FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Guitar Solo Bonus and Big Rock Ending Calculations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
Well Peridot, I guess that you do know what you are talking about. The most I could get with by far the best ending I've ever done is 11,945 on Foreplay/Long Time. Apparently, it's not possible for a human to get that perfect timing needed to get the max score on it.

Nodnod. I'm not saying 12,000 is the EXACT maximum possible score, because I don't think the BRE is exactly 22.50 seconds long. But it's close.

Regardless, a "maximim BRE score" would requre hitting all five frets at the very instance the BRE starts, and all five frets at the last possible instant before the final notes appear.
Even with a Stratocaster, it's not physically possible to do that, but it's easier, so you can sneak a FEW more points in than you can with a Gibson.

In the end, all I care about is dispelling the myth that "a Stratocaster is better for Big Rock Endings because you can Hit Moar Notes with it".
Moneybags137  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This clears up so much. Thanks

My Acc
Total Fcs [86] Latest: [Same Old Song and Dance]
Best(In terms of the Fc list): The Seeker
El jefe[4-7-09]
The log[4-10-09]
[51/70] FGFC GH3H
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: moneybags137
SmugDuckling  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about calculating the theoretical maximums. Take a look at Detroit Rock City: http://rockband.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/contrib/ajanata/guitar/detroitrockcity_guitar_expert_blank.png

The Big Rock Ending is at 180 bpm - that means that each beat takes exactly 1/3 of a second, so the entire thing is exactly 29 * 1/3 = 9.66... seconds.

If we assume that you can get a bonus 250 points at the beginning (since you can light up the frets right away to get 750 points) and 500 points for every second thereafter, the entire thing should be worth approximately:

9.66... * 500 + 250 = 5083.33...

But it's clearly worth more than that. Ajanata has it listed as 5750, and this video clearly has the person getting more than my theoretical max, even without doing it to the very end.

I must be missing something in my calculation. Any idea what it is?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 questions:

what if you activate overdrive right before BRE? does that change anything? cause it says "2x" in the corner.

is it recharging on the drum pads as well? the points i mean.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmugDuckling wrote:
I must be missing something in my calculation. Any idea what it is?

I think it's this: When a BRE starts, all the lanes are FULLY CHARGED.

So that means if it was possible to hit all five notes at the very beginning of the BRE, you'd get 750 points right away for it, not 250. Then they'd all start charging anew.

As a result, the maximum possible points for a one second BRE would be 750 + 500 = 1250.
A 9.66 second one is 750 + 4830 = 5,580. (5,750 would be the max for a 10 second one.)

As for drums, they also "recharge," but they're all running off of a single 'note lane.' So as long as you hit ANYTHING a couple times a second, you should end up with close to maximum, even if you just bass pedal the entire thing.
SmugDuckling  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, okay, I'm a moron. I was thinking that you get only a bonus 250 because the extra 500 in 750 in accounted for by the 500 per second, but it's not.

Easy to see if you look at a 1 second fill.

750 points right away. Wait one second, get another 500, and that's the whole thing.

Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Guitar Solo Bonus and Big Rock Ending Calculations Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
...(Obviously, there's a huge cut for one missed note. Imagine the bonus on a GGaHT FC...)

I "imagine" that it's 168,600.

Thanks everyone for the infor in this thread. Now I can stop spamming my drum set during BREs. That'll come in real handy next time I FC Let There Be Rock (Live).
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would starting to mash on the Strat's solo buttons before the BRE actually begins help at all? It seems like it would make it easier to hit all five note channels as soon as possible, and hence lead to slightly higher scores... and since the solo buttons won't register a strum outside solos/BREs, there's no chance of accidentally failing out or debates over whether it's still an FC if you break combo after the last note but before the BRE.

I'll carry out an experiment tomorrow to see what I can get (can't tonight, it's a bit late :P).

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
TheTez  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had never heard of any of this, we always just thought you were supposed to go crazy, I just put one hand on the solo buttons and 1 hand on the regular frets and go crazy....lol
WillieRayPR  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea on how Pro Guitar Solo Bonuses are calculated? I'm guessing Pro Keys follow the same rubric as legacy instruments.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
        (real_guitar
                (awards
                        (0
                                failed_solo)
                        (35
                                bad_solo)
                        (55
                                okay_solo)
                        (65
                                solid_solo)
                        (75
                                great_solo)
                        (85
                                awesome_solo)
                        (100
                                perfect_solo))
                (reward 1)
                (penalty 0.80))

Not sure what the "penalty" values are for. They're 1.00 for the non-pro instruments. For each cutoff level, the first value is the lower-bound percentage for that solo rating and the second value is the points per note. Pro bass is the same as pro gtr. Don't see an entry for pro keys, so I'm assuming it's the same as regular keys (which is the same as the other 4/5-lane instruments, since those values are stored in a "default" node)

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: