FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to Voxtar/Voxbass Without a Mic Stand?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: How to Voxtar/Voxbass Without a Mic Stand? Reply with quote

I've recently been going for some Voxtar/Voxbass FC's, but find it nearly impossible to play an entire song with the current mic setup I have (I slide the mic up through my shirt and balance it on the collar, which is annoying and painful). Does anyone have any good Voxtar/Voxbass setups without using a mic stand?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's something you seriously want to do, just go buy a mic stand for like $20
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on the bottom bunk of a bunk bed, and the top bunk is supported through a wide mesh structure which I just thread the mic through so it hangs right at mouth level.

But most people can't do that.
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to hang it from my ceiling fan and voxtar announcer style before I got a mic stnad. I know people who put it on a chair because they voxtar sitting.

As bclare said, they're about 20 bucks from a music store, not that expensive, so if it's something that you are highly interested in, just buy the mic stand. I've found that's the best solution by far.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: How to Voxtar/Voxbass Without a Mic Stand? Reply with quote

augthebomb wrote:
(I slide the mic up through my shirt and balance it on the collar, which is annoying and painful). Does anyone have any good Voxtar/Voxbass setups without using a mic stand?

i put it in the collar of my shirt, but with the chord coming back out of the collar

it balances better than having the chord go through the bottom of your shirt, because the chord helps hold it up

also, you could just use a headset, right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use a tripod and tape it (credits to Duck/Duckzorz for the idea) when I voxtarred.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: elcanadiano Wii Friend Code: 449615517562
marcusfenixrules  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rigged a stand out of my drums. It works quite well.
HyadesD4  

Location: A long-ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a hat lying around, run the mic cable up the back of your neck, under the hat, and keep the mic right in front of your nose. Then wear the hat fairly tight, but with a little wiggle room. A little uncomfortable, but it works if you have nothing better.

MasterNobody wrote:
And somebody make D4 a banner! ^^^ He's an awesome guy and doesn't afraid of anything.
S100Headache  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a makeshift mic stand from the stand from broken RB1 drums and a roll of toilet paper.

Eighth 360 RB3 Completionist.
kcharles  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my mic stand broke, before I could buy a new one I just wrapped it around my music stand's folder holder. It worked, although it was a tad short.
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lucky because I have a side desk where the stairs go up. I just stack about ten games and hey presto, I don't need a mic stand. One would be nice, but this does fine too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I saw a post here about using drum parts to create a Mic Stand, and I thought I'd give it a go.

It's a bit hard to pick out, but it was created using the cymbal grip, which basically holds a cymbal in place on the RB3 Pro Kit, 3 poles from any RB kit, and the bottom thing which holds the kit up. Not bad if I say so my self.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duct tape is your friend. The mic isn't that heavy, so you can just tape it to the celling (if the cable is long enough)...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always take a clip and put the mic through the inside of my shirt and clip the mic on my shirt and there we go...Homemade mic stand
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before my dad got me a mic stand, I duct-taped my mic to a Swiffer mop we never used. Worked pretty well, for the most part, though I needed to hold the mop in between my legs.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: