FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 Score Tracking - no fail default
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: RB3 Score Tracking - no fail default Reply with quote

EDITED to remove difficulty switch, that one looks to be resolved.

EDITED again: No fail is NOT on by default. That information was wrong.

Last edited by blingdomepiece on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
JosJuice  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: RB3 Score Tracking - no fail default, and difficulty swi Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Second question is about difficulty switching. Apparently you can switch difficulty whenever you want during a song. It is unlikely that you could play any configuration of difficulties that would result in a higher score than the Expert score. But are people going to be expected to enter a score under the "highest" difficulty they played during the song? Is the entire concept of entering a score under a difficulty now going to be obsolete?
Doesn't the game remove your score for the current run when you swap difficulty?
View user's profile Send private message PSN Name: JosJuice Wii Friend Code: 5959909536341960
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: RB3 Score Tracking - no fail default, and difficulty swi Reply with quote

JosJuice wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
Second question is about difficulty switching. Apparently you can switch difficulty whenever you want during a song. It is unlikely that you could play any configuration of difficulties that would result in a higher score than the Expert score. But are people going to be expected to enter a score under the "highest" difficulty they played during the song? Is the entire concept of entering a score under a difficulty now going to be obsolete?

Doesn't the game remove your score for the current run when you swap difficulty?

I don't know, does it?

EDIT: Ok, saw the post that says you are warned if you switch difficulty your score won't save. That still might make it possible to fake a proof, but I think you'd be ok for Expert leagues since switched scores probably would be lower.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've removed the difficulty switching section since that seems to be resolved, so now the only question is:

RB3 score-entry for songs with no fail. Ok or not?
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know more generally what's going to happen with score-tracking. Will all instrument combinations be available? Unlikely, since there are way too fucking many. Which ones will be available then?

And what about the ability to play no-part songs in full band with that person just not doing anything? Does that mean it's fair to submit a score for that song as a full band?
diablocon  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be turning into the general RB3 score submission thread, so I have a question:

Will scores for regular keys be accepted if the chart was played on a guitar controller? Several users aren't going to shell out for the new controller and just play keys on their guitars, which is fine, but it doesn't really seem right that pretty much all our first submitted FCes for regular keys songs are most likely going to have been gotten on a guitar rather than a keyboard.

Then again, I guess most serious keys players are going to focus mainly on pro mode and just ignore regular keys (myself included).
zuqu  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question too.

Will "solo" scores you get in a band be accepted as normal solo scores?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuqu wrote:
I have a question too.

From what I understand, there's no difference in the band "solo" scores and true solo scores, so I can't see why not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
zuqu wrote:
I have a question too.

From what I understand, there's no difference in the band "solo" scores and true solo scores, so I can't see why not.

Well, the OD may be different due to other people missing unison phrases and if you fail you can get "revived". Someone made a great post about this in the Rock Band 3 Q&A but I just can't find it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuqu wrote:
inv4der wrote:
zuqu wrote:
I have a question too.

Well, the OD may be different due to other people missing unison phrases and if you fail you can get "revived". Someone made a great post about this in the Rock Band 3 Q&A but I just can't find it.
Well the revival thing doesnt really matter if no fail doesnt, and if the only other difference is that you may lose unisons that you would always get in solo, then that means that solo scores in band mode could only mean lesser scores, not higher, so in my opinion I would say allow it.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the "no fail" default, I'm tempted to say it's fine to use for score-tracking.

I think it would be unreasonable to expect everyone to switch that off in order to submit scores. There are certain situations where it would enable better OD paths if you're unable to pass the song without "no fail" turned on. But since it'll never affect the top of the leaderboards, I think those concerns are minimal compared to trying to enforce an arbitrary line between judging and removing questionable "no fail scores".

diablocon wrote:
Will scores for regular keys be accepted if the chart was played on a guitar controller? Several users aren't going to shell out for the new controller and just play keys on their guitars, which is fine, but it doesn't really seem right that pretty much all our first submitted FCes for regular keys songs are most likely going to have been gotten on a guitar rather than a keyboard.

I see this as no different than using a dual shock controller in the early GH games which is allowed. If it's a game-supported peripheral then I see no reason to disallow score-tracking.

Also to give a heads up on the plans for tonight, rather than delay score-tracking until everything is ready, I'm trying to get solo score-tracking complete and up for all instruments ASAP. It probably won't be done right at midnight, but should be close.

I'll then go back to add other combinations (still not exactly sure which), but I imagine solo scores will be most popular anyway - especially right after launch as everyone begins a new learning curve on pro instruments!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, can't wait.
Graf  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to enter scores tomorrow!

Thank you for all your hard work, JC. Trust me when I say it is appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
zuqu wrote:
inv4der wrote:
zuqu wrote:
I have a question too.

Well the revival thing doesnt really matter if no fail doesnt, and if the only other difference is that you may lose unisons that you would always get in solo, then that means that solo scores in band mode could only mean lesser scores, not higher, so in my opinion I would say allow it.

On some songs you will "override" the next OD phrase but not if you don't get the unison.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: