FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
080710 Game Underground Rock Band Full Band Tournament MASS!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: 080710 Game Underground Rock Band Full Band Tournament MASS! Reply with quote

Framingham, MA SAT 05/02/09 Rock Band 2 Tournament 1pm!

Where: Game Universe 1251 Worcester Rd Framingham, MA 01701

When: 08/07/10 1pm

Age Limit: All Ages!

System: XBOX 360. All band members must play HARD or EXPERT

Instruments: Full Band Tournament IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BRING YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS ESPECIALLY DRUMS AND GUITARS.

Admission Fee: $10 per person ($40 per band)

Tournament Format: Our Usual Tournament format. Bands will be put into a list and each band will pick a song and play it against the band below them. You will play a total of 6 songs (3 you picked 3 another band picked). The top 4 Bands with the most matches won will move into a 4 band final where each band will pick a song and all 4 bands will play it.

Prizes: CASH Store Takes 20% Venue Fee out of main pot Prizes 50% of Entrance Fees 1st Place 30% 2nd Place 20% 3rd Place We have TONS of video games for all systems for sale so there will be plenty to pick from if you win!

II: Contact Information

Phone Number: 508 283-1503

E-mail Address: Please Call or message on Myspace

Please bring your own instruments!!!! This is HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! (almost required)

You are allowed to play in 2 bands as long as at least one person in that band wasn't in another band. This will ensure single people won't miss out and will make for a bigger prize pool!

EVERY SINGLE SONG THAT HAS EVER COME OUT THAT IS AVAILABLE TO PLAY IN ROCK BAND 2 is fair game. EVERY Rock Band 2 Song, EVERY Rock Band 1 song that is transferable, and EVERY DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT SONG! Except songs with no vocals. We MAY NOT HAVE ALL SONGS AVAILABLE... We have a ton though.

You can play in more than 1 band. This makes it so no one will be left out.

You also can not pick any song twice.

If bands are tied there is a 1 song playoff.

PLEASE TRY TO BRING YOUR OWN SINGER! and INSTRUMENTS!

There was a severe lack of singers at the last tournament.

If you don't have enough people, plan on bringing extra money to pay for someone else to sing in your band if you plan on meeting up with someone. Someone that's nice enough to fill a hole in your band that is already in a band shouldn't have to pay to play in both bands....

You may look up star power (overdrive) paths before the match starts but you are not allowed to have a sheet out in front of you during the match.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: 080710 Game Underground Rock Band Full Band Tournament M Reply with quote

Aw hells yeah. Hope we can make it.

GameUniverse wrote:
Except songs with no vocals.

You should change this to say "Except songs missing parts." Believe it or not, there are songs on the market that are missing guitar, bass, and drums too.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
eddaket  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 080710 Game Underground Rock Band Full Band Tournament M Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:

GameUniverse wrote:

You should change this to say "Except songs missing parts." Believe it or not, there are songs on the market that are missing guitar, bass, and drums too.

But i wants to play Dawn Patrol!

Anyone wanna be in my band? I'll play... anything.
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 080710 Game Underground Rock Band Full Band Tournament M Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
GanonMetroid wrote:

GameUniverse wrote:

But i wants to play Dawn Patrol!

Anyone wanna be in my band? I'll play... anything.

I could maybe do this
Cam101  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost 100% sure that I'm going.
I'll be up for playing anything needed (preferably drums or vox).
I'm a bit rusty at guitar, but still pretty good.
Should be a lot of fun!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can almost definitely make it too, I could play guitar/bass for a band. My vox/drums aren't really at a competitive level.

I can has accomp thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xXgaara72Xx
eddaket  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing ideas out there, but...

Cam101: Vox
Gaara72: Guitar/Bass
bclare: Guitar/Bass
eddaket: Drums

or

bclare: Vox
eddaket: Guitar/Bass
Cam101: Drums
Gaara72  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:

or

Either way sounds good to me because....my...abilities...are so diverse!

I can has accomp thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xXgaara72Xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:

or

I'm willing to be an alternate for anything.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:

or

I think I'm definitely the worst guitarist in this group, so my first thought is the best setup might be me on vox, then whichever one of you is best can do drums. However, I'm not a primary vocalist and if there's a song I don't know then I might totally suck, so if Cam101 is more proficient at that then it could be better with me on bass.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be coming with my usual gang of new-pro ERBiC (who has been honing his skills in the drum league this year), along with perennial awesome-o's Brumm009 and HyadesD4.
We won this thing twice, remember?

I might also be interested in joining another band, maybe a SH-super-band I could bring my pathing skills to. If anyone needs/wants a 4th hit me up!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
eddaket wrote:

or

I'm willing to be an alternate for anything.

According to Brock in IRC, neither him nor his (Cam) will be there because their sister is getting married (women...) so I guess you're in if you wanna be. Although it's probably best if Cam or Brock posts it here, just to be sure.
Cam101  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah my bad eddaket, I completely forgot about the wedding I'm going to that day. Bummer Hopefully we could get a band together for the next tournament. Have fun everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess that means I'm a free agent or Adrenaline is going to be looking for one.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
So I guess that means I'm a free agent or Adrenaline is going to be looking for one.

MasterNobody wrote:
I might also be interested in joining another band, maybe a SH-super-band I could bring my pathing skills to. If anyone needs/wants a 4th hit me up!

Either way, I could be up for that. I consider myself a great vocalist but Adrenaline already has Tobias who I assume would be taking vox. I could certainly play bass, I'm not exactly a fantastic bassist but I do have some pretty sweet FCs such as Mordecai and WaHNtHaC, and I'm in the top 40 (last I checked) on the RB2 bass leaderboard.
Just letting you know what I have to offer, I dunno what you need/are looking for but thought I'd throw my resumé out there for you, Ganon, or for anyone else that might like to play with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: