FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Umloud, SF, Thurs 12/9 (18+) (BIDDING CLOSES 4pm THURS)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niq24601  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Umloud, SF, Thurs 12/9 (18+) (BIDDING CLOSES 4pm THURS) Reply with quote

Just an FYI if anyone wants to bid on the headliner package, bidding closes on Thursday at 4pm PDT. The current winning bid is $585, which is $83/person. When you consider that a 4-piece band doing the Ultimate package is putting up $37.50/person for admission and a single song song, and that's it, the auction a pretty good deal -- with 7 people and two songs, you can swap out who's on which instrument, and then basically all the extras are costing you a few bucks -- way less than you'd pay for food & drinks a la carte.

DNA Lounge is again hosting "Umloud!", the proceeds of which benefit Childs Play. Details here, and also here. Useless trivia: the DNA Lounge is owned by the guy who wrote the Unix version of Netscape 1.0. No, seriously.

Umloud is on a Thursday. Evile is playing there that Saturday, if you're from out of town and want to make a weekend of it.

EDIT: Based on DNA's website, it's 18 to party, 21 to drink. Sorry, whippersnappers! :

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser

Last edited by niq24601 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm helping out a little with this event, and I just want to say it's gonna be even better this year than last year.

Anyone who can come definitely should!! There's going to be tons of great prizes being raffled, plus some really cool stuff for the band packages.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for a reason to head to the DNA Lounge. I'll definitely head up there for this!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Umloud last year and it was twelve kinds of awesome good times. Totally looking forward to the 2010 iteration! [throws horns]

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Seg, the co-founder of Ümloud!

Yes, we're doing it again this year! We'll have a few changes, but nothing drastic. It's still Ümloud!, but more!

For anyone new, Ümloud! is a Child's Play Community Fundraiser for the San Francisco bay area. We focus on the performance of Rock Band as our main entertainment. It's not a competition and we don't care about scores. We want you to rock out!

What happens at Ümloud!
Rock happens.

You can be a band which performs on a major San Francisco concert stage. Yes it's playing Rock Band 3. If you're doing it right, people won't notice you're playing with plastic instruments; You're performing a rock concert!

For attending, you get to see over 25 bands perform the best charity rock show in the world! Where else can you see Ironheade and Lego Rock Band perform? We'll also have free-play stage for everyone to play, a raffle of fabulous prizes, a silent auction for some really special items, and much more!

What's the Rock Band setup like?
Everything playable/importable in Rock Band 3 is up for play. Pro guitars are off the table for the main stage. Again, it's about the show, not the technical prowess. Not sure if we'll have them at the free-play stage. Keyboard, pro drums, and harmony vocal will be on both stages.

The main stage will require being in an Ultimate or Headliner band. These are groups to donate for the package. In a week or so more details will be released, but if you're familiar with last year's Ultimate band package, it's largely unchanged. Rock Band 3 with the full lighting, sound, and concert performance support. We're also adding something very special and new this year: "Headliner Band". Up for auction before Ultimate packages go on sale.

The free-play stage in a separate room at DNA Lounge. Anyone attending can come up and play Rock Band 3.

Where can I buy tickets/packages?!
Info on band packages will be up in a week or so. If you're thinking about setting up a band, start getting your group together. When we publish info, you'll be ready.

For everyone else, tickets on sale now at DNA's site for $10. If you're planning on being a band, hold off as being in a band includes a ticket in. Unlike last year, door charge will be required.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The Seg
niq24601  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anamanfan wrote:
The main stage will require being in an Ultimate or Headliner band. These are groups to donate for the package. In a week or so more details will be released, but if you're familiar with last year's Ultimate band package, it's largely unchanged. Rock Band 3 with the full lighting, sound, and concert performance support. We're also adding something very special and new this year: "Headliner Band". Up for auction before Ultimate packages go on sale.

Is there any word on pricing for "Ultimate" packages for bands? DNA lists "VIP" service for $295 for up to 6 people, but that could just be their default VIP price and not the Ultimate package...

On that note, me, ajanata, and youhas, (EDIT and Hitoshura) have between 4/4ths and 4/7ths of a band going, if people want to join in and get a package for the main stage whenever those go on sale. Send me a PM if you're interested, and don't worry about what instruments you play; I'm sure we can make it work.

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
smock514  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there! Not sure if we'll be able to match the spectacle* of our Lego performance last year, though -- I haven't even started on my Halloween costume yet.

* Mostly referring to the getups, though the singing was something of a spectacle, too.
Anamanfan  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are planning on either buying a package or being in a band: Please do yourself a favor and sign up to the mailing list at the Ümloud! Website right now. It will be a requirement to be in any band as we're doing a fancy band management tools with the site.

niq24601 wrote:
Is there any word on pricing for "Ultimate" packages for bands? DNA lists "VIP" service for $295 for up to 6 people, but that could just be their default VIP price and not the Ultimate package...

The VIP table service listed on the DNA Lounge site is not a band package, just the table and entry. The band packages we're dealing ourselves. We have band management software developed my Brian and myself, which we need to use Google Checkout for.

To be clear:
* Band Packages: Sold at Umloud.org (and eBay for the Headliner).
* Tickets in the door: DNALounge.com
* If you're listed in a band, you get in for free.

We'll have details out this week, including pricing. Ultimate band price will go up, but not by much. I don't think anyone will be shocked with the pricing.

The headliner band is an auction, so that all depends on who's bidding.

If anyone's going to go for the headliner, select one person who will bid and pay for the package. Everyone else decide what they would contribute to the package. Say everyone's willing to pay up to $100/each. Then the person placing the bid knows they'll bid up to $700 for a 7 member band. We really don't care how you split the cost; That's why we have a band captain as the lead contact. But this way you get to maximize your bidding power.

Ultimate Bands will be on sale sometime after the headliner band auction. That way no one buys an ultimate band as "insurance". I want to get as many people experiencing the Ümloud! experience as possible!

Again, all this info will be up on the site this coming week. Still: Plan your bands now! Especially if you're opting for headliner!

Oh, and you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The Seg
Anamanfan  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been busy this weekend...

Introducing The Headliner Band Package!

We're auctioning off the top stop at Ümloud! It's a package we cooked up that's nothing you ever experienced before. The Headliner band will get the VIP treatment before and during the show. You're part of the marketing campaign for the show with videos and photos of your band. You get a two song set and VIP status at the venue.

I dare you to point to something that comes close to this package!

We also have information on the Ultimate band packages and general questions on bands.
niq24601  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for last-minute bidding on the Headliner package. If an SHer wins the bidding and is looking for bandmates, I'm in :P.

singemfrc wrote:
smock514  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, same. Only 17 minutes left -- I don't have enough time to organize anything of high enough quality to be worthy of bidding on the whole Headliner deal (which, at $585 right now, is almost a bargain), but if anyone needs to fill out roster slots, I can definitely play plastic instruments and act like a fool on stage. :P
Anamanfan  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Headliner band is set, but we'll have the Ultimate Band packages soon.

We're having a few issues so we may not have it ready for about another week or so, but in very early November you'll be able to get a package.

If you're planning on getting a package, do sign up at Ümloud! so you'll know when the package is up for sale!
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niq24601 wrote:
On that note, me, ajanata, and youhas, (EDIT and Hitoshura) have between 4/4ths and 4/7ths of a band going, if people want to join in and get a package for the main stage whenever those go on sale. Send me a PM if you're interested, and don't worry about what instruments you play; I'm sure we can make it work.

I could help out with this. I'm not sure how many bands I'm going to be in this year (ie, I may sign up one on my own) but the more the merrier right?

Keys or vocals, I'm game for either.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a literally-last-moment stab at the Headliner auction - despite not having a formally-gathered band, a projected budget, or anything else resembling a plan of attack - but lost out. (I was the second-highest bidder. Sigh.) Which effectively means that all I did was run up the price for charity. So eh, half a moral victory and all that.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: