FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PS3 vocalists: Adjust your RB3 mic sensitivity in the XMB
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to have an effect, but it's not a reliable fix for what's wrong. We need to have control over the sensitivity in-game. Period. This is the equivalent of giving us auto-calibrate and taking away the option of tweaking it manually. Very frustrating decision here.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
I dont know whats different on your system mage, but I set mine to a 1 and I'm still getting auto activations even in a silent room...it definitely had no effect. I was on a 3 to start with, and just the air from moving the microphone made the arrow register before, and that didnt change after changing it to a 1.

I think ambient noise level has a lot to do with it. Maybe your room is TOO quiet? Do you play with headphones on normally?

Bear in mind, even with the manual sensitivity, the game still seems to be trying to "read" the ambient volume and looking for spikes for OD activations.
No that was because i was already getting auto activations from my speakers setting it off so i turned em off and then it was still happening
MWcw709  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why but even on the volume setting 1 for the rb mic i still can't get the window to pop no matter what i do
my rbp mic works very well when u dont have a dead usb cable...lol so im down to the rb mic that cant pop windows no matter if im on 1 or 5

Get your Portable ID!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
RBExpertVocalist  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Only For Talking & OD Reply with quote

[quote="Icemage"]
JosJuice wrote:
I don't think this affects gameplay at all. Mine is set to 0 (which should make the input completely silent) and scoring works fine.
My guess is that this setting only affects the volume when talking to others online.

This only increases the volume when talking to others you're playing with online. I use the mic that came with RB and have a wireless headset so I can play drums and sing at the same time. Anyway, I am an expert vocalist and have not made this adjustment. The ONLY thing it interferes with is going into OD, but that's what the "select" button on the controller is for. It also makes it difficult for other players to hear me when not playing a song, but if I really want to talk to them, I use my BT or press R1 while talking.

I have seen some of your videos and am very impressed, but I do notice that you make a loud noise to go into OD and that is likely because you had difficulty going into OD and making the adjustments you recommended helped. My audio setting is all the way down and I am close to gold-starring all songs. I use "select" to go into OD.
ronnieaguilar69  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not using my brain wisely, but if you do register your Mic on input, will the players online hear you sing in-game?
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnieaguilar69 wrote:
I'm not using my brain wisely, but if you do register your Mic on input, will the players online hear you sing in-game?
No..for the vocalist, you have to hold a button to chat.

This thread is moot now, harmonix patched the od system to consider ambient noise, I never get auto activates anymore, and can (and do) use select to activate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: