FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
foot pedal activating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HomelessCarl  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: foot pedal activating Reply with quote

seems that the foot pedal doesn't always work when activating. Any tips on fixing this issue?

My RB Accomplishments/Banners

THIS DOESN'T LEAVE THIS SIG TILL HARMONIX PUTS KARN EVIL 9 IN RB3.
pianojuggler4  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't aware of this feature at all, but it does say it in the keyboard guide.
Nonetheless, I couldn't get it to work at ALL with a destroyer pedal (which is all I have atm).

So not sure.

XBL GT: XRhythms
MarcK  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying it with a two different regular every day RB2 pedals to no results. It sucks because I have a lot of trouble activating the normal way.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MarcKingston
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As of right now any of the drum pedals that are available are not compatible with the keyboard for the overdrive function. This is not a problem with your keyboard or any of the foot pedals that you have but due to a problem within the games software itself. Unfortunately Harmonix and EA had bumped into a problem that won’t allow the pedals to initiate the overdrive in the game, the only thing we’re all waiting for is for EA and Harmonix to do an update or patch to repair the problem from the inside.
I hope this information has been helpful to you, thank you for contacting Mad Catz, have a great day!

JEREMY ROMIO
Customer/Technical Support Rep

MAD CATZ, INC.
7480 Mission Valley Road, Suite 101
San Diego, CA 92108-4406

+1 619 683 9830 extension 4357
+1 619 321 4357 direct line
+1 619 683 9839 facsimile

Icemage  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Good to hear that it IS a glitch, and not an intentional design choice, anyhow.
megallica  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know i'm basically necroing this thread, but i tried using my RB2 stock kit drum pedal to activate overdrive with my keyboard, and it works fine

i'm guessing this means that they did a patch or an update and fixed whatever problem was stopping this from working before

i find it more convenient to activate with a pedal in some situations, so i'm pretty happy that they fixed this

i haven't tried it with different pedals though, so i can't verify if it works for anything but the stock pedal so far

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
i know i'm basically necroing this thread, but i tried using my RB2 stock kit drum pedal to activate overdrive with my keyboard, and it works fine

i'm guessing this means that they did a patch or an update and fixed whatever problem was stopping this from working before

i find it more convenient to activate with a pedal in some situations, so i'm pretty happy that they fixed this

i haven't tried it with different pedals though, so i can't verify if it works for anything but the stock pedal so far

I customized a cheapo sustain pedal (spliced in an 8th inch jack) and it works perfectly.

I forget if I'm using a normally open or normally closed pedal though. I'll get back to this thread with that info.
Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally closed pedals will work with the peripheral.

I used a Quicklok PS-15 which was just lying around.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just guessing that pedals don't work on the wii?

bclare  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
just guessing that pedals don't work on the wii?

Well if they didn't work on xbox until the patch, and Wii doesn't get patches... then yeah, probably not.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wii can definitely get patches, my brother plays black ops online and he had to install a patch just the other day.

xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
The Wii can definitely get patches, my brother plays black ops online and he had to install a patch just the other day.
It's just that Harmonix clearly could care less about the Wii though

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Warhiem wrote:
It's just that Harmonix clearly could care less about the Wii though

It's less about HMX and more about Nintendo. They don't like to release patches, they don't have standard infrastructure for it, especially since Wii doesn't have a hard drive. They've only patched a few Nintendo games, and apparently Black Ops, because that game is a fucking cash cow the way that rhythm games are not, in 2011.
megallica  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasn't sure if this needed it's own thread in the Guitar/Bass forum or not, but foot pedal activations also work for the Mustang Pro Guitar

it's actually really convenient for pro guitar, since it doesn't have the huge star power button that the GH5 guitar has, so until i tried using the foot pedal, i had to tilt activate for everything, which frequently causes me to miss when i wouldn't otherwise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: