FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Introducing my latest creation, the Rock Band PT Cruiser

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTJem  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Introducing my latest creation, the Rock Band PT Cruiser Reply with quote

Hey everyone, haven't been here in quite a while but I never gave up my love/insanity for Rock Band.
Check out my latest creation, the self contained PT Cruiser Rock Band rig.
Pictures and some build info is available at my website here
http://herogear.net/HeroGear%20DW/Rock%20Band%20Cruiser.html

And video including some from our local Rock Band bar nights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqM37H5AEWo

Check it out and let me know of any other ideas of how to use this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE YOU

That is awesome, How many hours were put into this?
GTJem  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actual construction time was only about 6 hours total. Planning and design took weeks. The biggest hurdle was if everything would fit without losing any passenger space. Also from last weeks outing it looks like I can run for 3 hours and 45 minutes with all the effects lights running and the hitmaster on 8.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Now go out and find a singer
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Jem! I really love all the lighting effects you've got hooked up for this monster. I can see this thing being a big hit pretty much wherever you park your car. This opens up a whole new world and I hope you have a lot of fun with it.

A couple of modding questions for you (in order of increasing absurdity)

-I know you may be freaky tall, but do the cymbals get in the way of the other (human sized) players and audience?

-Did you think about hooking up the fog output from the stage kit to the exhaust pipe (or even just a mock one) to freak people out?

-What about a tow hitch to pull a band behind you? (maybe this crew)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually looked at adding a fog machine, but it draws a lot of power and I'm trying to maintain a decent run time. The strobe lights up top are battery powered (2 aa's) so they don't pull anything, but the RockGear lights drop my run time by a half hour.

The cymbals aren't too bad, only the blue one is blocking the view for most people. I'm going to redo the mounting stubs for the drums which will lower them another 2 inches, but I will probably take the blue one off as most people don't use them anyway.

The thought had crossed my mind too about playing while moving, maybe a skate wheeled platform for the drummer and everyone else can walk along (would still need a good wireless mic for the PS3)

The two ideas I'm still working/thinking on are:
Building a motorized light show using a string of LED's and lego robotics parts to make a programmable light show.

Some type of stage effects, maybe remotely activated party poppers?

We are expecting a big turnout next week at The Grapevine, and everyone is planning on dressing up, so I hope to shoot some more video.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RB Cruiser will be set up tonight (10/11) at The Grapevine for Rock Band bar nights. For anyone living in Dallas/Ft Worth come on out and join us. The Cruiser will be out front to help draw more people, and Warren Peace will be set up on the back patio with his awesome setup and 800+ songs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: