FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Using the wiki for song-specific techniques
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mischlings  

Location: The state of Confusion (aka Michigan (Ann Arbor, if you want to get specific))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with putting all of them on the song page is that it'd add a lot of clutter that probably isn't necessary to the page. For example, take Caprici Di Diablo -- imagine the clutter that you'd have if that entire song on guitar was put on the main page (you'd need pretty much the entire song to be fretted out for it), so keeping them on separate pages seems to be the best idea, unless someone can convince me why it shouldn't be.

My YouTube account

Playing:
Rock Band 2
Pokemon Diamond (Friend Code: 2622 6465 1998)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
A million Super Mario World Rom Hacks
BobDole  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this; I've just been kind of busy recently and as you can probably understand, contributing to this isn't exactly first on my list of what to do with free time. I definitely plan to get working on this soon, starting with the Don't Tell Me You Love Me solo method since it's one of the more complex/weirder methods that I know.

I am in full agreement with the separate pages idea, so long as the pages are linked on the main song page (maybe under a section called "Technique Help" or something similar). That way the page is still a one-stop shop for the song...I mean you have to click links for the paths too after all. I do think that we need to agree on a standardized format that we all use so that the Wiki looks uniform.

I also should mention that I have my contribution points now, so I am totally free to edit the pages myself. For some reason I got 6 instead of 5, but I really don't care to investigate why; I'm just happy that I have the necessary "5 or more."

Finally it might seem a little too obvious to mention but we are on the Rock Band side...anybody planning to do this stuff for Guitar Hero songs as well? I was thinking after I add a few Rock Band sections from songs I've done recently, I might go to the early games and systematically write in methods for parts that I've hit (which would include the majority of hard/tricky sections, since I can hit most of the non-super ridiculous sections).

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for Guitar Hero, all we need to do is copy the links in the Guides Wiki page.

EDIT: I got schoolwork and all, but I can try to at least start. But we still need to agree on how we're going to order it.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
qirex  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mischlings wrote:
I actually have the ability to edit the song pages -- there was something you could do a while back (don't know if you still can) that involved filling out a form and there was a chance that you'd be accepted, without having to go through the thing with contribution points. I have no idea how to find it or if it's still going, however.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner -- the link is http://www.scorehero.com/wiki_request.php and the process is described at http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93961

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mischlings wrote:
The only problem with putting all of them on the song page is that it'd add a lot of clutter that probably isn't necessary to the page. For example, take Caprici Di Diablo -- imagine the clutter that you'd have if that entire song on guitar was put on the main page (you'd need pretty much the entire song to be fretted out for it), so keeping them on separate pages seems to be the best idea, unless someone can convince me why it shouldn't be.

It could be a combination of both. In many cases, a specific chart might only have "that one" tricky part. Putting it on the specific instrument/difficulty "chart" page might make sense in that case.

For songs that require multiple, detailed breakdowns, a separate page with lots of HTML anchors and direct links to certain sections might be more appropriate, and would definitely look cleaner.

I don't think there's any real right or wrong... and if something starts out as "a few things on the main page" there's no reason it can't outgrow its existing format and be reworked as its own page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: