FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Content Deleted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:

Also what about disco beats like in Red Barchetta where instead of a snare it goes from a closed to an open hi-hat? Are they going to keep it on one cymbal, since thats how its played, or will they go from one cymbal to another to represent the open hi-hat?

Blue is still open high hat on pro mode, even in disco flip (just watched Smoke on the Water pro in ESL3 stream and it has a disco beat with open high hats on the blue that looks really awkward on pro mode).

In general, the only difference between pro charts and regular charts is that toms and cymbals are separated, except for disco flip sections, where yellow and red are switched. The actual colors used will always be exactly the same on the pro and regular charts for a song, so if a song's got hi-hat charted to a different pad from usual (like in Siva or ...And Justice For All) it still will be. It's possible that they will switch some charting conventions in the future because of pro mode, but probably not (since the most likely one would be charting open and closed high hat on the same pad, which they're not doing).

I don't know about disco flip songs like Rude Mood or On The Road Again where the red and yellow are unaccented and accented snares instead of high hat and snare, though.
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreplay will be much harder. It has the duh-duh bits played on ride then there is the odd fill on the toms

Iron Maiden songs EASILY.
Disco Beats which involve open hi Hat
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbnasir6 wrote:
Foreplay will be much harder. It has the duh-duh bits played on ride then there is the odd fill on the toms

Iron Maiden songs EASILY.
Disco Beats which involve open hi Hat

I don't really see Foreplay being that much harder. Switching from using a cymbal for the main beat and then using toms for fills isn't really that tough. It's mainly hard when you have to use toms and cymbals as part of the same fill or pattern, so you're going back and forth between them (especially when the same hand has to switch between the two).

Some of Iron Maiden's fills will probably be harder, but a lot of their fills are all toms except for the crash and the main beets tend to be mostly cymbals. I tried playing some Iron Maiden songs in RB2 doing my best to simulate pro mode, and unless I was getting some beats or fills horribly wrong, most of it's not too different. The thing I found trickiest was the quick blue-blue-green hits in the Powerslave chorus, because I have trouble doing that with just my right hand and hitting the blue (or green) cymbal with my left hand is weird because it's so far away. It's possible I was playing the songs wrong, though, I'll find out when I try them on pro.

Disco beats in general are going to feel very different, but I don't think ones with open high hats are going to change too radically. If the sticking is natural on regular, it'll still be natural on pro, and the distance from the yellow cymbal to the blue cymbal isn't really much bigger than the distance from the red pad to the blue pad. I actually think high hats on blue will add more difficulty for normal beats, since the distance from yellow cymbal to blue cymbal is much bigger than the distance from yellow pad to blue pad.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe Prequel To The Sequel might be a little harder, at least during the odd fills.
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
n00biOwnu81  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is rb2 importable to rb3?

All FCs from the album in one picture_________All FCs from the album in one picture_________2nd person to ever FC All of them___________
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: n00biOwnu81
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n00biOwnu81 wrote:
So is rb2 importable to rb3?

Yes. $10, all consoles, list of exporting song hasn't been announced yet but apparently it's not quite all of them

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32323
MarsPhoenix  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billion Dollar Babies (Live) will be pretty nifty, I bet.
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panic Attack isn't going to be that hard. Just played it for the first time in weeks using cymbals (In RB2), and my drum set is "realistic". My Hi Hat is correctly, to make things kind-of harder, my Ride to the right of my Crash, so my Cymbals go YGB, instead of RB where its YBG

And I have a 13" Snare, and 3 12" Toms, so its not like an RB2 stock where everything is close together, and I got 360k

Which more trys I could probably GS it, Constant Motion on the other hand...
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xepher850 wrote:
I imagine Limelight OV will be rather different.

I remember Gremoogles FC'ing a few weeks back when he first got cymbals.
Vildiil  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Science Genius Girl is very interesting on pro drums. I started playing some old DLC, the two songs I've had the most fun on with pro have been Wont get Fooled again and The Perfect Drug.
Olphius  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does RB3 pro mode actually use the high hat pedal in the track, or not?
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olphius wrote:
So does RB3 pro mode actually use the high hat pedal in the track, or not?

It does not. Open hi-hat is still blue.
Abaddon  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else playing Pro Mode on a stock kit (RB2+RB2 cymbals) and finding disco beats really, really awful to play? Anyone have any hints how to make the experience slightly less awful, that don't involve building a stand, buying Ions, or an e-kit?

I've been playing "pro mode" for a long time and for the most part the transition has been very easy. Disco beats are crapping all over me due to the unfortunate reversal of disco flip.
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbnasir6 wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:
I imagine Limelight OV will be rather different.

I remember Gremoogles FC'ing a few weeks back when he first got cymbals.

1. That was RB2
2. He didn't FC

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: