FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 Customs (Xbox 360)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve25469  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikminguts92 wrote:
Use 'DtbCrypt' from ArkToolGUI. It requires use of command prompt.

got it figured out, and thanks again! is there anyway to convert the decrypted dtb file into a normal songs.dta style format?

I'm also trying to figure out how to hex edit a different main.hdr file to make it work with rockark. I've been reading through the posts but have gotten very confused and don't know where to start exactly. rockark expects my .hdr file to be a certain size and when it's not then the extract fails. So what would I alter in hexedit to fix this?
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve25469 wrote:

got it figured out, and thanks again! is there anyway to convert the decrypted dtb file into a normal songs.dta style format?

Yes, use dtb2dta. The line should look like this.
Code:
dtb2dta songs.dtb songs.dta
Also note that the input .dtb MUST be decrypted.

steve25469 wrote:

I'm also trying to figure out how to hex edit a different main.hdr file to make it work with rockark. I've been reading through the posts but have gotten very confused and don't know where to start exactly. rockark expects my .hdr file to be a certain size and when it's not then the extract fails. So what would I alter in hexedit to fix this?

I've been there before. What I did was compare the decrypted .hdr file for RB3 (version 6) with the converted .hdr file (version 4). I can't recall the exact differences but it's relatively easy to notice. I used the tables on page 1 for reference.

I successfully extracted contents from RB3's TU4 and TU5, and even a demo of DC1 by down-converting the hdr file. If you're interested, I might still have the original and converted hdr files from those projects. Just PM me your email address.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
steve25469  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent. and thanks!
My whole purpose behind what I've been doing is to see if there is any way to alter con files (possibly through the songs.dta) to make them playable on the TU5 update. I thought more people would be interested in making that happen but it's been a while, and since most people don't mind just playing offline with TU4 there hasn't been much interest. Not willing to give up my customs, but I would love to bring online support back into the game at the same time lol
fab4  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: HELP extracting ark files Reply with quote

I'm trying to extract the ark files using LocalH's method (page 2). When I try to do Step 7 I get the following message: xdelta: expected from file (main_dec.hdr) of length 511277 bytes Is this an error?

If I continue with step 8 it asks to overwrite main.hdr Is this correct? Do I select yes?

If I continue with step 9 I get
*** ERROR *** ...........
I'm sorry it didn't work out. Press Enter to quit.

Here is what I did from the command prompt:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian>cd desktop

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop>cd rockband3

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop\rockband3>cd ark

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop\rockband3\ark>copy main.hdr main_enc.hdr

1 file(s) copied.

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop\rockband3\ark>dtbcrypt -n -d main.hdr ma
in_dec.hdr
DtbCrypt v3.0 - xorloser 2008

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop\rockband3\ark>xdelta patch mainv4_hdr.xd
elta main_dec.hdr mainv4_dec.hdr
xdelta: expected from file (main_dec.hdr) of length 511277 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop\rockband3\ark>copy mainv4_dec.hdr main.h
dr
Overwrite main.hdr? (Yes/No/All): y
1 file(s) copied.

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop\rockband3\ark>rockark extract main.hdr .
.\arkextract
*** ERROR ***
rockark version 1.3.1 (BETA) (Wednesday, June 10th, 2009)
rockark extract main.hdr ..\arkextract

Unhandled error
Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.MemoryStream.InternalReadInt32()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at RockLib.Ark.ArkHeaderUtil.ReadFromHeaderFile(ArkFile ark, String headerPat
h, ArkOptions& arkOptions, Int32& numberOfParts, List`1& entries) in C:\RockLib\
Ark\ArkHeaderUtil.cs:line 92
at RockLib.Ark.ArkFile._ReadFromHeaderFile() in C:\RockLib\Ark\ArkFile.cs:lin
e 425
at RockLib.Ark.ArkFile.ReadFromHeaderFile(String headerPath) in C:\RockLib\Ar
k\ArkFile.cs:line 142
at RockArk.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\RockLib\Demo\RockArk\Program.cs:
line 105

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Press Enter to quit.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the launch version of RB3? If it's the Madkatz one then I think the HDR file is a slightly different size. So the patch will not work on it. You will have to manually hex-edit it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
fab4  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Ark files extracted into useable folders/files on HDD Reply with quote

I was finally able to extract the Ark files from the Rock Band 3 iso. I used a different program to extract the Ark files from the iso. I then used LocalH's method to convert those files into Windows style folders and files.

Thanks for the post on how to convert the Ark files LocalH!!!! It is greatly appreciated and works like a charm!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: