FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[CAREER GOALS] The full list of Goals added by DLC / Exports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BengalCP09  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the goals. I hope they add more as time goes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suggestion: since i dont know off the top of my head which songs are in each of the track packs, could you list them with their goals?
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Dave Grohl Band challenge, you've listed all of the songs by Queens of the Stone Age. However, Dave Grohl only played in QoTSA for the album Songs for the Deaf, so while you can keep No One Knows and Go With the Flow on there, you need to take off Little Sister, Sick Sick Sick and 3s & 7s.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also states that he was a part of the 3 Bleach Nirvana songs (About A Girl, Blew, School) when he wasn't even a part of the band when those were released.

But seeing as that's not the first time I've seen that mistake, I guess the game screwed that one up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steadysphere wrote:
For the Dave Grohl Band challenge, you've listed all of the songs by Queens of the Stone Age. However, Dave Grohl only played in QoTSA for the album Songs for the Deaf, so while you can keep No One Knows and Go With the Flow on there, you need to take off Little Sister, Sick Sick Sick and 3s & 7s.

It says "CLEAR any 5 songs by any band that has had Dave Grohl as a member." Not "songs that Dave Grohl performed in the studio recording." So any band that he's been in counts, even if he didn't play that particular song.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steadysphere wrote:

I've posted the full list of songs recognized BY THE GAME as being valid to complete that goal. (Go to the goal in-game, press "A" or the Green Fret to select it, and any song in your discography that can be used will appear in the list of songs to select.)

We can debate which ones SHOULD be on there and which ones shouldn't until the cows come home, but when it's all said and done, the only ones that matter are the ones that the game lets you use.

Much like "Voice of An Angel" is a completely illegal Goal, since Pinball Wizard is an EXPORT and not Downloadable Content. But Harmonix has the Power Cosmic and can bend reality and break their own rules whenever they see fit.
MJongo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, so it looks like I will have to wait to get "Yo! RBN Raps", as there are no Hyro Da Hero tracks on the PS3 RBN yet.
Mozgus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played FP/LT on guitar hoping in vain it would count towards the Boston goal, and sure enough it did not register my 5 stars. Can someone double check?
RyRobo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Same, I have played FP/LG on guitar, got 5 stars, and didn't get the goal unlocked for it. I don't have the goal on my goal list.

I looked around the web and some people say you need to have bought a Boston song from the music store for the challenge to appear. It makes sense, even if I don't want it to.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do these goals only show up if you have the qualifying songs? Or do they show up anyways, to taunt you with their unattanability? Also what about border cases, like if you have some of the songs but not others (for ex i have the two DK tracks for that punk one but not yet the two Ramones tracks)
mr-apples  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they only show up if you have the qualifying songs. For example, I deleted 29 Fingers some time ago and did not have the challenge visible in my RB1 goals.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozgus wrote:
I played FP/LT on guitar hoping in vain it would count towards the Boston goal, and sure enough it did not register my 5 stars. Can someone double check?

That's odd. It shows up as an option to play on the list of songs when I select it as a goal.

Maybe the "filter" doesn't match the requirements in this case? So you can select any song by Boston, but it won't trigger as completed unless it's a DLC Boston song?

Which would make sense, since it's a DLC challenge (which is separate from Rock Band 1 challenges). Wonder if that means the Voice of An Angel challenge will be broken and unable to complete?
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
Steadysphere wrote:

I've posted the full list of songs recognized BY THE GAME as being valid to complete that goal. (Go to the goal in-game, press "A" or the Green Fret to select it, and any song in your discography that can be used will appear in the list of songs to select.)

We can debate which ones SHOULD be on there and which ones shouldn't until the cows come home, but when it's all said and done, the only ones that matter are the ones that the game lets you use.

Much like "Voice of An Angel" is a completely illegal Goal, since Pinball Wizard is an EXPORT and not Downloadable Content. But Harmonix has the Power Cosmic and can bend reality and break their own rules whenever they see fit.

Fair enough, I was just confused because the goal says songs hes played on I think. For some reason, whenever I played 'In Bloom' it didn't register as a song for the goal.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
Mozgus wrote:

That's odd. It shows up as an option to play on the list of songs when I select it as a goal.

Maybe the "filter" doesn't match the requirements in this case? So you can select any song by Boston, but it won't trigger as completed unless it's a DLC Boston song?

Foreplay / Long Time was the very first song I played in RB3, just to see whether it explicitly had to be a downloaded Boston DLC track or not; I believe I got credit for both the challenge and the associated achievement. I can verify as much when I get home. (The same did not hold for Dave Grohl Band, for what it's worth: playing the L:RB export "Breakout" didn't count towards the list of five, nor does it show up on the list in-game.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Sully  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
Foreplay / Long Time was the very first song I played in RB3, just to see whether it explicitly had to be a downloaded Boston DLC track or not; I believe I got credit for both the challenge and the associated achievement. I can verify as much when I get home.

Odd. I played F/LT on expert guitar and golded it, yet I did not get the "5-Star any Boston song" achievement.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: