FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 Score-tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iammax  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... are you going to add RB3 under our current RBN section, or add the RBN songs to RB3's section?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to the 3-Part, while I agree there isn't nearly as much activity here as in other categories, there is still a decent amount, especially with regard to DLC.

I have a suggestion:

Why not allow "less than 4" to be submitted in full band? In my opinion, this would be similar in mindset to allowing lower difficulties in the expert submissions. If you play with less than 4, you can expect your scores to be lower/your ranking lower. But if you just want to enter them and keep track you have the ability to do so. I know we play frequently in 3-part as do a few others (Ripley comes to mind) so while it may not be competitive in it's own right, there are a bunch of them and this could allow people to still enter them and track. Any combination of 3 could be entered and that's a huge amount of separate leaderboards that could be removed while still retaining the independent scores.

Maybe when submitting under the full band screen you can make the choice "NULL" or something to signify you didn't use that instrument (and when this is chosen, possibly gray out the NS and Percent etc).

I think this could work and... as an added bonus... this would also take care of the scenarios where the song has a missing part. We've seen more and more of those so it could be a way to keep all the various 3-part combinations tracking without having an entirely different set-up for them.

Doing something of this route would save a lot of clutter isolating score tracking to Solo, Co-op (2-part) and Band (maybe a better verbage than full band). Band would consist of any combination above 2 as you would/could feasibly enter 3-part, 4-part and 5-part (since with 5 parts only 4 score anyway and it's limited to local play).

Band obviously will need the most categories as you simply cannot place it in 2 categories but I don't think you would need to break out all possible combinations. Five player band play will be restricted to local play and only four instruments score. Harmonies would be an issue, because even though it's also restricted to local play, the scoring difference is quite large so would not be fair to online bands which make up the large majority of scores. However, I don't see a need to break out all possible combinations as that would dilute the leaderboards significantly. Maybe it could be simple enough as [Band] > Standard / Pro-Mode (whereas Pro-Mode would apply if 1 or more instruments played in this setting similar to the difficulty level now) > [Vocals] Solo/Harmonies. Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Lastly, it seems that Joe mentioned you cannot have certain combinations such as Guitar/Bass/Keys (&/or vocals, don't remember exactly) all at the same time. I'm not sure if this is online only or if it includes local play. Nor am I sure what the consequences are (maybe they just don't all get scored). In either case, it's something to take into account as it could affect the ability to even enter scores with various instruments in Band play.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if this has been covered, but is there any plans to add and "ALL" systems selection for scores like there is on the GH side? I think it would help unite players if there was a single leaderboard to check out (in addition to the separate systems).
xXxLagacyxXx  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prong1978 wrote:
I apologize if this has been covered, but is there any plans to add and "ALL" systems selection for scores like there is on the GH side? I think it would help unite players if there was a single leaderboard to check out (in addition to the separate systems).

this

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plz add ds version when your ready of course I know you said you might get to it but I hope you do get to it xD lol kthxbye
Get all current rb/gh titles [] (unplugged)
GHOT FGFC [] (IDWS,RTN)
GHOTD FGFC [X]
GHMH FGFC [] (SW)
GHOT FSFC []
BHDS FGFC [] (YBP)
RBU FGFC []
LRBDS FGFC [X]
RBM FGFC [X]
1000 fc's [X]
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think the discussion regarding band scores is great and should continue (I like a lot of what RJ said, it goes well with some of my ideas)...

Could we pretty pretty please get DLC and imports tracking up? I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to do, I really badly wanna be able to upload my new AoH, MLW, and EJN scores and the like =/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yayz, it seems like imports/DLC are up.
There's a weird glitch though, every GDRB song shows up twice.
View user's profile Send private message PSN Name: JosJuice Wii Friend Code: 5959909536341960
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosJuice wrote:
yayz, it seems like imports/DLC are up.
There's a weird glitch though, every GDRB song shows up twice.

Looks like imports/DLC are up for standard instruments but not for pro drums.

EDIT: They're up. You rock .
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not updating as I went along, but I wanted to complete my list first.

The issue with the GDRB imports being duplicated has been fixed, and pro drums have now been added for all the newly added material.

Here's a list of updates that were made:
    - All DLC/Imports should now be available within RB3
    - A new menu selection has been added for RBN to choose between RB2 or RB3
    - 'Recent Scores' now has a Keys column and underlines the percentages for Pro scores
    - A bunch of staff controls updated for us to easily keep up with adding future DLC/RBN songs

Please keep in mind that the scoring engines are not compatible between RB2 and RB3, so you must submit your scores within the appropriate section under the game where you played the song.

If you find anything that's wrong or still missing, let me know.

I'll probably revisit band tracking after I add support for DJ Hero 2, which is long overdue now and shouldn't take too long. I'll also try to see what would be involved with adding the DS version here, but that's not as high a priority at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

I'll probably revisit band tracking after I add support for DJ Hero 2, which is long overdue now and shouldn't take too long. I'll also try to see what would be involved with adding the DS version here, but that's not as high a priority at the moment.

Will this include the Co-op (2-part) score tracking? I know earlier in this thread you stated it could probably be added sooner since everyone pretty much agreed about it. Don't mean to sound impatient or anything but we are eager to get started.

Also, I don't know if this is even worth mentioning but something that I find of slight annoyance... would it be possible (or feasible) to move the RB3 selection next to RB1 and RB2? Just seems a better place for it than having to go to the end of the line (or scroll over depending on your browser window size).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
- A new menu selection has been added for RBN to choose between RB2 or RB3
RB3 RBN needs to have Pro Drums added.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for adding the DLC JCirri!

RJUCPU wrote:
JCirri wrote:

Will this include the Co-op (2-part) score tracking? I know earlier in this thread you stated it could probably be added sooner since everyone pretty much agreed about it. Don't mean to sound impatient or anything but we are eager to get started.

Also, I don't know if this is even worth mentioning but something that I find of slight annoyance... would it be possible (or feasible) to move the RB3 selection next to RB1 and RB2? Just seems a better place for it than having to go to the end of the line (or scroll over depending on your browser window size).

I agree with RJ that it would be great if you could add full co-op tracking, as it seems everyone agrees that this should be included.

Also, I think RB3 should stay where it is so the games are in the order that they were released like on the GH side. RBN doesn't exactly follow this model, but since it's not really it's own game I guess that's okay...idunno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those who voxtar/ do two parts at the same time would greatly appreciate co-op tracking as well. It's hard enough to compete with 2 person groups let alone a full band...

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of notes my more anal retentive mind noticed (PS3 Expert Pro Keys page):

1) When I look at my score history in RB2 I can see the note streak and percentage for each score. When I click on my score history in RB3 I only see scores.

2) Possibly related, but sorting by streak or percentage does not work. Doing either gives you the result of sorting by tier. Sorting by timestamp, score, rank, and rating (e.g. stars) do work, as does sorting explicitly by tier.
Bmad965  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of keys, there's still no DLC showing up for regular or pro keys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: