FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Roundabout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockerSVK  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
3.1415926535 wrote:
Anyways... there is only one submitted 5* score on SH, and one user mentioned having 5*ed this song on this thread, though hasn't posted that score. Both of those runs were two-handed. Does anyone know if anyone that we know of has gotten 5 stars with one hand yet?

I think sycocoaster and Voltgloss could, but I don't know if they have.

they didn't 5* it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
3.1415926535 wrote:
Hm, I haven't even played every song in RB3 on Pro Keys yet, let alone 5* most of them. But I am closer to the 5* on Roundabout than with some other songs like Llama and Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting.

How have you not 5*d SNAFF??? Even I've GS'd it, and I suck.

Wait... whaaa? You don't suck, you said you have 60/63 5*s! I guess I just haven't played that song in a while. It looks much easier when I'm watching a video of it on YT, but I kinda get lost when actually playing it. I kinda suck with three-note chords with black keys. I do have 5* on China Grove, so maybe I should try SNAFF again sometime, because for some reason I remembered the chords to be a lot more confusing than what I see here.

EDIT: OK, I just barely 5-starred SNAFF now (second run today), but that's not the main point of this thread.

But as far as Roundabout goes... KM's lone 5* score has sat on the top of the SH leaderboards for over a year. I've never overthrown anything that has been up there for so long before... I'm gonna go for it for sure tomorrow.
(Well, Here I Go Again is my only "significant" 1st place, but that was just a matter of OD usage and one-handedness and not raw note-hitting skill.)

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suck because I haven't 5*d Free Bird yet.

Anyways, I'm shocked this thread has lasted as long as it did.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs

Last edited by jawnintendo on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
I suck because I haven't 5*d Free Bird yet.

Anyways, I'm shocked this thread has lasted as long as it did.

Maybe I'll try to 5* Free Bird shortly, because it looks possible.

I think I'm kinda responsible for keeping this thread up, actually, with all this talk about trying to 5* it.

But anyways, I did play again... and I also watched KM's video again. It turns out, I really need that unison phrase in Verse 3 (the one with the weird triplet stuff); the extra OD that can be used in Chorus 2 helps a lot. Typically, I have 4 stars by the end of the Guitar Break, but KM had about 4.25 stars at that time, so I might need to have a lucky run at the Guitar Break as well. (Still have yet to hit any of the OD phrases inside the Guitar Break recently; somehow managed to hit one of them on my second ever pass of the song, but haven't done it recently.) I do activate twice in the Bridge early on because I can still get a full bar after that, though I'm not sure exactly how significant this is to my score.

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45

jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just 5*d Free Bird. If anyone wants to congratulate me, the link to my accomps thread is in my sig.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 5*ed it! YAY. Just yesterday. However, I use two hands on the two unison bonuses in the beginning, and on the quick sixtuplet parts that both the keyboard and guitar play. One hand on everything else.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats !

TBH Roundabout is the last song I haven’t 5-starred yet (on expert), but I find it so damn hard I haven’t found motivation to really work on it…

The thing is, I can’t play it one-handed and this proves to be a handicap for me, because I’m often confused when I have to use one or the other finger. Contrary to KM, I’m using only one extra finger from my left hand in the guitar break, just because my hands are too small to spread on a full octave. I think I should try to force myself to play them only with one hand, but my wrist often starts to ache because I use it to compensate.

PI, hope you’ll get it soon, it’s nice to see your analysis, I think it can help a lot of other people, thanks
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:
I 5*ed it! YAY. Just yesterday. However, I use two hands on the two unison bonuses in the beginning, and on the quick sixtuplet parts that both the keyboard and guitar play. One hand on everything else.

If you're using one hand for the guitar break arpeggios I don't think anyone has a right to say anything except "nice".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats sycocoaster! Very nice accomplishment. Also, thanks for not stealing my potential spotlight just yet - I'm going to try to finish that today, to try to get the first entirely one-handed 5*.

EDIT:
OK, played a lot today, still unsuccessful... highest score about 6K under the cutoff.

And when it gets to a point where you get so unsteady as to breaking combo in the chorus under OD, that's a sign you should stop playing for the day.

For what it's worth, I can often hit both of the first two unison bonus phrases now. I still can't do the Postchorus 1 unison bonus phrase though. So to get my 5*, I kinda need a good run on the Guitar Break.

shik4maru  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be nice to see a video of a 5-star run only one-handed, do you think you could record it ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I don't have video recording devices in this house. I will take a photo of the score screen if necessary, but I won't be able to record my run.
(I have audio recording devices, but that doesn't seem like it would do good here as all you would hear is the song with a bunch of misplayed notes; I normally reserve this for the real piano.)

I do play the piano in real life. When it comes to playing here, I do a lot worse with two hands than with one, because having to constantly switch hands in the middle of a melody is just not natural for me here.

yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shik4maru wrote:
it would be nice to see a video of a 5-star run only one-handed, do you think you could record it ?

I can play the gtr break one-handed; maybe I'll learn the rest sometime...

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about the Guitar Break is that I can easily play arpeggios like that with one hand on a real piano. But when it comes to the really precise timing that's required to play this in RB, it's a whole different story.

EDIT: It's finally done!!!
440,636; 90%; 181 note streak. Will get pic when able.

Now, if you wanted some details:
-I did hit both of the first OD phrases. I missed a note under OD in the first chorus, but ultimately decided to continue anyways because I was tired of restarting.
-I missed the Post-chorus 1 OD phrase, as usual.
-I activated twice in the bridge.
-Here's the crazy part: I hit one of the OD phrases in the Guitar Break. That extended my 8x multiplier for a while, and was probably quite significant to my 5*.
-80% on the first solo, 98% on the second. Wish I could have gotten 100% on the second solo in a real run, but this will do.

shik4maru  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.1415926535 wrote:
The thing about the Guitar Break is that I can easily play arpeggios like that with one hand on a real piano. But when it comes to the really precise timing that's required to play this in RB, it's a whole different story.

EDIT: It's finally done!!!
440,636; 90%; 181 note streak. Will get pic when able.

Now, if you wanted some details:
-I did hit both of the first OD phrases. I missed a note under OD in the first chorus, but ultimately decided to continue anyways because I was tired of restarting.
-I missed the Post-chorus 1 OD phrase, as usual.
-I activated twice in the bridge.
-Here's the crazy part: I hit one of the OD phrases in the Guitar Break. That extended my 8x multiplier for a while, and was probably quite significant to my 5*.
-80% on the first solo, 98% on the second. Wish I could have gotten 100% on the second solo in a real run, but this will do.

Awesome ! Well done ! In total, how much time did it take for you to get it ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a while. I spent roughly 6 hours playing on Friday (and I've never played for this long except for Endless Setlists and that sort of thing), and then I successfully did it on my third run on Saturday.

(And then after getting that, I proceeded to get 100% [not FC] on Crosstown Traffic and got 5* on Free Bird as well. Yay!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: