FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 Score-tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bmad965 wrote:
Speaking of keys, there's still no DLC showing up for regular or pro keys.

As of this point in time, the only DLC there would be for keys/pro-keys would be the recently released Doors pack. Since it's new, maybe they just haven't gotten around to it. The old DLC (everything prior to this past week) is not going to retro-actively add key parts so there's no point in adding it to score tracking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
Bmad965 wrote:
Speaking of keys, there's still no DLC showing up for regular or pro keys.

As of this point in time, the only DLC there would be for keys/pro-keys would be the recently released Doors pack. Since it's new, maybe they just haven't gotten around to it. The old DLC (everything prior to this past week) is not going to retro-actively add key parts so there's no point in adding it to score tracking

There's also 2 of the 3 songs in the Gamestop free pre-order bonus pack.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will Score Tracking for RB2/GDRB Exports and the DLC start?

EDIT: Nvm.

Um, JC, RB1 on the Wii doesn't export (...yet). Neither does AC/DC, or Lego. It DOES. however, Export GDRB.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, sorry for the delay. Along with adding Subdivisions for this week's DLC, all missing songs and song with inappropriately missing instruments should now have score-tracking.

I've also removed the exports on Wii based on the above post.

Let me know if anything else appears wrong with the tracking that's currently available.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Let me know if anything else appears wrong with the tracking that's currently available.

Is there any chance of an "All" category for RB3? If there isn't, let me know and I'll make a note not to ask again. Thanks.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not without restructuring the entire database for the RB song/score tables. The reason we've not done so yet is because those efforts would be better served towards the rewrite which will fix that along with much more. But I do realize cross-platform rankings for RB games is probably the biggest thing missing right now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably a stupid question, as in asked and answered before. But when is band score-tracking going to start for RB3?

<-------NEWEST
I am a 'Debbie Downer.'
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Okay, sorry for the delay. Along with adding Subdivisions for this week's DLC, all missing songs and song with inappropriately missing instruments should now have score-tracking.

I've also removed the exports on Wii based on the above post.

Still no pro drums for RBN
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Drums for RBN is added now, and I'll get band score-tracking figured out for RB3 after I add tracking for DJ Hero 2.

I thought about adding 2-part combinations now since the consensus was to keep all of those combinations. But between mixing pro and normal instruments, that's still a lot of combinations (18 I believe). So I'll either need to change the interface for selecting instruments, or cut down on some of the combinations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm a skeptic but I can't see there being nearly as many people entering 2-part scores with Pro instruments as with standard instruments. I seriously doubt there would even be enough score entry to make it worth the effort.

However, with the multi-taskers and co-op pairs like Joe and I, standard 2-part combinations should remain fairly high. I could be proven wrong but even in standard play, certain combinations like drums/bass never had many so I can't see things like pro-guitar/bass or pro-bass/keys or pro-keys/drums getting much (if any) action while the combinations such as guitar/vocals and guitar/bass will.

Possibly it could be done like solo/harmony vocals. Select standard or pro-mode then choose same combinations (except maybe with the addition of keys). If 1 or more players are in pro they must select that mode (just as if 1 or more plays expert they must chose that difficulty).

Either way, I think it would be awhile before any pro combos show up simply with the learning curve involved. Is there any way to move forward with the standard 2-part and add pro at a later date should it become popular enough to justify it?

Edit: Sorry, re-reading this it sounds awfully impatient and that was not my intent. Just anxious and trying to offer viable suggestions.

Last edited by RJUCPU on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv RJUCPU PSN Name: RJUCPU Wii Friend Code: 429619949789
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:
Maybe I'm a skeptic but I can't see there being nearly as many people entering 2-part scores with Pro instruments as with standard instruments. I seriously doubt there would even be enough score entry to make it worth the effort.

However, with the multi-taskers and co-op pairs like Joe and I, standard 2-part combinations should remain fairly high. I could be proven wrong but even in standard play, certain combinations like drums/bass never had many so I can't see things like pro-guitar/bass or pro-bass/keys or pro-keys/drums getting much (if any) action while the combinations such as guitar/vocals and guitar/bass will.

Possibly it could be done like solo/harmony vocals. Select standard or pro-mode then choose same combinations (except maybe with the addition of keys). If 1 or more players are in pro they must select that mode (just as if 1 or more plays expert they must chose that difficulty).

Either way, I think it would be awhile before any pro combos show up simply with the learning curve involved. Is there any way to move forward with the standard 2-part and add pro at a later date should it become popular enough to justify it?

I think this is a great idea, selection Pro/Standard just like Solo/Harmony vocals. There will certainly be lots of standard co-op, and maybe some pro co-op, but I really doubt there will be too much pro/standard co-op, with the exception of vocals of course. Vox can just be counted with either I think, since Pro mode isn't available.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the general consensus regarding 3 part bands? I'm a part of one (G/D/V) and I'd at least like the ability to track our scores.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I go to rankings, and choose RBN, it says invalid page.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Among G/B/K parts in 4 (and 3) part bands, no more than 2 of those can be in any instrument combination without enabling All-Instruments Mode. So any 4-part band must have drums and vocals if you don't want to switch on AIM. I know AIM doesn't score vox at all if all 5 instruments are represented, but if it's just at 4 (G/B/K/D or V), is one of those instruments also not scored? If so, that could help a lot in removing potential leaderboards, because who on ScoreHero is going to play in a band with an instrument that's not scored at all?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard, if you have K/G/B in the band, AIM is enabled and vocals is not scored. IMO it's an oversight that, even if I'm not allowed to do G/B/K combinations online, that I can't have a vocalist sign in to their profile. I'd recommend somebody double-check that, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

If SH is planning on score-tracking AIM-only instrument combinations, I'd suggest just having one big leaderboard for all of them and calling it a day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: