FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dconrad23  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3AM: 2/, 2/sk2-ESF, 2/sk3-2p-ESF
Same path, just fixing the notation.
DosParkers  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dconrad23 wrote:

just an FYI
the notation on 3rd act should be
sk2-2p-ESF
or
sk3-1p-ESF
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DosParkers wrote:
dconrad23 wrote:

just an FYI
the notation on 3rd act should be
sk2-2p-ESF
or
sk3-1p-ESF

dconrad23 is right here. There's three windows followed by two full phrases that need to be skipped here, so the last activation should indeed be 2/sk3-2p-ESF.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the corrections. It came from my discord, I might have typo'd.

Edit: I didn't typo but I hadn't ran it. I have now and the corrections above by dconrad are correct.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garden: 2/sk1-FRS, 2/(sk1)-ESF, 4/ (SakuraSylph/ItsUncleCarl) [FRS: On phrase bar line]

Gets an extra 1.1k or so as 3 full phrases under OD

Skip 1 in brackets as its a very short window so you could annotate it as 2/ESF and it would be clear to ESF phrase after pickup but as you still have to skip a window I added it but can be removed just fine
eldersham  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dconrad23 wrote:

Confirming the path improves 2k+ and the notation fix.

As a PSA, don't trust all my paths are optimal. Some of them are from back when I was a rookie and terrible, especially at end squeezing (like, Push Push (Lady Lightning can probably get more after the taps for instance). Some of them (like 3 AM) I didn't actually path the song just noticed in the course of playing it that something else other than current post is obviously better and then the path ends up getting posted, etc., etc.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DosParkers wrote:
s2 Skip 2 activation windows.
p1 Skip 1 phrase and then activate.
p2w2 Skip 2 phrases then 2 windows
s1p2w2 Skip 1 window then 2 phrases then 2 windows.
This is horribly overcomplicated. Why are you using "s" for skipping a window in one place, and then "w" for the same thing in other places? Why would you skip 1 window, 2 phrases, and then 2 windows, when you could just say skip 3 windows? This is why all paths have been based on skipping windows, there's less of them, so the paths are shorter and easier to read. That's why we only count phrases when it's not possible to count windows. The point is to count as few things as possible. It's like you're trying to create new notations just for the sake of being different, but all it does is confuse and make it harder to read.

If you want to convert your paths to the traditional notation and post them here, you're welcome to. Please don't post paths in alternate notations or links to other pages with software to download, it just makes everything take longer and my job of updating the thread much harder. I know you are skilled at pathing, but it's gotten so that I cant trust the paths you post because I dont know how theyre interpreted.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See You: 3/DOD-ESF, 2/sk6-ESF (BaronRob/RJUCPU)

Original path of 2/ on the second activation gets 3 full phrases with no squeeze. Changing to 2/sk6-ESF gives the same 3 full phrases and a decent squeeze at the end.

Gave me first by 668 over what was a capped score with the previous path. (May also be capped, I only ran it once so not sure how much more, if any, is there.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
DosParkers wrote:
s2 Skip 2 activation windows.
p1 Skip 1 phrase and then activate.
p2w2 Skip 2 phrases then 2 windows
s1p2w2 Skip 1 window then 2 phrases then 2 windows.
This is horribly overcomplicated. Why are you using "s" for skipping a window in one place, and then "w" for the same thing in other places? Why would you skip 1 window, 2 phrases, and then 2 windows, when you could just say skip 3 windows? This is why all paths have been based on skipping windows, there's less of them, so the paths are shorter and easier to read

There is once instance where Parkers style could help which is for songs that have multiple skips during a phrase that all need to be ESF's but you don't know what phrases you should sing or skip, doesn't dream genie have that?

I only bring it up because if a song has for example: 2/sk6-ESF
And then proceeds to have 1 gap in the first phrase, 1 in the second and then 4 windows in the 3rd so you have to ESF 3 windows in that 3rd phrase, you may have already started singing and so it's ruined a run.

There are some flaws with the current system (and with Parker's), for the current system a lot of the problems could mainly be avoided by having a note attached, that's why I generally try to add notes to FRS songs to at least give people a good idea where the FRS may be.

Perhaps it's worth adding a note for songs with many windows before an ESF saying [Start ESF from window 3] or something to that degree, but that's at the discretion of the path author as there isn't really a rule on notes for paths

Anyway just my 2cents
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItsUncleCarl wrote:
There is once instance where Parkers style could help which is for songs that have multiple skips during a phrase that all need to be ESF's but you don't know what phrases you should sing or skip, doesn't dream genie have that?

I only bring it up because if a song has for example: 2/sk6-ESF
And then proceeds to have 1 gap in the first phrase, 1 in the second and then 4 windows in the 3rd so you have to ESF 3 windows in that 3rd phrase, you may have already started singing and so it's ruined a run.

There are some flaws with the current system (and with Parker's), for the current system a lot of the problems could mainly be avoided by having a note attached, that's why I generally try to add notes to FRS songs to at least give people a good idea where the FRS may be.

Perhaps it's worth adding a note for songs with many windows before an ESF saying [Start ESF from window 3] or something to that degree, but that's at the discretion of the path author as there isn't really a rule on notes for paths

Anyway just my 2cents
If I'm picturing what you're describing correctly then that just would be 2/sk2-ES3F then, to indicate you skip the first 2 windows in the first two phrases, and then in the third phrase the ES3 tells you "End Squeeze, skip 3 windows first". So it would read "pick up 2 od phrases, skip 3 windows, then in the following phrase, don't start singing until after 3 windows in the phrase". If there were another full phrase in between that second phrase and the last one with the 4 windows in it (that itself didnt have any windows in the middle), then it would be 2/sk2-1p-ES3F. That's about as complicated as it gets. In my head when I'm singing I read that as "2, skip 2, 1 phrase, end squeeze 3 full".

I've found where to start ESFs pretty subjective..depending on your skill it can vary quite a bit. What I wish we had a better way of writing is where to activate for FRS's. Some are just a sliver, some are a chunk, and some are like 24 beats. It's pretty frustrating when you're 5 minutes into a song and have no idea where the FRS goes and you have to start over to find it. I really wish Harmonix had overdrive in practice.

Last edited by singemfrc on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
ItsUncleCarl  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
If I'm picturing what you're describing correctly then that just would be 2/sk2-ES3F then, to indicate you skip the first 2 windows in the first two phrases, and then in the third phrase the ES3 tells you "End Squeeze, skip 3 windows first". So it would read "pick up 2 od phrases, skip 3 windows, then in the following phrase, don't start singing until after 3 windows in the phrase". If there were another full phrase in between that second phrase and the last one with the 4 windows in it (that itself didnt have any windows in the middle), then it would be 2/sk2-1p-ES3F. That's about as complicated as it gets. In my head when I'm singing I read that as "2, skip 2, 1 phrase, end squeeze 3 full".

That makes sense I think I followed a path with my scenario but without that notation in the path so it confused me, but I forgot there is the ES#F term. I'll have to double check it and correct if I remember the song.
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking Emoji: 2/, 2/sk1 (FreshPrinceOfRB)

Both should have end squeezes but it's entirely possible this can be improved

Let's Just Dance: 3/DOD-ESF, 4/BOD (FreshPrinceOfRB)

Seems like the most intuitive path, not a lot of windows in this one. But I could be wrong!

Save Yourself: 3/, 3/, 2/sk2 (FreshPrinceOfRB)

squeezes on first 2 acts but first act doesn't pick up 3 full phrases

Love That Hurts: 2/sk2-ESF, 3/sk2-ESF, 2/sk2-ESF, 2/sk2-ESF (FreshPrinceOfRB)

This one has the most likely chance of being improvable
ItsUncleCarl  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JODIsBack wrote:
Save Yourself: 3/, 3/, 2/sk2 (FreshPrinceOfRB)

Just a note 2nd act could be noted with AS
Mysario  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope everyone is enjoying their post-Halloween pre-Thanksgiving weeks! Gotta let yo tummies settle from all the candy and prepared for all that delicious cranberry sauce. Free Rivals week is out so tell all your friends about the 4 hot new free Rivals tracks that are sweeping the nation like this big ticket name:

Thinking Emoji: 4/ (Mysario)

Wait, isn't the path already posted above this one? [insert thinking emoji here] My previous best with the other path was 127,500ish (I already forgot) while this one got me at least I whopping 128,340! Wow, almost 1000 more points! Oh Magnolia!

I can confirm that the other three paths look about right, but obviously someone can correct me too (Love That Hurts has lots of windows after all). I hope every American voted, keep Flavourtown great as always!
ItsUncleCarl  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRS detail:

Everything Zen: 3/BOD, 2/sk1-FRS, 2/, 2/sk1-ESF (Iggy-Sparks) [FRS when words hit left side of OD bar]

(Potential path alteration)
1st act: 3/sk3-ESF

I couldn't get the act to clip but I only tried it twice so if someone wishes to try it then maybe extra few hundred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 144 of 209

Jump to: