FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
GU Framingham, MA SAT 11/06/10 Rock Band 3 Tournament 1pm!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: GU Framingham, MA SAT 11/06/10 Rock Band 3 Tournament 1pm! Reply with quote

Framingham, MA SAT 11/06/10 Rock Band 3 Tournament 1pm!

Where: Game Universe 1251 Worcester Rd Framingham, MA 01701

When: 11/06/10 1pm

Age Limit: All Ages!

System: XBOX 360. All band members must play HARD or EXPERT (there is a chance we will be able to do PRO mode too... but we have to see how the game scores it)

Instruments: Full Band Tournament IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS ESPECIALLY DRUMS, KEYS AND GUITARS.

Admission Fee: $10 per person ($50 per band)

Tournament Format: Our Usual Tournament format. Bands will be put into a list and each band will pick a song and play it against the band below them. You will play a total of 6 songs (3 you picked 3 another band picked). The top 4 Bands with the most matches won will move into a 4 band final where each band will pick a song and all 4 bands will play it.

Prizes: CASH Store Takes 20% Venue Fee out of main pot Prizes 50% of Entrance Fees 1st Place 30% 2nd Place 20% 3rd Place We have TONS of video games for all systems for sale so there will be plenty to pick from if you win!

II: Contact Information

Phone Number: 508 283-1503

E-mail Address: Please Call or message on Myspace

Please bring your own instruments!!!! This is HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! (almost required)

You are allowed to play in 2 bands as long as at least one person in that band wasn't in another band. This will ensure single people won't miss out and will make for a bigger prize pool!

I decided for this tournament to only do songs that are on the Rock Band 3 Disc and DLC that comes out after the launch of RB3.

You can play in more than 1 band. This makes it so no one will be left out.

You also can not pick any song twice.

If bands are tied there is a 1 song playoff.

PLEASE TRY TO BRING YOUR OWN SINGER! and INSTRUMENTS!

There was a severe lack of singers at the last tournament.

If you don't have enough people, plan on bringing extra money to pay for someone else to sing in your band if you plan on meeting up with someone. Someone that's nice enough to fill a hole in your band that is already in a band shouldn't have to pay to play in both bands....

You may look up star power (overdrive) paths before the match starts but you are not allowed to have a sheet out in front of you during the match.

Current tentative rule is...

5 player bands must consist of 1 vocalist, 1 Guitar, 1 Bass, 1 Drums, 1 Keyboards.... however we are still figuring out how the scoring works. (it looks like we may have to go with 4 players)

As of right now we will only be doing 1 vocal track... however it may be fun to do multiple singers and make you sing and play but I'm not sure if that's something we should do...

We will likely have some fun side battles for Keys, Pro Guitar or Drums so prepare to have some fun doing that.

Last edited by GameUniverse on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there are going to be over a thousand songs with no keyboards whatsoever, and the bands this time around are 5-person, wouldn't that mean we can really only do RB3 songs? Can 4-person bands sign up? What if a 4-person band goes up against a 5-person band? My head is swimming with questions. Regardless, I'm up for this one.

Also I think you accidentally an extra thread.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it...

Good Questions... still working on rules.
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I can bring keys (and a guitar but I'm sure there are plenty of those). Is this all regular mode only? Or would pro keys / drums be allowed?

Anyway I'd love to go, but I live in Boston and don't have a car so my attendance is much more likely if someone can give me a ride.

also
GameUniverse wrote:

There was a severe lack of EVERYTHING last tournament lol
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:

GameUniverse wrote:

Except total pwnage.

I can't make this one sadly as I'll still be in school, hope everyone has a great time! And good freakin luck figuring how to run it with the weird RB3 full band scoring <_<

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
bclare wrote:

GameUniverse wrote:

Except total pwnage.

I can't make this one sadly as I'll still be in school, hope everyone has a great time! And good freakin luck figuring how to run it with the weird RB3 full band scoring <_<

Hm. In case anything about full band scoring is unclear by that time, we should definitely be able to do some testing.
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm actually free on that date. Go figure. I'll see how my schedule pans out and whether I can gather some troops.
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:
I think I'm actually free on that date. Go figure. I'll see how my schedule pans out and whether I can gather some troops.

I should add that for anyone who is interested, I am an available troop
Icemage  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 5-member band thing seriously needs to be culled back to 4 members. You can't play 5 plastic instruments, and having 4 instruments means all singers score 0 (because of All-Instruments Mode kicking in).

Someone needs to do their homework before posting these things.
kingyami3  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndestructibleSD wrote:

I CLAIM YOU, YOU ARE MINE

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingyami3SH
TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming I don't get a job that will interfere with this... I'm in for this.

And yeah, the 5 man band rule needs to go. Need to choose one of the five to go since vocals would be rendered useless for tournament play (They'd basically be paying/getting paid to not have to try >_>). The only logical choice imo would be bass, vocals, or keyboard. Keyboard for the obvious lack of songs and bass/vocals since they have the smaller player base. I'm thinking keyboard should stay though since that's such a big aspect of RB3.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest having a standard 4-person band tournament with guitar, bass, drums, and vocals, and then having a side tournament for keyboard. I think that will be the way to go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Might I suggest having a standard 4-person band tournament with guitar, bass, drums, and vocals, and then having a side tournament for keyboard. I think that will be the way to go.

No reason to be so restrictive. Just let people play whatever combination of 4 instruments they want, bearing in mind that added keys/drums/bass/guitar causes you to have 0 points on vocals, and also bearing in mind that the vast majority of songs don't have a chart for keys + guitar + bass. If people really are stupid enough to pick G/V/K on a song without one or more of those tracks, that's their own lookout.
Moomoomoo1  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to come to this, assuming I am not busy. Vocals would probably be the thing I am best at.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope I can get this day off. Depends on B-day parties and if I'm still working at my current job.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: