FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Roundabout
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Roundabout Reply with quote

This song needs it's own thread.

Discuss.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
FinalSunrise  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song is epic

/thread
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song is incredibly hard.

/thread
Moomoomoo1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how people manage to pass it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moomoomoo1 wrote:

Depends if you're talking about keys or pro keys, and for keys if you play with a guitar. Regular keys on guitar is hard, but passable. Regular keys on a keyboard is stupid hard. Pro keys is stupid stupid and I think passing Roundabout on Expert Pro Keys is akin to passing WAHNTHAC on drums or TTFAF on guitar.
Moomoomoo1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Moomoomoo1 wrote:

Depends if you're talking about keys or pro keys, and for keys if you play with a guitar. Regular keys on guitar is hard, but passable. Regular keys on a keyboard is stupid hard. Pro keys is stupid stupid and I think passing Roundabout on Expert Pro Keys is akin to passing WAHNTHAC on drums or TTFAF on guitar.

Yeah, I was talking about pro keys. Although I can't pass it on normal keys either...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt fucking awesome the first time I passed the guitar break on Keys and 5-starred the song (regular keys with a keyboard... nowhere near getting Pro yet ). I actually held some 4x combos, and now that I know the hand motion it's just comprehending THOSE FUCKING SPEED CHANGES AGH

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
malictus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts (on Pro Keys)

- That horrible bridge section gives me nightmares. The original song was played using a sequencer in that section, so when you play that part you're playing something that wasn't intended to be played live. Plus the note rhythms seem somewhat random and probably not really very accurate.

- I seem to get misses all the way through the song even in places where I shouldn't. I'm convinced that maybe the sync is off or something? I can barely hold a combo in the 'in and around the lake' section, even though I know that part very well.

Even though I like the song itself, I don't find the song fun to play at all, so I tend to avoid it. The 2nd-hardest song (Llama) on the other hand is VERY fun to play.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:

- That horrible bridge section gives me nightmares. The original song was played using a sequencer in that section, so when you play that part you're playing something that wasn't intended to be played live. Plus the note rhythms seem somewhat random and probably not really very accurate

It's not a sequencer. Where did you hear that?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
malictus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
malictus wrote:

- That horrible bridge section gives me nightmares. The original song was played using a sequencer in that section, so when you play that part you're playing something that wasn't intended to be played live. Plus the note rhythms seem somewhat random and probably not really very accurate

It's not a sequencer. Where did you hear that?

To be honest I'm just guessing. How do you know I'm wrong?
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard/seen other people say that there's an arpeggiator / sequencer or something of that sort used. Personally I'd have no way of knowing, but at the very least Malictus isn't the only person who made that assumption.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weird thing I saw is that on the leaderboards on XBL, someone has actually gotten 100% on this...

Anyways, I have passed it (and 4-starred it eventually). But I just keep getting nervous after the crazy Bm/C/Em/C arpeggios and usually fail on the solos (even when doing okay on them (70%-80% on first solo, 90%-100% on second solo) in practice mode) since my hands are so shaky.

Another complaint I have here is that most of the OD phrases outside of the bridge are really hard to get, making it really hard to get a good score. I can combo the chorus reasonably well, but rarely have OD to use on it. (My lucky 4* run involved hitting the second OD phrase, and also somehow picking up an OD phrase during that crazy C major arpeggio in the Guitar break.)

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.1415926535 wrote:
The weird thing I saw is that on the leaderboards on XBL, someone has actually gotten 100% on this...

Depends on which version. If you mean regular keys, then pas26 had an FC of it last time I checked, along with someone else. If you mean PRO keys, then that player should be given a medal or something. >_>

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
I have heard/seen other people say that there's an arpeggiator / sequencer or something of that sort used. Personally I'd have no way of knowing, but at the very least Malictus isn't the only person who made that assumption.

Well I remember my godmother telling me that when she saw Yes live they played it and the keys player played it all and didn't use a sequencer. It also doesn't sound consistent enough in the studio version to be a sequencer.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthFizz wrote:
3.1415926535 wrote:

Depends on which version. If you mean regular keys, then pas26 had an FC of it last time I checked, along with someone else. If you mean PRO keys, then that player should be given a medal or something. >_>
It was in the Pro Keys leaderboard...

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: