FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 Overdrive Activation Troubles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
link2312  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: RB3 Overdrive Activation Troubles Reply with quote

Is anyone else having problems activating overdrive on rb3?

In rb2 I normally just blow into the mic or tap it and it will activate but in rb3 I can scream into the mic like a mad man and nothing happens... is there something I should be trying with my voice or does the problem lie in the mic/game?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: link2312 PSN Name: link2312
rastabot1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was RJ who said for GDRB to use a low "Vrrr" sound and that works fine for me in RB3. hope that helps.

link2312  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll give it a go next time I'm playing
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: link2312 PSN Name: link2312
MWcw709  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the GREAT pitch sensitivity of Green Day: RB lol it was a pain to pop the windows sometimes cause of the low wooo or what ever sound you had to make lol

Get your Portable ID!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
link2312  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I ever had any troubles with Green Day but the "vrrr" sound is working a treat for RB3!

Thanks heaps for the suggestion!
link2312  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I'm playing right now with a mate and the vvvrrr noise doesn't work unless it's held for a bit and it doesn't always work... Is there any quick sounds I can try?
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What console are you playing on?

The really odd thing about the vocal OD activations in RB3 is that for some people it will not activate for love nor money whilst for others (like me - on the 360 using a standard Logitech Vantage mic) it's so sensitive that the mere act of breathing or quietly coughing can sometimes set it off.

Honestly, I reckon I could give the mic an evil stare and the vibes produced would set it off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple other things I have noticed - it works a little better if the vrr is at a varied pitch instead of monotone (so like a motor revving or something) and at a different key than what you are singing the phrase before.
link2312  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing on the 360 I'll try varying the pitch now lol me and my mate are gonna play a bunch now so I'll have a play and try and find what works for me and my mic lol
MWcw709  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've notice the bars behind the words scrolling across and if you line up your arrow in between though two small bars NOT THE WHITE AREA but in the the black area the window has no problem popping so i'm agreeing with changing pitch theory.

Get your Portable ID!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
Geekthras  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played through Complexity of Light and I could not get it to activate once in the entire song, trying everything from a loud yell to my strongest growl. Kind of annoying.

I am a guy who plays the drums. I use the drumsticks to play the drums. I also play the ukulele. I don't use my drumsticks for my ukulele. That would be bad.
Drums: 14,700,000 points in RB2, 4,700,000 in TB:RB
Accomplishments
Wii FC 5398 0984 3367
Spectrauma  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the game gives you a low sensitivity. So turn your speakers down, move back from the speakers (better yet, use headphones if you can) and sing quietly. Should make it much easier to activate. :)
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm totally with ya

i was in an endless setilist with 2 friends...

the weird thing is that this happened to only on CERTAIN songs...

In one of em, the drummer died... and i was like "woooooooooooooh, wOOOOOOooooooohoOOOOOooo" and nothing happened, on NONE of the windows , it was really frustrating... not even low "vrrrs" worked.

today i was trying to play "Crosstown Traffic" on solo vox ... then plop, damn, the same issue!!!

what did i do? i unplugged my GH mic ... and then plugged my almost-dead While Logitech Microphone... and the situation got better, slightly better, i was activating almost normally

so yeah i plugged back my GH mic... and again, dead windows... i tried all kinds of wooooh's, restarting, going back to menu, even reboo-ting the game, and no luck, until i plugged my White logitech again

so if youre having the same issues as me... try changing your mic, it may help

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesker-kun wrote:
i'm totally with ya

i was in an endless setilist with 2 friends...

In one of em, the drummer died... and i was like "woooooooooooooh, wOOOOOOooooooohoOOOOOooo" and nothing happened, on NONE of the windows , it was really frustrating... not even low "vrrrs" worked.

today i was trying to play "Crosstown Traffic" on solo vox ... then plop, damn, the same issue!!!

what did i do? i unplugged my GH mic ... and then plugged my almost-dead While Logitech Microphone... and the situation got better, slightly better, i was activating almost normally

so yeah i plugged back my GH mic... and again, dead windows... i tried all kinds of wooooh's, restarting, going back to menu, even reboo-ting the game, and no luck, until i plugged my White logitech again

so if youre having the same issues as me... try changing your mic, it may help

I ran into the same problem on the ESL.
Only certian songs with certian windows seemed to be broken.

My boyfriend and I made an accidental discovery though!
During online gameplay, we were switching back and forth from solo vocals to double vocals on and off through the night.
we had both mics plugged in. One Rock Band and one logitech.
Whenever i couldn't activate during a SOLO song, even if i had solo detected, if either of us made an activation noise on the second mic, the window would activate (And the second arrow would pop up too)

So i took this a step further. I went to solo vocalist play with two mics plugged in. Whenever i wanted to activate, i'd make my noise into the second mic, but continue singing into the first.
This worked flawlessly.
I don't know if it'll work for you guys or not, or add complexities that we don't know about yet.. but i'm just reporting what worked for me. Maybe it'll help someone :3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've notice something that got all my mics to pop the windows normally on any song. If, you change your surround sound system from Dolby to 2ch and use the mulit-output option on your ps3. You also, have to make sure Dolby is off in-game as well for this too work and see how that does for ya. Too me for some reason the game couldn't differentiated sounds going into the mics and our voices. Due to all the noise going into the mic. Just food for thought...lol, don't hurt to give it a whirl.

Get your Portable ID!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: