FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 ~ Keys Master FC Breakdown (Standard) [Updated 2/2]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Cold as Ice all the way in the last tier? It's really easy compared to all of the other Tier 7 songs.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Need You Tonight not easiest on both lists?

~25 slowly spaced chords and nothing else.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because this list is mostly a skeleton made from the tiers of RB3. That explains why stuff like Fly Like An Eagle is higher than things like Cold As Ice, and why Free Bird is higher than IGY (IFG).
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Because this list is mostly a skeleton made from the tiers of RB3. That explains why stuff like Fly Like An Eagle is higher than things like Cold As Ice, and why Free Bird is higher than IGY (IFG).

ah okay. Well we should start sorting them more.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rainbow in the Dark should be moved far easier. Possibly in the top 5 or so. You only play for maybe 30 seconds total and it's the same easy repeating riff over and over.

Maybe it's just me, but Don't Stand So Close to Me is really hard. I was playing through the setlist, SR, and 5*'d everything but 3*'d this thing. I do understand it's a one-trick pony though.

Also, Oye Mi Amor should be harder if only for that bastard-fuck of a first section. With the incredibly fast reds that change tempo constantly.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
I think Rainbow in the Dark should be moved far easier. Possibly in the top 5 or so. You only play for maybe 30 seconds total and it's the same easy repeating riff over and over.

Fully agree with this. This song was easier than Before I Forget for me. Probably the easiest in the game sans Need You Tonight.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, we really should try to get this thread going better. With the keys controller list in particular this is new stuff, so a lot of people on SH very well might have to work their way up from Need You Tonight to Roundabout step by step. I have 16 FCs and know I could FC at least 25 songs with some practice, so here's my take on the top of the list for the keyboard controller.

1. Need You Tonight- I could FC this song with my balls and activate with my dick.
2. Before I Forget- try not to fall asleep during the empty space.
3. The Beautiful People- see above
4. Rainbow in the Dark- see the last two, but the one riff where you actually play actually requires some semblance of skill
5. Oh My God- here we start getting into chords, these chords are very spaced out and simple.
6. The Con- similar to OMG
7. Just Like Heaven- nothing hard here, but some different patterns could trip you up
8. Whip It- Piss easy most of the way, but a not-terribly-slow Y YO Y YO section at the very end can be trouble.
9. Yoshimi- nothing too hard but many different patterns, plus long song is long
10. Combat Baby- Short quick section of all single notes, thankfully falls near the beginning of the song.
11. Heart of Glass- some awkward chords.
12. Stop Me If...- Awkward chords with awkward transitions into them.
13. Rock Lobster- Nothing too hard, but fast chord sections might trip some people up.
14. Radar Love- one very small spot in the bridge, chord changes are extremely awkward though. This and maybe Combat Baby are the only remotely challenging Tier 1 songs.
15. Here I Go Again- overtiered for sure. Nothing too hard, but like Yoshimi, long song and active, constantly changing chart.
16. In the Meantime- outro solo is very chokeable, but not really that hard if you can memorize the tempo changes.
17. Killing Loneliness- See Here I Go Again, tad bit harder though.
18. Midlife Crisis- bitchy chart, the hard section in the middle is very odd.
19. I Love Rock N' Roll- outro fast part may require two hands for some, myself included.
20. Walking on the Sun- Encountering a keys solo is intimidating, but it's not bad at all. Some fast awkward parts, two hands might help with those.

Just what I've got so far. I've FCed 1-15 and 17, overhit 16 and 19 if anyone was wondering.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
1. Need You Tonight- I could FC this song with my balls and activate with my dick.
Prove it
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
popesweetjesus  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antibodies is the biggest bitch on keytar, I GSed it though so its aight.

I also agree with Smoke on the Water being tiered high, mainly the one fill in chorus 2 is stupid, but the one part in the guitar solo and chokable outro as well.

I'd move Du Hast up a little bit, its harder than many songs that come after it.
boss1592  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 10 hardest FCs in the game for me (keyboard):

10.Fly Like an Eagle: verses have some pretty fast chords, but its the outro that you really need to practice, trills, trips, they're all in there. i had 2 reverse chokes on this as well, which SUCKED, so try not to do that
9. Saturday Nights Alright: this song is just really fuckin long for a start. there are descending sweeps at the start of each chorus, and the outro is very chokeable, particularly the fast YO chords
8. Something bigger, Something Brighter: Nothing really stands out as overly hard, but i found the song just ridiculously awkward to play, and this one took me a while, beleive me
7. Bohemian Rhapsody: Gets hard around the guitar solo, theres an awkward cluster right at the end, before getting into the bridge which has some really awkward chord changes. if you make it past there, the outro just takes concentration, and the FC's yours
6. Free Bird: lllloooOOOOOONNGG song here. the verses alternate between chords and single note sections, the latter of which have some moderately fast sweeps, which you need to be awake for. after getting to the solo, you just need a buttload of focus, and plenty of practice of the "gallops" that go RRB RRB RRB RRB YYO YYO YYO YYO which go on for ages. get past there, dont choke, job done
5. Llama: quite the opposite of free bird, Llama starts fast and hard and never lets up. there are very few chords, what you really need to FC this are just pure fast fingers, cos there are some really tricky patterns in here, and 2 keys solos, AND the outro which is just asking to be choked on. good luck
4. Smoke on the Water: on my sightread i thought this song was very overtiered, just some chord changes here and there, nothing TOO bad... until i hit chorus 2, which is a zig-zag accross G, Y and O, before adding the B in as well after about 2 repeats, plus the fact that is speeds up, and its really awkward to hit, i mean REALLY awkward. after that, the solo and verse 3 have song chokeable chords, followed by the outro solo, which you better have practiced till your fingers bleed, because it will happily break your combo if you arent ready for it, particularly the trips at the end
3. China Grove: this song is just awkward, awkward, awkward, period. doesnt start off too bed, but the 1st obsticle you will hit is a short, but very fast GO Trill, which you will need to practice to get the timing down for. the verses and chorus's all have awkward chords that you need to be 100% focused for. after chorus 2, the song really gets intense with lots of really awkward chords in the bridge, and the final chorus is so damn chokeable. this song will take a lot of practice to FC
2. Antibodies: If you cant do ascending trips, dont even bother with this song, cos thats all there is for half of it. they arent the fastest trips you'l ever see, but they arent slow, and they will wear your hand down with time. if you manage to get through it, the outro is chokeable, and lasts forever. very, very tough song... but not quite as tough as...

1. Roundabout: i really dont think i need to say anything about this song, but i'm gonna: its a mess. there are some really sporadic zig-zag fills in the verse that are a nightmare, and the chorus is just one long, ever changing zig zag, with the odd weird variation to trip you up. if you manage to get through till after the ascending trips just after chorus 2, you'l get a bit of a break for the bridge, which is just sustains for the most part, but all the song is doing is lulling you into a false sense of security, because after that comes what is without any real doubt the hardest keys section in the game by miles. really fast sweeps that constantly change speed, change pattern, and lasts for sooooo long, your hand will be falling off by the end of it. would be surprised if this section has ever been hit on a keyboard. after that... its keys solo time. the 2 solos arent that bad, but there are some fast zig zags at the end of solo 1 that are tough. if you get through all that, you get the verse fill again, and another chorus, and your done

Last edited by boss1592 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: