FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[CAREER GOALS] The full list of Goals added by DLC / Exports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toopskittles wrote:
Mozgus wrote:
I played a setlist of Doolittle on expert guitar and "Be a Debaser" didn't unlock. Maybe it's instrument-specific?
do you have rb1 exports? maybe wave of mutilation counts?

Same thing happened to me. I had Wave of Mutilation as part of the setlist, and I definitely 5*ed everything. Kind of a bummer because I'll probably never attempt it again. Would be helpful to know exactly how to get it to unlock though.
StreamOfNath  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys activate/enter the setlist through the Goals screen, or just in Quickplay?

Always, ALWAYS do it from the Goals screen.

XBL GT: NathAttack / 893 songs total
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the album via the Career Goals and it worked for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, for any of the "Endless Setlist" challenges, I wouldn't advise trying to attempt them from a setlist of your OWN creation. Especially "Be A Debaser," since it's looking for the songs to be in a specific order, all done at the same time, and for you to have acquired at least 50 stars by the end of it.

'Specialized' goals like that must be played by selecting them from the Goal Screen, because it won't check for the completion requirements from a self-created setlist.

I selected the goal, played through it, and got credit for clearing it as normal at the end. My only issue was that I got as many fans for it as I did for clearing the Cherry Bomb challenge. Not exactly a balanced "reward system" there ...

The only time I'd suggest attempting Goals without choosing them from that screen is when you're trying to clear Standard Keyboard goals on Guitar. You HAVE to do those on Quickplay, because the game won't let you select a goal for Keyboard if your instrument is a Guitar.

(Which means, of course, that the final, "locked" Keyboard goal CAN'T be completed unless you use an actual Keyboard to do it ...)
youhas  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
I selected the goal, played through it, and got credit for clearing it as normal at the end. My only issue was that I got as many fans for it as I did for clearing the Cherry Bomb challenge. Not exactly a balanced "reward system" there ...

Yeah, I definitely feel that. "You played a Boston song", "you played the entire Lego Rock Band setlist in Endless Setlist fashion", and "you FCed the solo to Final Countdown on Expert Guitar" appear to be worth the same number of fans in the grand scheme of things. I know that I've been doing bang-for-the-buck sorts of playing accordingly, leaving lengthy grinds and high-talent goals for Future Me to worry about while I gather low-hanging fruit....

PeridotWeapon wrote:
(Which means, of course, that the final, "locked" Keyboard goal CAN'T be completed unless you use an actual Keyboard to do it ...)

I wonder what happens if I'm on the keyboard, pick that goal, but then when the first song starts up, I drop out on the keyboard, turn on a guitar, yoink my profile over to it, and play through things over there? Nothing good, probably. Though I'll almost certainly give it a go once I make it that far through things....

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Mozgus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steadysphere wrote:

It doesn't show up in my DLC career goals

Also, when I played Monkey Gone to Heaven on bass, it DID unlock "If Man is 5"
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozgus wrote:
Steadysphere wrote:

Are you looking in the right section? And do you have RB1 imported?
Mozgus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be able to look under the DLC challenges for any instrument, right?

Yes, I have the RB1 imports.
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozgus wrote:
I should be able to look under the DLC challenges for any instrument, right?

Yes, I have the RB1 imports.

No, it's probably only under the general band section. Each instrument only lists the instrument-specific goals.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozgus wrote:

Nodnod. MOST goals (ones that require you to accomplish something on one song, or a series of songs) can be done "freeform" like that in Quickplay. But any "Endless Setlist" style challenges - where you have to complete a series of songs in succession without stopping - MUST be done from the Goal menu.

Career / My Goals / Rock Band / Downloaded Song Goals should be where you find the Be A Debaser goal. (Any DLC challenge that don't restrict you to a specific instrument will be found there.) It's pretty distinctive, a purple background with the word "Pixies" in script.

And as mentioned above, Wave of Mutilation (from RB1) is required; if you don't have all 15 songs from the album, the challenge won't appear.

===============================

And one more for the "????" list ... tried "Download Populist" this evening (getting Gold Stars on the five songs listed). Nailed all of them except for Smells Like Teen Spirit, but at the end of the set it gave me credit for completing the goal anyway. I've only played SLTS the one time on RB3, and it clearly lists my score as a 5* 99%, not Gold.

Yeah, I don't get it either.
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played through the LRB ESL a couple days ago alone and i got the "Can't help lovin you" goal along the way. No band needed.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
I played through the LRB ESL a couple days ago alone and i got the "Can't help lovin you" goal along the way. No band needed.

Interesting. It's safe to say that they got their wires crossed when they made that goal, then, because if you attempt to select it via the "goal list," it tells you:

Sorry! You need more people playing with you to beat this goal!

But since the description also says "Beat the following popular songs featured in LEGO Rock Band" and only shows ONE song on the list, it was pretty clear something was screwy anyway.
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they planning to add any more goals in the future? Like to tie-in with a new track pack?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would not surprise me in the least to see a crap ton of new goals patched in every... 6 months or so for the active lifespan of RB3. goals for more albums, goals for more artists, more odd wtf goals like the "best" goal. possibilities are easily there.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
LordTyrano  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i happen to have all the songs needed for...

Quote:
[ROCK BAND TRACK PACK: CLASSIC ROCK]
ANY Instrument: Get 2+ STARS on all 20 Songs exportable from this pack:
All Right Now, Baba O'Riley, Bad to the Bone, Behind Blue Eyes, California Uber Alles, Can't Stand Losing You, Closer to the Heart, Funk #49, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Holiday in Cambodia, Hymn 43, Kiss Them for Me, Let Love Rule, Love Spreads, Peace of Mind, Red Barchetta, Rock and Roll Band, Take the Money and Run, The Joker, Truth Hits Everybody

...but i downloaded the songs instead of buying the track pack disc do i still get the goal?

(I don't have all the songs, that's why I'm asking and would like to know lol)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: