FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
XxResonance wrote:
Viva La Gloria! 2/BOD, 3/, 4/ (wesker-kun)

I noticed this path wasn't on the list or maybe it's there I just couldn't find it

For many songs, RB2 and RB3/RB4 will have different paths. This is the case for Viva La Gloria aswell. 2/BOD, 3/, 4/ will be the path for RB2, while 4/sk1, 4/ will be the RB3(I think?) and RB4 path. There's many reasons but the main reason is mostly the windows in between phrases as introduced in Beatles RB
You are entirely correct.

Someone ( i sincerely dont know who) may have confused "viva la vida" with "viva la gloria!"

If you are to follow 4sk1, 4, you still gather 2 more OD bars after it. The song has 1 single mid-phrase OD, and although it doesnt seem very relevant, im gonna Rin some tests on it. But still, the best path so far Is still:

Viva La Gloria!: 2/BOD, 3/, 4/ (wesker-kun)

EDIT: TESTED. Theres only 1 mid-phrase OD window but it's not well placed in order to change the path.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Don't Leave Me: 2/ 2/sk2-ESF 3/sk1-ES1F 2/sk2 (Iggy-Sparks)

Path correction.

Sober: 2/BOD, 3/sk1-1p-ESF, 2/ESF (Iggy-Sparks)

Path correction.

Last edited by elcanadiano on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
eldersham  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Ok one last time:

ES - End squeeze immediately following the last overdrive phrase
sk#-ES - End squeeze the phrase that follows the phrase in which the last skipped window occurred
#p-ES - After completing the phrase with the last skipped window, sing completely # number of phrases, and then end squeeze the following phrase
ES# - Skip # number of activation windows in the phrase in which the end squeeze occurrs

If the path is not correct according to this notation, then correct the path so that it is correct according to this notation.

RodrigoTakashi wrote:
Twilight of the Thunder God: 3/sk1-ESF, 2/, 2/ (RodrigoTakashi)

Even this very simple path is not in line with the notation you describe. The phrase in which the squeeze occurs is the one immediately after the 3rd OD phrase so in accordance with the notation this would be 3/ESF.

The original notation was set up counting full phrases, however the #p was added to allow us to count phrases so that the ES# and other notations could now allow for counting activation points instead of phrases. When I was introduced to this site, the notation was described to me rather than me looking to the legend, and I was given the impression sk counted skipping of possible activation points as opposed to phrases, and with this simple example above it seems that many, and most likely a majority, seem to have taken it this way.

Now I can go back and start correcting the paths to fit this, but as you can imagine from the simple example, it's going to be a LOT of them. Aside from not wanting to go through such an undertaking, I've been trying to ask the question not of what the notation means which was clarified the first time, I was asking if that's really what it SHOULD mean. Using the sk#, ES# notations to both revolve around activation points makes the thought process simpler and more unified. It also makes sense considering if you're actually interested in the optimal paths, you're more focused on the bright yellow activation sections making it easier to count those than phrases.
Maybe it started out meaning the other thing, but now that we have the #p notation it might make more sense to switch, especially considering that's the way most of the posted paths are already written. You can move this to a discussion forum somewhere else if you want because I was trying to confirm that's how most people think, but at the same time I didn't want to have this discussion where people wouldn't look.

In summation, if you think this path should be 3/ESF, then OK, but we have to go back and fix a lot of other paths.
If you think it should be 3/sk1-ESF, then OK, but we have to fix the notation descriptions.
Kalykitty  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a consumer of paths and when I see 3/sk1-ESF I look to the bright yellow glowy thing as I sing along and count 1 of those. XD

To me /sk makes sense as skipping x # of possible activation points. I never considered phrases until I started seeing stuff like 3/sk1-1p-ESF.
elcanadiano  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Somebody: 2/BOD, 2/sk2-ESF, 2/sk3-ESF, 2/ (dconrad23)

This is similar to the Save Tonight Issue where you have the following:

Someone like me | third skip | ohhhhhhh | someone like me | activate | ohhh

The first "oh" part isn't a full phrase. I have seen this scenario personally as that if I were to have had to not sing that "oh" part, then likely we would have seen a 2/sk3-ES1F or something like that as another activation would come in, so on my first run I accidentally sung "Someone like me" when I should not have.

I Can't Keep My Eyes Off Of You: 2/BOD, 2/, 2/sk1 (internetguy87)

Path is more or less the same as RB2, there's just a few more windows to skip because RB3/RB4 and it was a BOD anyways.

eldersham wrote:
Even this very simple path is not in line with the notation you describe. The phrase in which the squeeze occurs is the one immediately after the 3rd OD phrase so in accordance with the notation this would be 3/ESF.

The original notation was set up counting full phrases, however the #p was added to allow us to count phrases so that the ES# and other notations could now allow for counting activation points instead of phrases. When I was introduced to this site, the notation was described to me rather than me looking to the legend, and I was given the impression sk counted skipping of possible activation points as opposed to phrases, and with this simple example above it seems that many, and most likely a majority, seem to have taken it this way.

Now I can go back and start correcting the paths to fit this, but as you can imagine from the simple example, it's going to be a LOT of them. Aside from not wanting to go through such an undertaking, I've been trying to ask the question not of what the notation means which was clarified the first time, I was asking if that's really what it SHOULD mean. Using the sk#, ES# notations to both revolve around activation points makes the thought process simpler and more unified. It also makes sense considering if you're actually interested in the optimal paths, you're more focused on the bright yellow activation sections making it easier to count those than phrases.
Maybe it started out meaning the other thing, but now that we have the #p notation it might make more sense to switch, especially considering that's the way most of the posted paths are already written. You can move this to a discussion forum somewhere else if you want because I was trying to confirm that's how most people think, but at the same time I didn't want to have this discussion where people wouldn't look.

In summation, if you think this path should be 3/ESF, then OK, but we have to go back and fix a lot of other paths.
If you think it should be 3/sk1-ESF, then OK, but we have to fix the notation descriptions.

I think Rodrigo's path is fine in this case. The 3/sk1-ESF is:

(phrase with third OD) | sk1 | Blah | activate | Get the rest of these points.

sk#-ES - End squeeze the phrase that follows the phrase in which the last skipped window occurred

When you are arguing about Save Tonight and similar songs, and looking at what singemfrc has been arguing, I do think we can change the #p-ES notation definition to something more like this.

#p-ES - After completing the phrase with the last skipped window, sing # number of complete windows, and then end squeeze the following phrase
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
eldersham  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elcanadiano wrote:
I think Rodrigo's path is fine in this case. The 3/sk1-ESF is:

(phrase with third OD) | sk1 | Blah | activate | Get the rest of these points.

The last skipped window occurs IN (at the beginning of) the phrase 'blah... get the rest of these points', making "the phrase that follows the phrase in which the last skipped window occurred" the one after it, which is too late, so no... no it isn't consistent if that is the description you're using

the squeeze begins IMMEDIATELY after the sk1 occurs, so if you want the path to start 3/sk1-ESF (which i would agree with), you'd need

sk#-ES - End squeeze the phrase in which the last skipped window occurred

elcanadiano wrote:

When you are arguing about Save Tonight and similar songs, and looking at what singemfrc has been arguing, I do think we can change the #p-ES notation definition to something more like this.

#p-ES - After completing the phrase with the last skipped window, sing # number of complete windows, and then end squeeze the following phrase

Under this convention, for instance, the 3rd activation of Janie's Got a Gun becomes 2/sk1-1p-ESF. Does this make sense when trying to do that path (i don't think so)? You're basically putting an implicit (-1) in this notation and I can see no discernable reason for doing so.

IF you were you to describe
sk# means your activation should occur immediately after # windows.
sk#-ES means the end squeeze begins immediately after # activation windows, and the activation point is the following one
sk#x-ES#y means the end squeeze begins immediately after #x activation windows, and the activation point occurs after skipping #y windows within the squeezed phrase
sk#x-#zp-ES means the end squeeze begins after finishing #z phrases after #x activation windows, and the activation point is the following one

then one could always clearly mark both where the squeeze begins and where the activation point is, all paths would have a unique notation, and all notations would always denote the same exact situation
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eldersham wrote:
RodrigoTakashi wrote:
Twilight of the Thunder God: 3/sk1-ESF, 2/, 2/ (RodrigoTakashi)

No, there is a window in between the 3rd od phrase and the beginning of the next phrase.
Granted, 3/ESF would still technically be readable in this example, you'd probably still activate in the right place, but 3/ESF would be the correct notation if you picked up the 3rd OD phrase, and the ES phrase began with no window in between. I played the song, and the way Rodrigo posted it is correct.

Last edited by singemfrc on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 am; edited 3 times in total
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(This is not directed at eldersham, and is not about the notation discussion)

There are a lot of paths on the board that are incorrect, incomplete, or that don't have the best notation. This is not a revelation. If you don't like it, FIX THEM! This thread has always been and will always be a work in progress. Whining about it, insulting the path author, and/or especially insulting the staff member who spends their own time updating the huge database are counterproductive. The following are irrelevant, unhelpful, and can be shoved directly up your ass:

• Personal attacks on the author who attempted to post a path to help you
  • Personal attacks on the person who volunteers their time to update this list for you
  • Commentary about how or why you think the path was written or posted incorrectly
  • Complaints or commentary about this post

I volunteer my time as basically the only staff member on this site and further to maintain this huge list of paths. I do not have time to play each path and test them, and I'm usually updating this thread while I'm working my day job so cut/paste errors can occur. No one has been banned so far, but if this is going to devolve into toxic youtube-comment-like bullshit where I'm getting attacks hurled at me just for trying to maintain this list, then the offenders are going to get banned and I won't be back to maintain the thread and the last active contribution thread will just fall into obsolescence like all the others on the site since no one else ever sticks around for the long run to keep these things going.

If you notice a path that has a problem, just fucking post the correct path. If you see a problem but don't have the correct path, then just politely post that the path is wrong and someone else will correct it or if no one can immediately, I'll change it to red so that someone will.

Last edited by singemfrc on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
haoestrelalp  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is that it has to be easy to understand

That path of Save Tonight the way it was, it was impossible to know where to activate, I was confused, I interpreted in a less confusing way and managed to be at the top of the leaderboard.

Rodrigo's path is simple and it's the way it always was, wanting to change things that have already consolidated will hamper our gameplay.

It has to simplify and not be fighting because it has to be written like this or not and I believe that this is the correct way, simple and objective:

singemfrc wrote:
Ok one last time:

ES - End squeeze immediately following the last overdrive phrase
#p-ES - After completing the phrase with the last skipped window, sing completely # number of phrases, and then end squeeze the following phrase
ES# - Skip # number of activation windows in the phrase in which the end squeeze occurrs
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: haoestrelalp
Kalykitty  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously appreciate what you guys do here and I hope it can continue.

I just oops'd over the 3/sk1-ESF in Pink's Sober-
2/BOD, 3/sk1-ESF, 2/ESF (Iggy-Sparks)

The way I read Paths I filled my bar to 3, skipped an activation gold, and stopped singing expecting the next activation to be in the middle of the next phrase for the ESF.
Oops, there was a complete phrase between - hurry, quick, VIBRATO. ^^;

So to me this makes more sense-
2/BOD, 3/sk1-1p-ESF, 2/ESF

I read it as get to 3, skip a gold activation, sing 1 complete phrase, then do an ESF
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalykitty wrote:
I seriously appreciate what you guys do here and I hope it can continue.

I just oops'd over the 3/sk1-ESF in Pink's Sober-
2/BOD, 3/sk1-ESF, 2/ESF (Iggy-Sparks)

The way I read Paths I filled my bar to 3, skipped an activation gold, and stopped singing expecting the next activation to be in the middle of the next phrase for the ESF.
Oops, there was a complete phrase between - hurry, quick, VIBRATO. ^^;

So to me this makes more sense-
2/BOD, 3/sk1-1p-ESF, 2/ESF

I read it as get to 3, skip a gold activation, sing 1 complete phrase, then do an ESF
Yup, that's exactly why the 1p exists, perfect example. So it should be:

Sober: 2/BOD, 3/sk1-1p-ESF, 2/ESF (Iggy-Sparks)
CorazondeLeon  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

Long(long long long) time reader, first time poster. Apologies if this breaks any rules or is wrong notation etc but thought I'd raise it.

Can Shadow(Bearstronaut) be shortened from 3/sk4-ESF, 3/ATsk2-ESF to 3/sk4-ESF, 3/DOD-ESF as the overdrive activation seems to be in the middle of an OD phrase and it removes any additional counting required?

Shadow: 3/sk4-ESF, 3/DOD-ESF (CorazondeLeon)

Also just wanna thank all the dudes who keep the threads updated with paths - you've added literally thousands of hours of gameplay to my Rock Band experience since 2007 and I really appreciate that.
eldersham  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Rock Band 4 & Rock Band 3 DLC/Import Vocal Paths Reply with quote

Thanks for editing the legend. In the interest of making the following descriptions accurate to all possible combinations / not leaving them open to multiple interpretations, do these look reasonable?

sk# means rather than activating in the first possible window, you should skip # of activation windows and then activate, unless used in conjunction with ES#

ES means end squeeze - this means that the activation window occurs within a phrase, and the less of the phrase you sing before the activation, the more points you get under overdrive

#p-ES means that after picking up the last overdrive or skipping the last activation window, there are # full phrases (and potentially a partial phrase) to sing before the phrase where the end squeeze occurs. For example, 2/sk1-3p-ES means to pick up 2 overdrive phrases and skip the first activation window that comes up. (If this window occurs within a phrase, complete the phrase.) Then sing the next three complete phrases, and then end squeeze the following phrase.
Storm360  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not great at pathing so this is probably wrong, but here's a song from this weeks DLC (please feel free to give me tips on how to improve!)

Run: 3/sk1 3/sk1 3/sk1 3/(Storm360)
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: IMC PSN Name: Storm-Iz-SiK
cantbreak90  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Way You Used to Do: 3/sk1, 3/sk1, 2/(or 2/sk3) (cantbreak90)

Score is capped at 195,156 I believe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 119 of 209

Jump to: