FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/3/10 DLC - 8 Singles! Blondie, dc Talk, Eels, KMFDM & more
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: 8/3/10 DLC - 8 Singles! Blondie, dc Talk, Eels, KMFDM & Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 (Aug. 3):

• Rapture by Blondie
    Chart previews:

• Jesus Freak by dc Talk
    Chart previews:

• The Perfect Crime # 2 by The Decemberists
    Chart previews:

• I Only Want You by Eagles of Death Metal +
    Chart previews:

• Saturday Morning by Eels +
    Chart previews:

• Love Addict by Family Force 5
    Chart previews:

• Sturm & Drang by KMFDM
    Chart previews:

• Bulletproof by La Roux +
    Chart previews:

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Aug. 4)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:
  • Midnight Ride by Midnight Riders (80 MSP)
    Chart previews:

• Tongue Twister Typo by Blackmarket (80 MSP)
    Chart previews:

• Goth Girls by MC Frontalot (160 MSP)
    Chart previews:

Existing songs now available for PS3:
  • Elements by Texas in July ($0.99)
    Chart previews:

• Crushed Beyond Dust by Skeletonwitch ($1.99)
    Chart previews:

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with a are available for PlayStation 3. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
HookersAndPie  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is now 1 PM EST, and the new DLC still isn't showing up on the in-game store, nor the 360 Rock Band Music Store application.

Same for anyone else?
bobaramer  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HookersAndPie wrote:
It is now 1 PM EST, and the new DLC still isn't showing up on the in-game store, nor the 360 Rock Band Music Store application.

Same for anyone else?

Yeah I'm not getting anything.

Also, Earthquake would've been better than Luv Addict.
Instruments: All of them on Expert
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's showing up in the Rock Band 2 DLC section of the xbox live dashboard, but not in-game and idk about the music store application. either way I'm downloading stuff now.
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, how are Jesus Freak and Love Addict not LEGO-friendly? That's pretty crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Played through this week on guitar...

Rapture is... oh god. Normally I like songs with the funk-style chord strummy stuff, but this was just so repetitive. It had a great (if simple) solo at the end, but this song dragged on so long, I was surprised to look it up and see it was only 5-6 minutes long, as I was certain it was closer to 7-8. On a better note, Blondie rapping is just amazing. FC'd on sightread.

The Perfect Crime #2 is kind of repetitive, kind of fun. The random rhythmless strumming in the bridge caught me off guard but I somehow managed to hit it SR and FC the song.

I Only Want You is really... bad to play. I hate to say this because I LOVE the Eagles of Death Metal, but there are really so many more interesting songs they could have picked. I like the song itself, but playing it just makes you thankful it's short. It's got a few little licks and soloish bits near the end to pick it up, but really there's not a ton of enjoyment in this chart.

Love Addict is a song that, well, I really shouldn't like. It's just a stupid electro-metal-rap song but... god damn it's catchy, and I guess I just enjoy it as a guilty pleasure. The chart isn't particularly noteworthy for any reason, but it's not bad at all.

Sturm & Drang is a great industrial song, imo. I can't compare it to the RBN tracks because I don't own those, but this has a great (albeit chordy) main riff. There's some synthy stuff going in the verses that you play, including some fast strumming (hit both strummy bits on SR so don't worry about speed). Bass and drums sound fun compared to the guitar so I'd say this is going to be a decent song overall.

Bulletproof was a really pleasant surprise. Hopo-filled verses and chordy sections that use interesting hopo-chord transitions and interesting strumming rhythms keep this track enjoyable all the way through. I wouldn't disagree with the tier 5 rating.

Haven't bought Saturday Morning or Jesus Freak. Waiting for charts on those.

Overall, this seems like a week of RB3 Reject songs. Nearly all of them have noticable or prominent key parts, and some (such as the decemberists tune) have harmonies that could have been implemented well. Odd to see them show up now as opposed to later, but oh well, I still enjoyed this week.
uSound  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
On a better note, Blondie rapping is just amazing. FC'd on sightread.

QFT.

For Rapture's drums, it's just a huge slow disco beat with breaks every measure or so, easy FC for someone consistent, I missed like 3 times.

Jesus Freak was fun on drums, but nothing special really.

Bulletproof on drums was sort of like a easy version of Science Genius Girl, "skittle beats" but fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Addict and Bulletproof are very fun on Vox, not hard, but very fun.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uSound wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
On a better note, Blondie rapping is just amazing. FC'd on sightread.

QFT.

For Rapture's drums, it's just a huge slow disco beat with breaks every measure or so, easy FC for someone consistent, I missed like 3 times.

Jesus Freak was fun on drums, but nothing special really.

Bulletproof on drums was sort of like a easy version of Science Genius Girl, "skittle beats" but fun.

I found Bulletproof drums to be harder than Science Genius Girl, oddly enough. SGG at least had a consistent RLRL sticking. Bulletproof was slow enough that you can double stroke stuff easily, but it has kind of awkward patterns.
Kafka  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the perfect crime on guitar and bass... neither are really hard. I missed a sight read FC on guitar just because of the random strumming. On bass I think i got the first FC on sight read. I know this isnt very impressive but i love the Decemberist so it means something to me damn it.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kafka wrote:
I played the perfect crime on guitar and bass... neither are really hard. I missed a sight read FC on guitar just because of the random strumming. On bass I think i got the first FC on sight read. I know this isnt very impressive but i love the Decemberist so it means something to me damn it.

thats all that matters then.

this week actually looks pretty good

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
fmadmonk  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Okay. Played through this week on guitar...

Rapture is... oh god. Normally I like songs with the funk-style chord strummy stuff, but this was just so repetitive. It had a great (if simple) solo at the end, but this song dragged on so long, I was surprised to look it up and see it was only 5-6 minutes long, as I was certain it was closer to 7-8. On a better note, Blondie rapping is just amazing. FC'd on sightread.

The Perfect Crime #2 is kind of repetitive, kind of fun. The random rhythmless strumming in the bridge caught me off guard but I somehow managed to hit it SR and FC the song.

I Only Want You is really... bad to play. I hate to say this because I LOVE the Eagles of Death Metal, but there are really so many more interesting songs they could have picked. I like the song itself, but playing it just makes you thankful it's short. It's got a few little licks and soloish bits near the end to pick it up, but really there's not a ton of enjoyment in this chart.

Love Addict is a song that, well, I really shouldn't like. It's just a stupid electro-metal-rap song but... god damn it's catchy, and I guess I just enjoy it as a guilty pleasure. The chart isn't particularly noteworthy for any reason, but it's not bad at all.

Sturm & Drang is a great industrial song, imo. I can't compare it to the RBN tracks because I don't own those, but this has a great (albeit chordy) main riff. There's some synthy stuff going in the verses that you play, including some fast strumming (hit both strummy bits on SR so don't worry about speed). Bass and drums sound fun compared to the guitar so I'd say this is going to be a decent song overall.

Bulletproof was a really pleasant surprise. Hopo-filled verses and chordy sections that use interesting hopo-chord transitions and interesting strumming rhythms keep this track enjoyable all the way through. I wouldn't disagree with the tier 5 rating.

Haven't bought Saturday Morning or Jesus Freak. Waiting for charts on those.

Overall, this seems like a week of RB3 Reject songs. Nearly all of them have noticable or prominent key parts, and some (such as the decemberists tune) have harmonies that could have been implemented well. Odd to see them show up now as opposed to later, but oh well, I still enjoyed this week.

Thank you for this review. I always enjoy seeing some initial impressions before I look up videos (which may or may not exist the first day). And as a guitarist primarily, yours was exactly what I was looking for.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking up Blondie, not the rest. Shocked to see it at 47mb's.

Hopefully we got Atomic next.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se7en082 wrote:
Picking up Blondie, not the rest. Shocked to see it at 47mb's.

Hopefully we got Atomic next.

Hopefully it makes its way to RBN, then PS3 RBN at a decent price.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue Twister Typo And Goth Girls Are both available for PS3 but weren't added for scoretracking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: