FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 Score-tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
bclare wrote:
if there were just categories for solo and "band score" that would be fine by me. Let people submit any combination to band score just so you don't need separate tracking for every one.
That's going too far IMO.

Why? How many multiplayer combinations actually get significant play? Also, that's the way the official leaderboards are set up, so everything would match up, unlike say in RB2 you put in a score for guitar+bass but there's no LB proof because you had a higher score in a full band when your friends were playing on Medium.

Well we AT LEAST need a separate leaderboard for standard full band, there has always been heavy competition in that and there always will be. Past that, I don't think anything is really essential, but of course I do make my points for what would be good to have.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I'm not SH staff, and my opinion is only my opinion. The decision is JC's.

Um, yeah I'm aware. I was just hoping you would give some reasoning to your opinion instead of just saying "no that's bad"

Quote:
I liked it exactly how MasterNobody described it - full/standard band and 2 player (coop) should be left as is - but the under utilized 3-man band and the non-standard 4+ bands could be tweaked to allow more competitiveness.

I have nothing against this idea, I was just wondering if maybe it wouldn't make sense to take it one step further.

Quote:
If you go too far and generalize everything into solo/band, then the leaderboards lose all meaning.

That's a pretty broad statement.

Actually lemme take a step back because I think you misinterpreted what I said (and I wasn't clear enough). I'm not saying that we should clump every instrument together and just call it "solo". I'm saying there should be the following leaderboards:

- Solo Guitar
- Solo Bass
- Solo Keys
- Solo Drums
- Solo Vocals
^same as above for Pro

- Band
- Band (Pro)

Maybe the pro / without distinction can be like what difficulty level you choose for full band. If anyone in your band was playing expert, you submit it as expert; if anyone was playing Pro, you submit it as pro. Of course we don't know much yet about scoring for Pro guitar/bass so that might end up being unfair.
kLoaKz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Drums Score Tracking needs to have individual sections depending on how many Symbols you have
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kLoaKz i aM PSN Name: kLoaKz
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
iammax  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think it could be good if we have all the combinations for solo and two player, and then for bands bigger than that, just have it be "pro" and "non pro" on one leaderboard with a drop down menu for each player that could show up in comments or something.

idk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should do it one of two ways:
1. When you submit a band score, on the form it will give you queries the will ask you if you did it on Pro Mode or normal mode. It won't pop up on vox info or or on guitar or bass on songs without support for that.
2. It will be like GH5 band scoretracking, only it will be harder since it will have to remove each instrument that is already chosen. It will be like below.
Code:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instrument 1: Guitar|Bass|Drums|Vocals|Keys|Pro Guitar|Pro Bass|Pro Drums|Vocals|Pro Keys|
Instrument 2: Guitar|Bass|Drums|Vocals|Keys|Pro Bass|Pro Drums|Vocals|Pro Keys|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
MetalSmasher86  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
1. When you submit a band score, on the form it will give you queries the will ask you if you did it on Pro Mode or normal mode. It won't pop up on vox info or or on guitar or bass on songs without support for that.
2. It will be like GH5 band scoretracking, only it will be harder since it will have to remove each instrument that is already chosen. It will be like below.
Code:

Instrument 1: Guitar|Bass|Drums|Vocals|Keys|Pro Guitar|Pro Bass|Pro Drums|Vocals|Pro Keys|

The question is, can there be both a regular Guitarist and a Pro Guitarist in the same band? So if Instrument 1 is Pro Guitar, would you also have to remove Guitar from the options for the other instruments?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalSmasher86 wrote:
expertwin wrote:
Code:

The question is, can there be both a regular Guitarist and a Pro Guitarist in the same band? So if Instrument 1 is Pro Guitar, would you also have to remove Guitar from the options for the other instruments?

That is probably true, MetalSmasher.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
What is going to happen to the home page? Scorehero is tracking four more instruments now and it doesn't seem appropriate for it to just show G,B,V,D scores anymore.

He's going to add a keys column.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to throw my two cents in with regard to score tracking for 2-part combinations.

I think it's safe to say that Joe and I are the most active in this category having +3,700 scores and over 1 billion points entered across the combinations. I would truly hate to see these combinations take an axe for the "possibility" there will be "a lot" of scores in different scenarios, mostly containing pro-mode.

As the term implies, score tracking on this site isn't only used as a leaderboard function. Some of us like to enter our scores for multitudes of reasons (tracking FC's, total points, improvement, etc). I don't think it is fair to say "just nix that, it's not competitive" when there are people such as us and some others who spend a good deal of time playing multi-player outside of full band.

Anyway, just wanted to speak up for this combination since no one else posting in here with regard to this subject really plays in this mode so it's no loss to them whereas it would be to us.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:

As the term implies, score tracking on this site isn't only used as a leaderboard function. Some of us like to enter our scores for multitudes of reasons (tracking FC's, total points, improvement, etc). I don't think it is fair to say "just nix that, it's not competitive" when there are people such as us and some others who spend a good deal of time playing multi-player outside of full band.

I totally agree with keeping 2-part tracking 100%, because their are power teams like you and Joe that do play together a ton and on all different combos.

3 part combos, however, and likely now alternative 4-part combos, barely anyone uses score tracking for competition, accounting, or anything. Like I pointed out before, literally only FOUR 3-part groups were bothered enough to submit scores for the entire RB2 setlist. Four, with the game being out for 25 months. I think that shows that these combos are pretty much just clutter, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been having way too much fun on keys today and apologize for the lack of updates. I'll try to pry myself away tomorrow and take of some of the missing stuff.

Also I haven't made any decisions yet, but just to throw this out here - it's going to take some fairly significant restructuring in order to "merge" leaderboards across multiple instrument combinations. So if we decide to go that route, it may take a little while to add. If the consensus is to leave the 2-part combinations alone, I could probably get those added much sooner while we figure out the rest.

But I agree that something needs to be done, since even 4-part combinations are now complex. Both MasterNobody and RJUCPU have good points - feel free to keep discussing, and I'll keep thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we expect a DLC portion under RB3 w/ Rb2 exports, RB1, etc.

i dont think a seperate DLC section can be used b/c of those band moments in single player that give you 2 overdrives.

Accomplishment Thread here!
My Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
My Guitar Hero Accomplishment Thread
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Soccer1296 Wii Friend Code: 441025580100
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the full library will be added within RB3, so please don't use the RB2 sections for those songs as the RB3 scores aren't compatible.

If all goes well I'll try to have all the missing DLC and imports added for score-tracking tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as band scores here are my thoughts:

1. Leave 2 player bands as is, there is good competition/reason

2. Make 3-part bands a single leaderboard. Very rarely are scores submitted and even then the wide range of combinations means almost no one is directly competing against someone else. This consolidates everything.

2a. Allow a user to submit scores with different instrument combos without deleting low scores. I don't know how possible this is with current setup but if a user wants to submit 3-part scores for different instrument combos I don't think the lowest should be deleted solely because its a lower possible scoring combo. I'm not sure how it would work though this is just one thought I had

3. Have leaderboards for: Standard (GBDV), Instrumental (GBDK), All 5 (GBDVK), and one for any other 4 part combo (see point 2a again)

My idea behind combined leaderboards is that you are still free to submit scores for an instrument combination, but there can be legitimate competition for an otherwise widely unused portion of the site. If my 2a subpoint is technically possible (I have no idea if it is...) then people can still post FC's and keep track of that stuff even if they aren't trying to be competitive on the overall leaderboard, but also go for the top scores if they wish.

*end long rambling of thoughts*

Edit - If something like this is ever implemented for RB3 would it be possible to do it retroactively for the GH side or past RB games? Or maybe wait for rewrite?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: