FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semi-Charmed Life '09: 3/, 3/sk3, 2/, 2/ (Mysario)

Never Let You Go '09: 2/sk1, 2/BOD, 3/BOD (FreshPrinceOfRB)

Initially tried 4/BOD, 2/BOD but that got me 257k and this one got me 258k w/ a squeeze on first activation

Music Is Worth Living For: 2/sk2-1p-ESF, 2/sk1, 2/sk2-1p-ESF, 2/sk1 (FreshPrinceOfRB)

234,796 with this one

Edit: Forgot to give myself credit on those paths on two separate occasions. gg. Though it's entirely possible they can be improved too

Last edited by JODIsBack on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
cantbreak90  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure if this has been discussed before, but I believe the p notation in paths is being misused, and it throws me off. My thought was that the p notation was created to clarify acts that contained full singing phrases bunched up next to the actual ESF phrase. But it seems people are using it as another way to shorthand the notation to decrease the number of skips. I think this is wrong and not what the p notation was originally intended to do.

Take for instance the Shooting Star path. The second act is written as 2/1p-ESF. While I get what the author meant when they notated it this way, this is not what the ps were created for. When I write down a path, I take the perspective of someone who is sightreading the song and path. Therefore, when I look at a path, the notation should correctly prepare me for what to expect while singing the song for the first time.

When I see 2/1p-ESF, I sing two OD phrases. After singing the 2nd one, Im expecting to see one normal phrase immediately followed by the ESF phrase with no windows between them. The first window that should come up is the ESF window. This is what that notation is telling me.

However, this is not the case for the second act of Shooting Star. The 2nd act should just be notated as 2/sk2-ESF. There is a window immediately following the 2nd OD phrase and then a normal singing phrase and then another window after that followed by the ESF phrase.

Theres no need for ps here unless there was a phrase (or two or three, etc) right before the ESF phrase without a window in between. I know once I skip the 2nd window, the upcoming phrase is the ESF phrase.
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cantbreak90 wrote:
Im not sure if this has been discussed before, but I believe the p notation in paths is being misused, and it throws me off. My thought was that the p notation was created to clarify acts that contained full singing phrases bunched up next to the actual ESF phrase. But it seems people are using it as another way to shorthand the notation to decrease the number of skips. I think this is wrong and not what the p notation was originally intended to do.

Take for instance the Shooting Star path. The second act is written as 2/1p-ESF. While I get what the author meant when they notated it this way, this is not what the ps were created for. When I write down a path, I take the perspective of someone who is sightreading the song and path. Therefore, when I look at a path, the notation should correctly prepare me for what to expect while singing the song for the first time.

When I see 2/1p-ESF, I sing two OD phrases. After singing the 2nd one, Im expecting to see one normal phrase immediately followed by the ESF phrase with no windows between them. The first window that should come up is the ESF window. This is what that notation is telling me.

However, this is not the case for the second act of Shooting Star. The 2nd act should just be notated as 2/sk2-ESF. There is a window immediately following the 2nd OD phrase and then a normal singing phrase and then another window after that followed by the ESF phrase.

Theres no need for ps here unless there was a phrase (or two or three, etc) right before the ESF phrase without a window in between. I know once I skip the 2nd window, the upcoming phrase is the ESF phrase.

What you have said is correct. There was prior discussion about it. If you can renotate those paths that would be great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
MaxRenn82  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JODIsBack wrote:
Never Let You Go '09: 2/sk1, 2/BOD, 3/BOD (FreshPrinceOfRB)

Initially tried 4/BOD, 2/BOD but that got me 257k and this one got me 258k w/ a squeeze on first activation

Pretty sure JODIsBack meant to say 2/sk2, 2/BOD, 3/BOD. I don't deserve any credit as I used his path otherwise. Happy Holidays everyone!
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cantbreak90 wrote:

You are absolutely correct about how it's supposed to be used. This other way is how DosParkers was using it, which is wrong. If you see any paths that are wrong in this way, please post - even if you don't know the path, mention that you saw it, because I have been keeping a version history of sorts of the OP, and I may be able to go back and at least retrieve the previous path for the song.

The previous path I have for Shooting Star was:
Shooting Star: 3/DOD-ESF, 2/DOD-ESF, 2/ESF, 3/sk2, 3/ (TheAdept)
Mysario  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy ho ho ho to you all! Other paths were already posted for this week's and one for next week's DLC but here's the missing ingredient for all you gearing up for bloodstone week with some sugar, spice, and a semi-charmed kind of life (and no it's not Chemical X):

99: 2/sk1-ESF, 3/sk3 (Mysario)

With the powers of Nintendo, Atari, and Sega as my Ferrari, I wrangled up 120,616 with this here path!

Hope you all have a pleasant holiday weekend and a happy new year!
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're Gonna Hear From Me: 4/AB-ES1F EwO (DarthDonkeySH)

This path gives 9,001 more points (over 9000), so much that I should get full credit, sorry hiccan.

(actually no it's just a renotation, and the song's points is optimal anyways)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
ItsUncleCarl  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King of Rock: 2/DT-FRS, 2/RS, 2/AT, 2/AT, 4/AT (DarthDonkeySH) [FRS: 3rd single tap after the 3rd triple tap] *RS hard

It appears this path is possible as the top xbox score is 395,712 by Its RichardB88

My path change previously was wrong as the RS is possible meaning this path can be reinstated

Apologies

Last edited by ItsUncleCarl on Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notation Changes:

This is actually a disc song and belongs in the other thread technically but I'm posting it here since this is where the discussion is:

Uptown Funk: 2/sk1-ESF, 2/ESF*, 3/sk1-ESF, 4/BOD (Roman) *difficult ESF

Posted path has 2/sk1-1p-ESF for the first activation. The window is in the middle of an ESF phrase before the phrase you actually perform the ESF (which I assume is the means for the "1p"?) However, it's a redundant notation and can cause confusion. 2/sk1-ESF is an accurate notation.

These actually should have 1p, they are missing from the posted notations, to avoid a miss by not singing a needed phrase in anticipation of an ESF:

Flight of Icarus: 2/sk2-ESF, 2/1p-ESF (Iggy-Sparks)

Rebellion (Ft. Daron Malakian): 2/DOD-ESF, 2/BOD, 2/1P-ESF (haoestrelalp)

Word Up!: 2/1p-ESF, 3/ESF (Benjaxlax5)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JODIsBack wrote:
Music Is Worth Living For: 2/sk2-1p-ESF, 2/sk1, 2/sk2-1p-ESF, 2/sk1 (FreshPrinceOfRB)

The 1p on both acts can be omitted from the path I feel this is what cantbreak was getting at of being mis-used

After 2 windows the ESF is next phrase not with a phrase in the middle
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItsUncleCarl wrote:
JODIsBack wrote:

The 1p on both acts can be omitted from the path I feel this is what cantbreak was getting at of being mis-used

After 2 windows the ESF is next phrase not with a phrase in the middle
No, the path is correct as written. After the 2nd skipped window, there is a phrase with the lyrics "So I guess we showed 'em all" that is sung in full before the following phrase "So much to lose (window) walking right out the door" in which you activate. The 1p is to tell you to start singing the beginning of the "So I guess we showed 'em all" phrase, without the 1p you might think it was the squeeze phrase and not sing it, only to find there's no window there and you'd miss the phrase and have to start the song over.
ItsUncleCarl  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
No, the path is correct as written. After the 2nd skipped window, there is a phrase with the lyrics "So I guess we showed 'em all" that is sung in full before the following phrase "So much to lose (window) walking right out the door" in which you activate. The 1p is to tell you to start singing the beginning of the "So I guess we showed 'em all" phrase, without the 1p you might think it was the squeeze phrase and not sing it, only to find there's no window there and you'd miss the phrase and have to start the song over.

Ahh okay it threw me at first because I saw the bar line and just knew its next window, I assumed any 1-p would be a full phrase without any acts before it rather than having a window before the phrase. I'm sure there are other paths like this which is why I'm a bit muddled :D

On a side note, confirming grey path:

Get Your Rock On: 2/, 2/sk1, 4/sk2 (Nickismo)
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And The Cradle Will Rock...: 3/sk1-ESF, 2/1p-ESF, 2/ (qghost)

(Renotation)

For the second activation, there is a full phrase between the point where you get OD and the chorus. The ESP is an ESF and generally IMO isn't too hard if you freestyle an "E" (concert musical notation). The score should be a 177,876 optimal unless the last activation could get additional points via. a very lucky clip.

I'm Still Standing: 3/BOD, 2/sk6-ES2F, 2/DOD-ESF (shakamuda)

Renotation. However, I'm led to believe that an ES3P (there's two sets of "hey hey" lines if you choose to ES2F) MIGHT be a better activation. In a few attempts, I got around ~75-80% for the ESP in a few attempts that I've done it. The next phrase is an OD which AFAIK you should not pick up. Can someone else verify this?

I'm Still Standing: 3/BOD, 2/sk6-ES3P, 2/DOD-ESF (shakamuda, elcanadiano)
Jadiou  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music Is Worth Living For: 2/sk2-1p-ESF, 2/sk1, 2/, 2/sk1 (FreshPrinceOfRB/Jadiou)

Switching the third activation to 2/ yields ~200 more points than the previous one with the ESF.
eldersham  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happened to look in today and notice the spotlight path is wrong silly willies, does explain a few things though

Music Is Worth Living For: 2/sk2-1p-ESF, 2/sk1-AS, 2/, 2/sk1

it's like 200 more than the path suggested here, i had it way before looking in here but assign credit however idc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 147 of 209

Jump to: