FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB4 FGFC on vocals!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: RB4 FGFC on vocals! Reply with quote

It's been awhile.

Here is the obligatory announcement about fc'ing rb4 vocals. I took my time through various real life work (life is really busy now) but got all the songs fc'ed.

My thoughts:

This is definitely the weakest setlist in all the rockbands. I usually like the Harmonix band songs, but those songs were absolutely horrid for vocals (Birth in Reverse, Recession, Cold Clear Light). I could never figure out what key the singer was singing in for a couple songs, and it seems the charting is not helpful. It also doesn't help that I do not like U2. At all...

The hardest song is Cold Clear Light by far. I did more retries in that song than all the other songs combined (plus it started a fight with my wife because she also hated the song and didn't want to hear it anymore). It seems that the charting is slightly off on her already offkey pitch, making it a guess for quite a few phrases exactly what rb4 wants you to sing. I probably could have fc'ed this a lot quicker if practice mode still existed. Oh well, it reminded me of rb1 days.

As for the engine itself, it is extremely unforgiving for people in my range (bass). If I tried to switch octaves midsong the arrow would waver all over the place. There were times that I was absolutely positive that I was on pitch only to have it snap in place halfway through the phrase.

While that wasn't enough to deny my the fc, I'm afraid it's enough not to make me continue voxtar. There's way to much concentration to be had doing multi instruments to see what's going on with the engine itself and mess with that. I'll probably throw some scores on, but double fc's will have to wait until rock band 5

Previously on my accomplishments.....

Totals so far:

443 voxtar fc's

421 voxbass fc's

59 voxkey fc's

19 pro voxkey fc's

Last edited by twistedoak on Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:21 pm; edited 27 times in total
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff!
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way easier than rb2?

I was hoping they'd amp up the difficulty, ala Beatles, again.

Nice job on the FGFC tho You have a patient friend, haha.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeltonath wrote:
Way easier than rb2?

I was hoping they'd amp up the difficulty, ala Beatles, again.

Nice job on the FGFC tho You have a patient friend, haha.

Haha, pretty much all of this. They really need to make the engine tighter, if it's really way easier than RB2 I'll probably go ahead and shift my main vocal stuff to GH:WoR xP.
Anywho, congrats

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, what took you so long

Go get a RB3 FGFC banner lol
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Oak <3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD

Good job Oaksters and good luck on the multitasking!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that took long lol, nice work

IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's so easy that means I can get straight to the pathing and squeezing

Nice job Oak, you took care of this rather quickly!
Unknownsoul  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three words:

Nice job!
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your opinion on the setlist, now that you've heard every song?

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so many replies... Thank you all for your interest!

Shadowolf: thanks!

skeltonath: yeah, I first had troubles with the engine, I started with Bohemian rhapsody lol. Going to the first 70ish songs, I found it incredibly easy. There were some phrases I know I would have missed in rb2 or rb1, but thanks to vibrato (fills pie quicker) and being in the general area still gave me the awesome. Thanks and yes my friend was very patient with me (he's actually an old student lol)

masternobody: Engine is very loose and very forgiving. I would expect those who are used to and are good at vocals to have the fgfc very soon. Bohemian rhapsody and good vibrations are the only two that might keep people from the fgfc I don't know if I'd go as far as going over to GH

bclare: lol, thanks! I'm going to save my banner stuff for multi tasking though, I have a feeling lots of people are going to have this soon...

RJ: Thanks RJ! I still want to fc your streams, just waiting for the next one!

sokushi: Thanks, and I'm looking forward to and sort of not looking forward to over 1500 songs to do and redo in the rb3 engine.

Fury: Thanks! It's easy, trust me, lots of sightread fc's.

indestructibleSD: pathing and squeezing is going to be even more important I'm sure in rb3. I didn't path at all, and there are tons more points in each song to get (most had a quarter bar left). There's no iffy talkies and from what I got strange windows to mess things up here. The only glitches I ran into were remedied by backing out and restarting the song.

unknownsoul: LOL, I literally did laugh out loud, thanks!

thewinnerisgeeg: there are some epic songs to be had in the setlist, about 10 I did not enjoy at all. As a vocalist, there were a couple singers (I'm not going to say which band) couldn't stay on pitch. I hate that. Overall, I enjoyed the setlist, and really liked singing in different languages (spanish and german). It added something different to the norm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I guess it's fair that you fgfc'ed the game before it even came out

7:49 sokushi: the Guitarist is a chick
7:49 LEEMcBAM: I like chicks 8)
7:49 IAmTehWalrus: how do you know?
7:49 sokushi: she keeps missing
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, congratulations!

How are the talkies? Is it just a case of saying any old jive or am I going to have to continue to "loud whisper" my way through them?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
rastabot1  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow good job, I got the game early and after playing through many songs I was starting to think "ok maybe I could get a FGFC" and then BAM, I fail out on bohemian rhapsody. Good Job with that one! I don't know if I'll ever get it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: