FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/7/10 DLC - Snoop Dogg 8-Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several Users wrote
Quote:
Bah, we're hating on you

Ho is censored and removed in Tha Shiznit (at least from the RB gameplay video i saw, anyone let me know if another version of the song exists). So I guess HMX thought it was worse in that song than it was Drop it Like Its Hot.

I believe DLC inst even rated by the ESRB or whatever, I'm sure HMX chooses to censor a little more than they absolutely have to which I think it should be the other way around, censor as little as you absolutely must.

But some of the songs just lose so much of the song's awesomeness/cohesiveness. And what if I'm playing guitar on the songs, I don't want to cringe everytime I hear Snoop Dog say homie when I know it should be NACHO and fool when it should be bitch.

Just like how NACHO is offensive to some people God and the fact that the USA tries to force religion on people is also offensive(I've heard and seen many atheists complain about this). Fortunately, saying the pledge now is mostly optional I belive and if you say NACHO as a racial slur I belive you can get in trouble.

But I mean how ridiculous can you get to censor ho in one song and not in another. That's really stupid, good job HMX.

God, you could have just left the songs the way almost entirely the way they were, censoring FUCK, but you have to go censoring and changing literally 50-100 words.

And btw, most of the time I'm talking about Tha Shiznit (it's a song most/all of what i say should apply to), I haven't had a chance to throughly screen every song.

And I would rather not reveal my ethnicity on the internet.

I'm done, please insert your arguements now.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
come on they teach children the word NACHOS in school

What schools are you attending? You make it sound like a teacher writes it out on the chalkboard in big bold letters and makes their second graders pronounce it phonetically before spelling it out in cursive.

If it actually comes up in a classroom, it's entirely contextual; its function in classrooms (at the K-12 level anyway) is to educate people on its abusive properties in the hopes that the students won't go out and use it themselves. You're not supposed to feel good for learning its meaning and history; you aren't gonna go skipping home to mommy after school and saying to her, "guess what I learned in school today!"
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
CyberRaiza wrote:
come on they teach children the word NACHOS in school

What schools are you attending? You make it sound like a teacher writes it out on the chalkboard in big bold letters and makes their second graders pronounce it phonetically before spelling it out in cursive language.

If it actually comes up in a classroom, it's entirely contextual; its function in classrooms (at the K-12 level anyway) is to educate people on its abusive properties in the hopes that the students won't go out and use it themselves. You're not supposed to feel good for learning its meaning and history; you aren't gonna go skipping home to mommy after school and saying to her, "guess what I learned in school today!"

I'm just stating a fact, just because the majority of human beings mentally and inevitably form preconceptions and get used to hearing combinations of words with at least small amounts of inference doesn't mean that the speaker, me in this case, means it to be that way or is any less correct.

Of course I'm sure most people would say, "OMG YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE" regardless of what i was implying or the lack of implication for any matter. I know it's strictly educational that doesn't mean it's not taught. That doesn't make it any less common knowledge (bad sentence structure?) and therefore not like mentally scarring or anything. The only downside is that it might be possibly offensive, but America does that all the time anyway (as I'm sure other countries do).

jesse0986  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
I'm just stating a fact, just because the majority of human beings mentally and inevitably form preconceptions and get used to hearing combinations of words with at least small amounts of inference doesn't mean that the speaker, me in this case, means it to be that way or is any less correct.

How is it supposed to sound? It's not a term of endearment no matter how badly it's abused.

When women start calling each other by the almighty c-word because they felt empowered by its wanton use in that stupid Eve Ensler play, are you going to defend that too?
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
CyberRaiza wrote:

How is it supposed to sound? It's not a term of endearment no matter how badly it's abused.

When women start calling each other by the almighty c-word because they felt empowered by its wanton use in that stupid Eve Ensler play, are you going to defend that too?

That was talking about how you said I said they teach it in school as if they write it on the board in big letters, etc so i said that.

Hundres of times I've seen black people say "Yo, mu NACHO how ya been?" "Blah, blah, blah" "Awww, you're such a fuckin NACHO" And both of them proceed to laugh. "Brotha, I love you, you're my NACHO" Stuff like that.

jesse0986  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So have I. Heck, I attended public schools in Milwaukee, one of the most racially segregated cities in the country--I probably couldn't switch classes without hearing it once or twice just walking down the hall.

But language isn't arbitrary and it can't be deconstructed as easily as a generation of black youths would have you believe. Certain words still carry, and will continue to carry, a ton of baggage with them. I mean, I can see where people could contend that "fuck" and "shit" don't deserve to be censored, because neither of those words in their basic forms are inherently disparaging (not that I'd agree with them, but that's another issue). But I do believe that some words simply cannot be reclaimed or saved, or, at the very least, can only be saved after many, many, many generations have passed (I'm talking hundreds of years here). The almighty c- and n-words are examples (probably the best two examples in the English language) of such words.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bit in the OP that made me happy, but nobody else has commented on: The Nebraska Sailing Authority song from RBN is up for scoretracking. Fan-feckin'-tastic. It's still one of only two songs I've bought on there.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
viper565  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.

Um.

Anyways.

I like this pack. Prolly gonna pick up the rest when I get more points but I'm definitely not disappointed.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
CyberRaiza wrote:

when?

plenty of my female friends already do that. And it bugs me.

on-topic, I'm quite glad they recorded some guitar on top of these tracks. Random solos are fun in rap songs.
iammax  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear RBN Megamix is back up. Can somebody confirm?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iammax wrote:
I hear RBN Megamix is back up. Can somebody confirm?

Only the existing one is in the XBL marketplace, and it's been there since last week. >__>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of pretty awesome songs in this pack. I already have That's Tha Homie, and it has a pretty sick beat. I might get Ridin' In My Chevy once i get more points.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
DJPlace  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: werid... Reply with quote

it's not on the music store for wii? has anyone else have that problem?
MasterAce  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These remakes are surprisingly good. My complaints about them not being the original tracks can go eff themselves (except for Drop It Like It's Hot, in that case the original is MUCH better).

I kinda wish they would've saved Sensual Seduction for Rock Band 3, keyboard would be perfect on that song.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Perfidious Sinn Wii Friend Code: 7718621967747715
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suprised nobody's mentioned the PS3 issue with "Drop It Like It's Hot" in this thread yet. If you download it, the file is much larger, and then the song "Nirvana" by Juliana Hatfield shows up on your song list, but if you try to play it, it says it can't find the song data. The pack hasn't been released yet on PS3 so we will find out in a week or two if the song is still glitched.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: