FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Rock Band 4 Vocal Paths (On Disc, DLC, All Others) Reply with quote

This thread is for ALL songs playable in RB4 - On-Disc, DLC, Imports, everything!

Not every path may be fully optimal, this is the best path that has been posted here so far.

If you're the first to post a path feel free but if you're posting a replacement to an already posted path, please try to back it up with at least a score; picture/video is even better but not required.

Paths in grey were confirmed for RB2 but have not yet been tested on the RB3 engine.
Paths in red have been tested to be less than optimal, please improve them!
Paths credited to (The Spreadsheet) were on a spreadsheet submitted by KyleDaCrusher and LucasPWNS8907!

NOTE: TO SUBMIT A PATH:
Please use the following format: Song: 2/, 3/sk1, 4/AT-sk1-FRS, EwO (Username)
  • Song title in bold.
  • Use Forward Slash after number, use hyphen to separate actions within the same activation, use comma and space to separate activations.
  • Use the same capitalization that is found in the key. For example, "sk" should always be lower case while "AT" should always be all caps and EwO should be mixed as shown. I know this seems trivial, but it saves time and makes the paths easier to read.
  • After the path, leave one space and put the name(s) of the users to be credited in parenthesis. Whatever is or is not in parenthesis is what will be used. Yes, that means if you forget to put it on your path, your work will go uncredited until the next update (if you resubmit).
  • Notes that should be posted with the path (Such as ES percentage, "difficult AS", etc. go on the same line as the path. Notes that do not get posted (Such as "beat other guy's score", "adding AB notation", etc.) go on a line below the path.
  • If you're posting a path to a song that already has a path waiting to be added, you need to say something like "better than (otherperson)'s path" or "(otherperson) got 100k I got 102k" so we know you bested that path, otherwise we don't know that you even notice that the other path was posted, and his path may be better than yours - in which case we want to leave the other person's path.

It's just taking too long to read the whole post to pick out the paths and then interpret and retype everything to update the OP. Following the above rules will allow me to pick the paths out quickly and save lots of time when updating, which will mean more frequent updates, and more importantly, less errors. If you're unsure about something, check the current paths for an example. All should be the same.

TO VIEW THE PATHS, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE GOOGLE SHEET!

New paths should continue to be posted in this thread, and will be updated into the above sheet.

Last edited by singemfrc on Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:03 pm; edited 262 times in total
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimEbaysball wrote:
You might wanna go ahead and take the songs off that don't have Vocal parts such as YYZ
Good point, I completely forgot about that. I just took out the packs that werent in it and copied the song list.

Removed Caprici Di Diablo, Lenny, Master/Slave, Rude Mood, Satch Boogie, Surfing With The Alien, Testify (DLC), and YYZ. Let me know if I missed any.
Xlax545  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, you need specify the band of some songs.

for example: Monster
lady gaga, the automatic and skillet.

This forum is a great idea.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xlax545 wrote:

Knew that, but didn't have a consolidated source for a list of those. The only one I remembered was Testify, and one of the Testifys doesnt have vox so it doesnt matter. Thanks for that one.
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Xlax545 wrote:

Knew that, but didn't have a consolidated source for a list of those. The only one I remembered was Testify, and one of the Testifys doesnt have vox so it doesnt matter. Thanks for that one.

Besides the three "Monster" there's also 2 DLC Burn (Rob Zombie, NIN), two Alive (Pearl Jam, POD) and two Can't Let Go (Lucinda Williams, Death of the Cool). Might be one or two more, besides the many if you had included RBN
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Besides the three "Monster" there's also 2 DLC Burn (Rob Zombie, NIN), two Alive (Pearl Jam, POD) and two Can't Let Go (Lucinda Williams, Death of the Cool). Might be one or two more, besides the many if you had included RBN
Nope RBN has a seperate thread (and should, cause this would really get messy) but thanks for those!
rastabot1  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleed America: 4/, 3/

Pain: AI

Creep(STP): 3/, 2/sk2, 2/, 3/

MWcw709  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there going to be a path page that includes the Harmonies vocal parts as well when rb3 is released???

Get your Portable ID!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWcw709 wrote:
is there going to be a path page that includes the Harmonies vocal parts as well when rb3 is released???
Not sure yet..probably will need a seperate thread. I assume old DLC songs (most, with some recent exceptions that they planned ahead for) wont have harmonies..but as time goes on its gonna be a lot, and the paths are more complex, so I'm sure a new thread will be necessary.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
I should have said this a long time ago, but I'll say it now at the last minute.

I STRONGLY, VERY VERY STRONGLY, believe that vocal pathing should be shifted to the same system as drum pathing, only counting the number of windows skipped. It would make paths much easier to remember, easier to learn for those that don't understand it already, and congruent with the other "skip howevermany" path system we have going with drums.

Please, let's think about this before we start compiling too many RB3 paths.

lol i personally would rather remember "3 OD's, activate at the next window" than "skip 9 windows...."
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
SakuraSylph  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:
I should have said this a long time ago, but I'll say it now at the last minute.

I STRONGLY, VERY VERY STRONGLY, believe that vocal pathing should be shifted to the same system as drum pathing, only counting the number of windows skipped. It would make paths much easier to remember, easier to learn for those that don't understand it already, and congruent with the other "skip howevermany" path system we have going with drums.

lol i personally would rather remember "3 OD's, activate at the next window" than "skip 9 windows...."

Heh, I personally concur with ProfessorJoe - vox OD system is good as-is. If you think about it, vox activation windows usually come up more frequently in a song than drum windows do. A 4/ could easily turn into something like a sk17 if counting windows only. I think that could be harder to follow.
niq24601  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the notation going to have to change, since now you can have freestyle sections in the middle of the phrase if the gap between notes is above 800 msec? Not to mention places where harmonists can activate if there's no 2nd or 3rd harmony...

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
HyadesD4  

Location: A long-ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niq24601 wrote:
Isn't the notation going to have to change, since now you can have freestyle sections in the middle of the phrase if the gap between notes is above 800 msec? Not to mention places where harmonists can activate if there's no 2nd or 3rd harmony...

This is a good point. Beatles paths always confused me because I wasn't sure which windows to skip on songs where this happened. Also, I think this list would look better and would be easier to read/maintain if the songs were organized by source.

MasterNobody wrote:
And somebody make D4 a banner! ^^^ He's an awesome guy and doesn't afraid of anything.
rastabot1  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
SakuraSylph wrote:
ProffessorJoe wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

Heh, I personally concur with ProfessorJoe - vox OD system is good as-is. If you think about it, vox activation windows usually come up more frequently in a song than drum windows do. A 4/ could easily turn into something like a sk17 if counting windows only. I think that could be harder to follow.

Well, I think my proposal is based more on having to remember an entire path. I personally would remember something like 3, 0, 13, 12, 4 better than I would remember 2/sk3, 2/, 4/sk2, 3/sk3-AS, 3/ or something like that, ya know?
But of course, us vocalists are all typically lazy asses and just look at the paths while we sing, or pause the game to look at the next activation. So if you just need to memorize one or two activations at a time I guess the old system is good, but my way might be better for remembering long paths...just putting it out there.

How is 3, 0, 13, 12, 4 easier to remember 2/sk3, 2/, 4/sk2, 3/sk3_AS, 3/? you have to count every window in the song, that is just ridiculous. Now that you can activate mid phrase there are even more windows, My path for CrossTown Traffic is 2/sk3, 3/sk7-ES, if you would to use your method of pathing the last activation would be like, 16-ES, why would I want to remember all those windows? some windows are so far spread apart trying to remember which window you are on out of 13 would be a bitch. Would you rather count 8 windows than activate or as soon as you get 4 OD's, activate, there is no point in counting all the windows when you don't have to. There is so many reasons why the method for pathing now is superior. NOTHING needs to be changed about the vox pathing system.

HyadesD4 wrote:
niq24601 wrote:

This is a good point. Beatles paths always confused me because I wasn't sure which windows to skip on songs where this happened. Also, I think this list would look better and would be easier to read/maintain if the songs were organized by source.

We already have a name for this, it is called an End Squeeze, you can find tons of info on it in the Beatles path thread

PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so rarely play the drums due being lousy at them that I have absolutely no clue how the pathing notation works. I imagine this suggestion would be similar me wondering into the Drums sub-forum and suggesting that they change their entire notation system to be more like Vocals. Presumably, I'd be told to fuck off?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as the saying goes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 1 of 209

Jump to: