase, and also one in the second chorus, you can activate in the second chorus, which does help quite a bit.
(This is only if you can play the chorus one-handed, because it's difficult to move your left hand to hit the OD button if you're using your left hand in this pattern of sixteenth notes.)

(Also, one part I have to look down at my keyboard to do is in the bridge, on the OD phrase where it shifts to the top of the keyboard. The note immediately following the A when it shifts is the G# which is almost an octave above. For the most part though, except for that phrase, I'm looking at the screen and not the keyboard.)

(Also, to give a score you may want to work your way towards, the 4* cutoff is a bit below 270K; I don't remember exactly, but it was around there.)

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a 5-star path if anyone needs it!

http://ipather.tmullin.net:81/paths/view/306
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:

Uh... that path is not at all like mine... why isn't there an activation on the first chorus there?

I activated in all three of the choruses, and still got the 5* in the middle of the last chorus. (Cutoff is ~426K, I got 440K.) Also, I needed to have an 8x going on for a bit during the Guitar Break when I got that run.

I will say I didn't think about activating in the Guitar Lines, but then again I kinda suck at that part of the song, so I didn't do it there.

Also, you activate during the first guitar line? That implies that you either survived the Guitar Break without using OD, or that you got that unison bonus phrase in the first solo, which is really difficult.

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45

jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way I'm activating in the middle of note runs. I play 2-Handed.

This'll take a lot of practice and work, but I just might be able to pull a 5* out of this song (it's the only one I need for a FG5*).

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if you play two-handed, your best bet is to try to practice the Post-chorus 1 unison bonus phrase (with the weird triplet stuff). I can't hit that one with one hand, but I have hit it with two hands in practice mode. (So that means I could have improved my score by using two hands there since there is empty space before and after that section, but I didn't do it because I was specifically going for the first one-handed 5*.) But anyways, if you do have this phrase, this does give you almost a full bar to activate for the second chorus. (If you've seen KrimsunMunkey's 5* video, you'll notice that he always activates a beat before the notes start coming just before moving his left hand back to the keyboard for playing notes.)

(Since you have 62/63 5*s, I'm assuming that you would be able to eventually learn this if you keep practicing...)

blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
No way I'm activating in the middle of note runs. I play 2-Handed.

Does the foot pedal not work on Wii?
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Does the foot pedal not work on Wii?

Foot Pedal = Patch

RB3 Wii = NO PATCHES

In other words, nope.

Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.1415926535 wrote:
Iggy-Sparks wrote:

Uh... that path is not at all like mine... why isn't there an activation on the first chorus there?

I activated in all three of the choruses, and still got the 5* in the middle of the last chorus. (Cutoff is ~426K, I got 440K.) Also, I needed to have an 8x going on for a bit during the Guitar Break when I got that run.

I will say I didn't think about activating in the Guitar Lines, but then again I kinda suck at that part of the song, so I didn't do it there.

Also, you activate during the first guitar line? That implies that you either survived the Guitar Break without using OD, or that you got that unison bonus phrase in the first solo, which is really difficult.

I forgot to tell but I did that path to RockerSVK from what he could FC.
So for my path you have to get those OD :
40 -
75 -
128 -
144 -
154 -
164 -
227 -
235 -

If you can get measure 56 of course that makes an activation on first chorus too.

Then you can put No Fail Mode so you don't need to activate on the bridge.

The guitar lines are the easiest to FC (for RockerSVK) if you can get a x4 on any of the solo you're really good then.
I admit the path is not done for everybody since maybe some people feel more confortable on others parts...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that this chart lacks unison bonus markings. Measure 40 is a unison bonus phrase; you can activate in the first chorus if you hit that one.

I can get 95-100% in the second solo fairly consistently, so I usually activate there (on the next note after hitting the OD phrase). I guess you do run over an OD phrase if you use it in Guitar Line 2, but I usually save that phrase and use it during the final chorus.

Also, my bridge activations are a bit different as well; I activate once at measure 126 and once at measure 142 (running over the next OD phrase as well).

Last edited by 3.1415926535 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to whammy that phrase so it doens really matter if you do two activations on the two chorus or one big on second chorus.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it seems that the lack of unison bonus markings on this chart is a major obstacle here. Let me list every unison bonus phrase in the song, by measure number:
40, 56, 84, 112, 136, 154, 203 [this one is really hard], 217, 235

All of these are unison bonus phrases. Use this to plan your path accordingly.

Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know which ones are Unison, this is the right path with the OD I said Rocker could get.
RockerSVK  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
I know which ones are Unison, this is the right path with the OD I said Rocker could get.

yeah that's right but I am still not good at choruses I can get x4 there but not for the most of the part (one-handed because I completely suck there with 2 hands)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: