FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 Score-tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drummerbmw  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: RB3 Pro Drum scoring Reply with quote

By testing out the Pro Drum scoring in the drum intro's to Hardest Button to Button, 29 Fingers and Walking on the Sun on the RB3 engine it seems:

Kick = 30
Snare (Red pad) = 30
YBG pads (or lack of cymbal being charted to pad) = 25
Cymbal = 30

NOTE:
In 29 Fingers (on the RB3 engine) the very first RB pad combo is worth 55pts (30 for snare, 25 for blue pad).
After the next RB pad combo your score is now 110pts (55+55).
After the next note on the BLUE pad your score is 135pts signifying the BLUE pad was only worth an additional 25pts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: drummerbmw
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blehgopie wrote:
Will there be plans to add 1/2/3 cymbal sections under Pro Drums?

I think this would kill the drum leaderboards. We will already have the drumming community split bewteen "Expert" and "Pro Expert", but that is reasonable given there is a large difference and some people may play both. But to fragment the community across 1/2/3 cymbals would basically mean every song gets 2-3 scores entered. I strongly dislike this idea.

If you are playing pro drums and have 1-2 cymbals, save a few dollars and get the other ones if the points matter to you.
iammax  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we play non-pro keys on a guitar controller, are we allowed to enter that under keys?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, similar to dual shock scores for early GH games, since it's a game-supported peripheral we will allow scores for 5-lane keys played on guitar here.

In regards to Pro Drums, I tend to agree with blingdomepiece in general that it would segment things too much. Even though if I understand correctly, a split seems unnecessary anyway with the point values always being the same. In fact you could argue that higher scores are easier with just one cymbal enabled, since it appears the others still give 30 pts (in cases when they're supposed to represent a cymbal), and less hand motion would be required.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree with blingdomepiece, there are already too many score possibilities with Rock Band 3 with regards to full band, it would just dilute the leaderboards even more than they have to be

MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fivesecondepic wrote:
I also agree with blingdomepiece, there are already too many score possibilities with Rock Band 3 with regards to full band, it would just dilute the leaderboards even more than they have to be

Speaking of diluting leaderboards...might I throw the idea out there that we don't really need scoretracking for EVERY SINGLE INSTRUMENT COMBINATION? Here are my little breakdowns, just a thought:

2-part: I think this needs to be kept as-is, lots of different people do lots of different combos when playing together, so we might as well have all possible combos for 2-part co-op.

3-part: No one really ever does or ever did competitive 3-part band. On RB2, over the entire 25 months it was the primary platform, FOUR 3 part bands were competitive enough to be bothered to finish the setlist. Less than two per year, on average. So I think what would be cool- open-instrument 3-part score tracking. If all instrument combos got lumped together, they may be some competition at the top, and it might be kinda fun for 3 multi-instrumentalists to have to figure out what combo would get them the most points before each song

4-part: I think traditional full band (regular GBDV), instrumental band (regular GBKD), and later Pro full band (Pro GBKD) are essential, than maybe an open combination leaderboard similar to my idea for 3-part?

These are all just rough ideas I'm throwing out there, I think they have potential to not only unclutter the leaderboards but also to generate more interest in submitting scores for not-so-normal instrument combinations.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that RB3 shows solo scores/stars even when playing band and unison bonuses show up in solo play as well, can we post those to leaderboards with picture proof? I think that score even uploads to the ingame solo boards

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
Now that RB3 shows solo scores/stars even when playing band and unison bonuses show up in solo play as well, can we post those to leaderboards with picture proof? I think that score even uploads to the ingame solo boards
Yup just make sure that your picture proof shows the streak if the score is an FC, since that doesnt show unless you press down.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
fivesecondepic wrote:

Speaking of diluting leaderboards...might I throw the idea out there that we don't really need scoretracking for EVERY SINGLE INSTRUMENT COMBINATION? Here are my little breakdowns, just a thought:

2-part: I think this needs to be kept as-is, lots of different people do lots of different combos when playing together, so we might as well have all possible combos for 2-part co-op.

3-part: No one really ever does or ever did competitive 3-part band. On RB2, over the entire 25 months it was the primary platform, FOUR 3 part bands were competitive enough to be bothered to finish the setlist. Less than two per year, on average. So I think what would be cool- open-instrument 3-part score tracking. If all instrument combos got lumped together, they may be some competition at the top, and it might be kinda fun for 3 multi-instrumentalists to have to figure out what combo would get them the most points before each song

4-part: I think traditional full band (regular GBDV), instrumental band (regular GBKD), and later Pro full band (Pro GBKD) are essential, than maybe an open combination leaderboard similar to my idea for 3-part?

These are all just rough ideas I'm throwing out there, I think they have potential to not only unclutter the leaderboards but also to generate more interest in submitting scores for not-so-normal instrument combinations.
As unconventional as it seems, I kind of like this idea
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:

I'm glad you do! I think it's just a case of doing what's good for the community, and will make things more interesting, rather than what we "should" do with the leaderboards. I think it would be a nice change of pace, and a great departure from the typical SH theory of needing scoretracking for everything ever, including things like...iPhone Rock Band Medium Bass. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

I'm glad you do! I think it's just a case of doing what's good for the community, and will make things more interesting, rather than what we "should" do with the leaderboards. I think it would be a nice change of pace, and a great departure from the typical SH theory of needing scoretracking for everything ever, including things like...iPhone Rock Band Medium Bass. Lol

Agreed. There are like 80000 different instrument combinations in RB3, and most of them are pretty much never played. Honestly if there were just categories for solo and "band score" that would be fine by me. Let people submit any combination to band score just so you don't need separate tracking for every one.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a crazy idea.

Take every score ever, and just put them into one big giant leaderboard. From there, you can just filter it by however you like.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
if there were just categories for solo and "band score" that would be fine by me. Let people submit any combination to band score just so you don't need separate tracking for every one.
That's going too far IMO.
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
bclare wrote:
if there were just categories for solo and "band score" that would be fine by me. Let people submit any combination to band score just so you don't need separate tracking for every one.
That's going too far IMO.

Why? How many multiplayer combinations actually get significant play? Also, that's the way the official leaderboards are set up, so everything would match up, unlike say in RB2 you put in a score for guitar+bass but there's no LB proof because you had a higher score in a full band when your friends were playing on Medium.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not SH staff, and my opinion is only my opinion. The decision is JC's.

I liked it exactly how MasterNobody described it - full/standard band and 2 player (coop) should be left as is - but the under utilized 3-man band and the non-standard 4+ bands could be tweaked to allow more competitiveness.

If you go too far and generalize everything into solo/band, then the leaderboards lose all meaning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: