FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Advice from Expert RB Drummer plz?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Advice from Expert RB Drummer plz? Reply with quote

So I'm working on the drums, I've moved into hard and can hold my own on just about everything, the only thing that really starts to trip me up is RttH. And my problem seems to be that i'm starting with the wrong hand or something, like during quick hits, and then pad changes, i'm using the wrong hand when i need to pad change or something, etc...is lefty flip the thing to do or just practice? I'll explain better if I'm confusing.

Also, I wanted to ask about the pedal. I'm separating my hands and foot slowly, getting fairly good, but a major trip-up for me is alternating pad and bass hits, or off-beat bass hits. Ya know?

So if I'm confusing, I'll restate things, otherwise, advice??

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RttH is ALL rlrlrlrlrl (if you're a righty not using lefty flip). Just keep the beat steady. And yes, it's fast. Not sure what else to say

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nod, rtth is just totally sloppy for me.
Every song Ive beaten on hard sightread but Dont fear the reaper and rtth, and repear I got 2nd try.

Off beat bass I seem to be ok. I dunno, in my head I dont consider it "off beat". what is "off beat"? its part of the song? and were beating drums, its all on beat, just a bit faster for a moment.
What trips me up is the long series of alternating ones like snare, bass, snare, bass, snare, bass. If i count 1,2,1,2 i seem to do better.
mcpryon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
Nod, rtth is just totally sloppy for me.
Every song Ive beaten on hard sightread but Dont fear the reaper and rtth, and repear I got 2nd try.

Off beat bass I seem to be ok. I dunno, in my head I dont consider it "off beat". what is "off beat"? its part of the song? and were beating drums, its all on beat, just a bit faster for a moment.
What trips me up is the long series of alternating ones like snare, bass, snare, bass, snare, bass. If i count 1,2,1,2 i seem to do better.

Basically you consider the measure to have 4 beats, like when you count, 1, 2, 3, 4. But if the drum is played between the beat counts it's off-beat, like when you're counting 1, and, 2, and, 3, and, 4 and are hitting on the 'and' between the beats.

I agree, though, when hearing the term off-beat I want to instinctively think it's the same as off-key.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: McPryon PSN Name: McPryon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: