FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAdept  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godzilla 2/sk2-ES 2/sk5 2/

The ES on the first activation is the only "difference" from the original path other than a new number of skips in the second activation (you still activate at the same spot)
TheyAreNext-Uw3  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem I could see with direct recycling of GD:RB import paths is the talkies. While there aren't many of them at times depending on placements and such they could change the paths. Plus the fact that the GDRB path thread didn't account for talkies at all, so even if the path stayed the same, you'd have to change notations to skip the talkies.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang i forgot all about the talkies not scored in GD:RB

Get your Portable ID!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it hasn't already been said in previous posts we need some kind of new notation for activating during tambos. i've run into a few occasions already where activating at the end of a tambo section (where there wasn't an activation before) yields a better path. i imagine that now there could be some reverse squeezes involved with activating during a tambo section. best of luck to everyone posting paths here, there's a lot of work ahead for you.
perhaps DT to denote activating during taps at the end and DT-RS to denote a reverse squeeze that requires you to activate earlier than the end of the tapping section.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucasPWNS8907 wrote:
if it hasn't already been said in previous posts we need some kind of new notation for activating during tambos. i've run into a few occasions already where activating at the end of a tambo section (where there wasn't an activation before) yields a better path. i imagine that now there could be some reverse squeezes involved with activating during a tambo section. best of luck to everyone posting paths here, there's a lot of work ahead for you.
perhaps DT to denote activating during taps at the end and DT-RS to denote a reverse squeeze that requires you to activate earlier than the end of the tapping section.
If it's for a reverse squeeze I think its sufficient just to notate it as FRS, as the point you have to activate is always the same (as late as you can without picking up od) and if that is in taps, it's in taps.

If on the other hand there is a path where you just need to activate during taps because there is no better place, I think DT# would be proper, with # being replaced by the tap number that you activate before.
Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how exactly is RB3 vox different than RB2 vox? Why can't we use the same paths?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
MWcw709  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerfoot32 wrote:
So how exactly is RB3 vox different than RB2 vox? Why can't we use the same paths?

In RB2 you couldn't activate in the middle of phrases and During taps on RB3 you can activate pretty much any where a ribbon shows up thus some of the older paths from Rockband 2 are going to have different paths now but some will stay the same. It's hard to tell which are going to stay the same and which one are going to need new paths.

Get your Portable ID!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
If it's for a reverse squeeze I think its sufficient just to notate it as FRS, as the point you have to activate is always the same (as late as you can without picking up od) and if that is in taps, it's in taps.

If on the other hand there is a path where you just need to activate during taps because there is no better place, I think DT# would be proper, with # being replaced by the tap number that you activate before.

i think for the reverse squeezes it may be more beneficial to note the % complete of the tambos instead of trying to count them out

since taps give no individual points in real time (you only get the combined score at the end of the taps section) activating ON the taps is literally useless unless you're reverse squeezing. what i'm saying is to activate at the end of the tapping section as if it were a normal window. flathead proves to be a good example. there's a tap section that immediately goes into really quick phrases. there formerly was no activation there and you actually had to burn the last OD on the set of taps at the end. but if you activate during the taps you can catch the (now useless) OD at the end.
the path if you would like to try it was something outrageous like
Flathead 5/ 6/DT
i'm not sure in this particular example if this yielded a higher overall score but it's a good example of potential for activating in taps.
EDIT:confirmed. this path gives a higher score than the optimal in rb2 and has to be optimal for rb3 as there are no other paths that seem logical
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
Xlax545  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kill- 2/sk1, 3/EwO

(Benjaxlax5)
Xlax545  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i miss you- 3/, 2/, 2/ (Benjaxlax5)
the second actvation==> im not sure if it can be activate because is a very short opportunity, if that path is impossible, the correct path is==> 3/,2/sk1FRS,2/ (Benjaxlax5)
MWcw709  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek stink breath: 3/, 2/

Brain Stew/Jaded: 2/, 3/, 3/

Warning: 3/sk1, 2/, 2/ i was 76ptns off the leader so i'm pretty sure this is the path

Song of the century: 3/ lol still no change

Know your enemy: 2/sk1, 2/, 2/, 2/ no change

Viva La Gloria: 2/BOD, 3/, 4/

Get your Portable ID!
Aleril  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subdivisions: 2/ 4/
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Will Not Bow

2/2/2bod (In RB2 the first activation was 2sk1, but with 2 in RB3 you will be able to squeeze out points).

My YouTube Channel
MWcw709  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare A7X: 2/ES, 3/, 3/, 2/

Get your Portable ID!
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucasPWNS8907 wrote:
since taps give no individual points in real time (you only get the combined score at the end of the taps section) activating ON the taps is literally useless unless you're reverse squeezing. what i'm saying is to activate at the end of the tapping section as if it were a normal window. flathead proves to be a good example. there's a tap section that immediately goes into really quick phrases. there formerly was no activation there and you actually had to burn the last OD on the set of taps at the end. but if you activate during the taps you can catch the (now useless) OD at the end.
the path if you would like to try it was something outrageous like
Flathead 5/ 6/DT
i'm not sure in this particular example if this yielded a higher overall score but it's a good example of potential for activating in taps.
EDIT:confirmed. this path gives a higher score than the optimal in rb2 and has to be optimal for rb3 as there are no other paths that seem logical
Oh I didnt realize you got no points for it in RB3..I remember in RB2 I think you got 50 instead of 25, but even still there was only like 1 or 2 songs out of 1500 that used od in taps.

The only problem I see with doing DT-% is that in some songs with huge tap sections, you can hit 7 or 8 taps without the % changing. I think we just need to do DT and then add a note explaining where to activate, kinda like an FRS (well it is an FRS anyway)

Last edited by singemfrc on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 3 of 209

Jump to: