FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 FC Breakdown (PRO)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megallica  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Walk of Life is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH too high, and needs to be moved about 10 spots near the easier side of the list. I never never never never miss in the intro, and the rest of the song is a cakewalk. It needs to be switched around with Humanoid, because the fast parts of that are a bitch.

Also, the top 4 seem fine where they are.

That's a massive overcorrection. I don't see how walk of life could be easier than living in America, which is only two spots below it. The chords in walk of life are way more difficult than anything in living in america.

I couldn't fc walk of life until I had 37 other on disc fcs, including portions for foxes(although that's clearly later than most)

Also, the fast purcussive parts of humanoid aren't that hard. I fced it within an hour of playing it for the first time and got it as my 20th on disc fc. That part isn't really that fast. It may take more grindind for some, but in terms of skill, it isn't too hard to learn that section and a beginner could grind the fc out before being able to play songs with more complexity like low rider or last dance.

I think it's worth mentioning that I was a beginner when I fced humanoid, and couldn't even pass the killing moon or the power of love at the time(and I did try to pass those two songs that same week).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post, see below...

Last edited by googleimage on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:12 am; edited 2 times in total
googleimage  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walk Of Life is better where it is now than it is at #16. I can see how Humanoid could a touch more difficult for some, but they're pretty close IMO. I think a minor correction might be appropriate with Humanoid.

I also think Werewolves of London can move down slightly as well, if only because its hard part is right at the end. I have about 30 FC's, and I don't have this one. Of course it shouldn't move that far down, but it seems more comparable to the songs in the middle of the "solid" tier.
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few comments:

Maybe This Bastard's Life should get one of those asterisks. I found it pretty difficult to do with one hand, but a lot of people are saying that it's easier than where it already is (while I think it's harder than a few below it.) Maybe those people are playing with two hands?

Sister Christian is easier than where it's placed. It should at least be lower than Me Enamora, as there are 10 or so more x-plat 100% runs of SC. They might not be FCs, but it's a decent way to gauge it. Plus I just feel glissandos are much trickier than anything in SC.

I think the positioning of the final tier is currently perfect. I'm much better at Antibodies than I used to be. The section right after the second solo of Llama is just about unhittable due mainly to those first 4 notes being so close together. All the rest is hard but doable, and this is definitely the most difficult section of the entire song. Smoke on the Water's 2nd Chorus ending is not quite as ridiculous, but still harder than anything in all the songs below it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I usually play one-handed, but for this bastard’s life I played two-handed and I agree it should have an asterisk.

I also agree about moving Sister Christian down below Me Enamora.

Also already agreed for Humanoid. I think the reason some people find walk of life easier than humanoid is because they are maybe already piano-trained people. If you are, you’ll find these chords are a breeze, while humanoid’s fast notes might not be so familiar. When I FC’d Humanoid, I lowered the volume of the other instruments down, just to be able to hear clearly what was played.

Does this Breakdown assume that players may or may not have prior experience in piano playing ? I guess that can influence the relative difficulty of some songs a lot
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely agreed on This Bastard's Life getting an asterisk. The outro is much more manageable using two hands.

EDIT: Blargh, I was thinking of Dead End Friends. For some reason I tend to get those two songs confused. My bad.

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.

Last edited by Voltgloss on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
shik4maru  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange I only use one hand for that part and I usually don’t choke there

the part where I use two hands are in the verses, because you have to quickly change from G major to D major chords and with one hand I often choke on the first D, that’s the reason I use two hands there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait... two hands on the outro of TBL? I thought the outro was the easy part of the song... It still should have the asterisk for sure, but it's definitely all those chords that are the hard part.

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My error! I realized belatedly I was thinking of Dead End Friends. I've edited my post to reflect my mistake.

Shows how long it's been since I played on-disc songs.

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, would anyone be up for a SpoonMan-style breakdown thread for RB3 PRO Keys? From the looks of the debate here it seems like we would have sufficient participation, in addition to those that vote in all the FC breakdown threads. I'd be delighted to run it.

Aye or nay?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I’m still a newbie there, could you give me a pointer to what you are thinking about please ?
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shik4maru wrote:
Sorry, I’m still a newbie there, could you give me a pointer to what you are thinking about please ?

Here's your pointer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to participate. I am a little bit worried about the numbers but if you think we have enough people to make it work I say go for it.
shik4maru  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG 118 pages ! Mmh I like the current thread while the other one is so crowded it’s hard to follow. Though I do like the concept, I just fear it will lead to a massive amount of posts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...How many participants do we even have for something like this? We don't have that many Pro Keyboardists here.
(I do play Pro Keys, but I'm not exactly good at FCing songs, and I also do a lot of things out of order when it comes to things like this.)

(To show how "out of order" I am: In a Big Country was my 9th FC (I think), and I haven't bothered to play Before I Forget or The Beautiful People yet because I have an irrational fear of missing notes on those songs (since missing notes would mean I have to play the song again).)

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: