FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 Customs (Xbox 360)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I write this post, I think I made a slight error, as when I do the calculations to explain this, I'm off by two. Above post with spec edited to fix.

All these numerical values are big-endian, btw. That 04120400 works because it's an endian palindrome, lol.

Let's take your example, and look at the middle 8 bytes, split in halves
02190000 6B370000

Now we make these two values big-endian:

00001902 0000376B

Both of these are indices into the middle section of the file (the "string offset table"), which is where you will find the offset into the actual string table. Indices, not offsets - each string offset is 4 bytes, so multiply by 4 and there's your offset from 0x03f2c9 (which is the beginning of the string offset table). The first one is for the filename, the second for the pathname. So, let's do your example to confirm all this:

0x1902 * 4 = 0x6408 + 0x3f2c9 = 0x456d1 (filename)
0x376b * 4 = 0xddac + 0x3f2c9 = 0x4d075 (pathname)

Ok. The 4-byte value found at 0x456d1 is 0x87e90300 in "normal", little-endian format. Change that to little-endian and you get 0x0003e987. This is now your offset into the string table, so add 0x162 to it, and you get 0x0003eae9. What do we find at 0x0003eae9? "songs.dtb". Let's do the same with the path. 0x4d075 contains 0xc70c0000, or 0x00000cc7. Add that to 0x162 and you get 0xe29. What's at 0xe29? "songs/gen".

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
AerialX  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, is there some specific reason why you guys are re-reversing the Ark file format? ArkTool was released with source, and there are other (long-forgotten I guess) .ark apps with it too.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArkTool doesn't work with RB3. They must have changed the format some.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
ArkTool doesn't work with RB3. They must have changed the format some.

Sure, v6 added two new sections. One 0x14-size hash section, and one new { int numarks, int * numarks } section before the strings or whatever. The rest is identical to RB2's.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, anyway, I took the cheap way of fixing it after talking with ajanata, and rather than modifying existing tools or writing a new one (since, as I mentioned, I'm not a programmer), I just hacked the v6 HDR into a format that good old RockLib would open (still can't get ArkTool to open it, but whatever), so I now have the full contents extracted onto my HD, in good old-fashioned style.

Edit: Ok, I've managed to make a small patch file using xdelta to modify a decrypted RB3 360 HDR file such that RockArk can read it - this is a patch only, contains no copyrighted content (it only changes a few bytes, deletes a whole bunch of unknown shit, and pads the ark part lengths out to 8 bytes with 00). In case you don't have a copy of RockLib or xdelta, I link to everything necessary here. This does require commandline usage. This does not require Windows, although I do link to Windows binaries. If you're using Mac or Linux, you're on your own in terms of getting the tools running. This is assuming you are working with the files from the X360 version, if not then you'll probably have to do the patch by hand.

Necessary tools
RockLib v1.3 Win32 binaries (including RockArk.exe, which we need) (sources)
xdelta for Win32, source linked from the page
The patch itself (damn ISP webspace not letting me use any but some common extensions, the raw patch file is 2/3 of the zipped file size)
You'll also need DtbCrypt from any of the ArkTool packs, but as it seems many here already have ArkTool, I won't worry about linking to it since it's part of ArkTool.

What to do
1) Make a folder on your computer to house all of this stuff. You can organize it however you want, what I did was to just make a "rockband3" folder on the desktop, and inside it I made "ark" and "arkextract" directories. These instructions will go based on this.
2) Put the unmodified game ARK files in "rockband3/ark" and rename them to be "main.hdr", "main_0.ark" through "main_9.ark".
3) Unzip all the tools and the xdelta patch into "rockband3/ark", making sure that all the binaries end up in the ark folder and not a subfolder
4) Open a command prompt and go to the ark folder
5) While you're there, back up the original file with copy main.hdr main_enc.hdr
6) Decrypt the HDR with dtbcrypt -n -d main.hdr main_dec.hdr
7) Patch the HDR with xdelta patch mainv4_hdr.xdelta main_dec.hdr mainv4_dec.hdr (fixed, thanks ajanata)
8) Now you should have three HDR files. Do copy mainv4_dec.hdr main.hdr
9) Now we can extract files. Do rockark extract main.hdr ..\arkextract and wait.

Congratulations! If you (or I) didn't screw anything up, you should start seeing status displays every 5 seconds in the command line window, showing the filename it's extracting at that moment.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.

Last edited by LocalH on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
ajanata  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 7 is missing an argument. It should be xdelta patch mainv4_hdr.xdelta main_dec.hdr mainv4_dec.hdr Other than that, working great for me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch, thanks. Anyway, I hope this spurs interest in doing some customization of RB3. Sure, it would require a modded 360, but as it was back in the old days, we merely need not discuss such things here, just what to do after the fact =P

thebestcoder923  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on DTBCyrpt step i get and error opening main.hdr
air15  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestcoder923 wrote:

LocalH wrote:
You'll also need DtbCrypt from any of the ArkTool packs, but as it seems many here already have ArkTool, I won't worry about linking to it since it's part of ArkTool.

That step is missing

Thx for the info
thebestcoder923  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

air15 wrote:
thebestcoder923 wrote:

LocalH wrote:

That step is missing

Thx for the info
What I Was saying was when i got to the step that used DTBCyrpt I ran it and it came back saying that it could not read the main.hdr file
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you rename the files to remove the "_xbox" part of the name?

thebestcoder923  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:

As My Favorite Character would say "Yes,yes I Did"
thebestcoder923  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:

Yo I Want To Know how big is you main.hdr file is. i want to know if mine is damaged
LocalH  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

499KB (511,281 bytes) as pulled straight from the disc.

Can you go through the steps again and explain exactly what you did from step 1, so I can try to help you figure out where you're going wrong?

orion007  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
499KB (511,281 bytes) as pulled straight from the disc.

Can you go through the steps again and explain exactly what you did from step 1, so I can try to help you figure out where you're going wrong?

I got them extracted just fine so I can say that LocalH's method works.

I like how they have the PRO_DRUMS updates for all the songs in their own mid file. It should be very easy to update existing mid's with those.

One thing that is troubling is the lack of the VENUE track. I have no idea how they are controlling lighting and cameras now but I would assume that this is why the SK no longer is supported.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: