FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
You know...I don't get it sometimes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrewG  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: You know...I don't get it sometimes. Reply with quote

Honestly, I enjoy the vocals of Rock Band but I don't really understand how exactly they work. I can do the high notes just fun such as the "run...run...runnnnn" section in "Creep" but then my singing (or my microphone) have immense trouble in getting back down to the lower notes. How exactly do you hit those? I find myself singing as "low" as possible but having my arrow being pointed downward towards the notes with a sharp red outline saying "Fuck you, you're failing, your voice sucks, we hate your dog."

I'm currently making my way through Medium vocals by the way. 5 starring everything basically but this is still annoying.
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the red arrow points in the direction of the note in the octave you're currently singing in. If you're singing "as low as possible" and the red arrow is pointing down, that means in you're current octave it wants you to sing lower, but you could actually get the note by singing higher, i.e., in the next octave up. The best way to go about it is just to listen carefully to the singer and try to match pitch in whatever octave is most comfortable for you. Does that help?
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find that the red arrow is all the way at the bottom and pointing slightly upward, you're not even close to the right note. When I'm trying to learn a note of a song(or remember a note of a song), I pick a note that I think is notably lower than the proper one and then raise it slowly until the arrow lands on the bar. So, it sounds kind of like, "aaaaaahhhhhhhhh" with a slow vocal raise. I'm not sure if this the best way to go about it, but it's helped a lot through my Vocal travels.

Then there's the usual: Listen to the songs you're trying to sing, try and start singing before the phrase starts to line it up, sing like you're trying to get the person across the room to hear what you're saying(this usually pulls your voice up just a hair and helps you stick right in the lines), etc.

Hope any part of that is helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: