FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 Score-tracking is Live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mav1  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there is no intent on adding score tracking at any moment. -Scorehero
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 27, 2010
JCirri wrote:
Also I haven't made any decisions yet, but just to throw this out here - it's going to take some fairly significant restructuring in order to "merge" leaderboards across multiple instrument combinations. So if we decide to go that route, it may take a little while to add. If the consensus is to leave the 2-part combinations alone, I could probably get those added much sooner while we figure out the rest.

The consensus was yes but this never happened anyway. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anything else.

Very disappointing. This is primarily the reason I no longer play this game (or have much to do with SH in general)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. Rb3 is a joke in terms of competitiveness. For example the pause that allows people to save od until next phrase or the broken drum rolls, trills, strum lanes, xmb glitch. It shouldn't be taking this long to just add a few more instruments. Lazy people here and this is beyond irritating but then again rb 3 sucks mostly. Rb2 was so much better competing against others. Too bad there are no more rb2 vox leagues here.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's laziness, I just think it's a sense of apathy. Nobody cares because they don't feel there's enough interest to pursue it. In fact, there's more interest in this than the phone apps <_<

Lack of score-tracking has removed a large amount of the fun and interest in the game for co-op players like me and Joe and various others, voxtar people like Oak, Joe, Arvain, etc., as well as the standard full bands that DO enter scores regularly and have always been highly competitive.

So what if you don't want to add all the combinations because it's a pain in the ass... don't. I agree there's probably not enough interest for everything (even though the GH side has way more possible combinations available because of repeats). However, I do think at the very least there should be co-op combinations (non-pro) as well as standard (non-pro) full band, with or even without keys.

The only pro instruments to have any significant number of scores entered are drums & keys (guitar and bass have less than 10 "active" players). All 4 are score-tracked though so "community interest" really doesn't appear to be that relevent. With that low of a number for guitar/bass I think it would be safe to assume there wouldn't be a ton of pro-bands out there entering scores.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points and I totally agree that less and less people are imputing scores with each new game. Rb2 has 3 page of scores on on disk songs while rb3 scores have like 20 scores for most songs. I haven't been trying for FC's on RB3 and I'm like in the top 15. An ETA FROM SCOREHERO STAFF WOULD BE NICE THOUGH. IT ONLY TAKES A FEW SECONDS TO TYPE AN ETA( STAFF BEHIND LUMP IN LINE FOR BRAINS)
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An official response would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistedoak wrote:
An official response would be greatly appreciated.

this

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth here isn't about laziness, it's about wanting to do things the proper way rather than rushing into a solution that will cause further headaches later on.

The rewrite is going to completely change the underlying table structures, and in order to accommodate RB3 band combinations, the structure needs to change. The hope was to handle this all together rather than spend significant effort updating the current schema for a temporary period of time and create more complications for converting data to the new schema.

But given that it's been six months and that the rewrite is still a ways from completion, I agree that a temporary solution is better than nothing. I'll take a hard look at the possibilities that are available and see if I can have something added by the end of the month, if not sooner.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

But given that it's been six months and that the rewrite is still a ways from completion, I agree that a temporary solution is better than nothing. I'll take a hard look at the possibilities that are available and see if I can have something added by the end of the month, if not sooner.

Thank you! speaking for myself and Joe (and others) something, anything, is most appreciated at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SH staff. Came in here angry and left happy
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jcirri. Like RJ said, we greatly appreciate it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
The truth here isn't about laziness, it's about wanting to do things the proper way rather than rushing into a solution that will cause further headaches later on.

The rewrite is going to completely change the underlying table structures, and in order to accommodate RB3 band combinations, the structure needs to change. The hope was to handle this all together rather than spend significant effort updating the current schema for a temporary period of time and create more complications for converting data to the new schema.

You da' man, JC. We appreciate you and the staff's hard work

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
JCirri wrote:

You da' man, JC. We appreciate you and the staff's hard work

Yep, whee!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an idea....

In an effort to just get "something" up for multi-part, would it be possible to do it the same as it is for RBN? You can enter the old combinations for RBN songs done in RB3 and maybe that's something to consider for RB3 setlist/DLC.

This would save the headache of having to add Pro or Keys at this point in time and still give everyone something to enter. I'm not saying Pro or Keys shouldn't be added at some juncture but since it seems that's been the hold up so far might be worth consideration.

I wasn't aware until this past week that we have the capability to add RB3 multi-part scores for RBN songs since we rarely play them. Just thought that might be a good place to start.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to give an update, I've been heavily working on a solution for the past few weeks. When I'm done there will be tracking for all 187 scoreable combinations of instruments.

The interface will mimic the GH5 instrument selections, except it will exclude invalid combinations involving duplicate instruments (including pro variations) or vocals+(pro)guitar+(pro)bass+(pro)keys (i.e. if vocals is scored then you can't also have guitar, bass, and keys all being scored).

Ideally there would be a way to combine ranks across similar groupings in addition to the separated ranks, but there was unfortunately not even a relatively simple way to do that in the existing database. So my options were to track everything separately or to hand-pick certain combinations.

Because the competition is likely to be minimal in either case, I figured I would allow scores to be entered for everything to at least offer personal score-tracking abilities. That way in the future when things can be done differently, we'll have a larger pool of scores in the system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: