FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Star counts are inaccurate in band play

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Star counts are inaccurate in band play Reply with quote

There appears to be an issue, at least on PS3, where if you play a song in a group, while the solo scores will be accurate (as far as I can tell), the star count you are displayed will be wrong. For example, tonight I "gold-starred" China Grove in a co-op setting but the score I got was actually lower than my previously entered score here which was a 5-star.

This may be an argument for putting in automatic star calculation for RB3 songs, provided the data can be entered for star thresholds. Otherwise the star counts people enter themselves will be all over the place if they played in bands.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, this is disturbing. I've already entered in scores (some from band play), but most were sightreads, so I had no previous score to compare stars with.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping there is another explanation. Meanwhile here are a couple of screenshots from my game. One shows a fairly pedestrian score for China Grove. The other shows gold stars for that song .

psymatiq  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the same on xbox.. a singel score of 361k on x guitar on freebird solo was 5 stars then i did it online and messed up and got 340k and got gold stars. Im kinda confused how it works tbh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there seems to be something different about how cutoffs are calculated in Band play. Last night I was playing with my brother and I was on Keys, and apparently I was gold starring songs I've had trouble 5 starring on my own.
epsilon82  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I definitely noticed this on the first day as well. I was in a band and got a few gold stars, but one in particular stood out as ludicrous, because it was Sister Christian and it had some cymbal/tom stuff on Pro that I wasn't used to at all yet, so I broke combo several times. When it showed gold stars, I knew there was something wrong.

One thing I still can't wrap my head around is how the unison bonuses play into this. In most respects, it's reasonably easy to "separate" the solo performance from the band play, even with respect to calculating the overdrive multiplier differently, but the one thing I can't see them dealing with (without heavy fudging, at least) is how to deal with situations where I hit a unison bonus, but someone else doesn't. In solo play, I'd have half a bar of overdrive, but instead I get a quarter. How can the game possibly account for that?

The strange thing is that the situation I mentioned above you would think would work toward lower scores, not higher. But it's moot if the only issue here is the reporting of the star score, and not the numerical score itself, but I'm not 100% sure of either one's accuracy myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: