FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Warming up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Warming up? Reply with quote

I was just wondering what people do to warm-up their feet. I see tons of stuff for hands, but for me unless I'm doing like a marathon hands dont really matter, but even a lot of bass for a decently long time or double bass a ton will kill my feet. What are some good excersices for the feet?

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
MusketWarrior  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's a lot of stretching (hip flexors, hamstrings, glutes, front and back of calves), then just playing to a click starting at 200 bpm and working my way up to ~240. I do the same thing with my hands (stretch wrists and fingers first). If this is more in reference to warming up for RB, then just play increasingly demanding songs. If you play real drums, and don't have a click, get one.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MusketWarrior wrote:
For me, it's a lot of stretching (hip flexors, hamstrings, glutes, front and back of calves), then just playing to a click starting at 200 bpm and working my way up to ~240. I do the same thing with my hands (stretch wrists and fingers first). If this is more in reference to warming up for RB, then just play increasingly demanding songs. If you play real drums, and don't have a click, get one.

Thanks, and i guess its for both, but it was mostly for physically warming up my body so thanks. I do have a click so thats convenient.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
IBitePrettyHard  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I frequently do bass warmups [with a metronome] by playing straight 8th notes at various speeds, slow to fast. And I'll play a standard doubles exercise as well. "Dudu dudu dudu dudu du du" etc. Hope that helps.

www.youtube.com/IBitePrettyHardSH | Gamertag: IBitePrettyHard & IBiteLegacy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: IBitePrettyHard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: