FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Microphone Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Microphone Problem Reply with quote

Ok, so my microphone doesn't register sound very well anymore. It makes a weird static noise and doesn't pick up my voice. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, is there a way to fix it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you have a bad contact in the wiring somewhere. If you're good with electronics you can strip it and re-solder the bad wires/contacts. chances are you'd be better off buying a new one unless you solder things all the time.

you can first try using another microphone from a friend to make sure its the microphone and not something else.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
Cam101  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my old RB1 mic did this I just taped the wire to the mic so that the cord would stop causing the static noise. I'd try to push the connection from the wire and the mic together, tape it, and it might fix it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sounds like a looses/stripped wire.

If you feel comfortable, tear it down and re-solder or tape it up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: el b0bb0 PSN Name: el_bobbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: