FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/6/10 DLC - Creedence Clearwater Revival 12-pack!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: 7/6/10 DLC - Creedence Clearwater Revival 12-pack! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 (July 6):

• Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Chart previews: Full Band

• Born on the Bayou by Creedence Clearwater Revival

• Down on the Corner by Creedence Clearwater Revival

• Fortunate Son (Original Version) by Creedence Clearwater Revival

• Green River by Creedence Clearwater Revival

• I Heard It Through the Grapevine by Creedence Clearwater Revival

• Lookin' Out My Back Door by Creedence Clearwater Revival

• Proud Mary by Creedence Clearwater Revival

• Run Through the Jungle by Creedence Clearwater Revival

• Travelin' Band by Creedence Clearwater Revival

• Up Around the Bend by Creedence Clearwater Revival

• Who'll Stop the Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system July 7)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track
$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points) for Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack 01
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:
  • Nightlife Commando by Bang Camaro (160 MSP)
    Chart previews:

• Elements by Texas in July (80 MSP)
    Chart previews:

• Stand for Something by Skindred (80 MSP)
    Chart previews:

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:
  • Hard to See by Five Finger Death Punch (160 MSP)
    Chart previews:

Existing songs now available for PS3:
  • Battles and Brotherhood by 3 Inches of Blood ($1.99) *
    Chart previews:

• Henchmen Ride by Testament ($1.99) *
    Chart previews:

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with a * are available for PlayStation 3. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by JCirri on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

instabuy for me. I love CCR and this is more or less a best of CD album

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

played through on guitar.

Green River is, to me, one of the most flawlessly authored guitar charts ever. Not the most exciting (certainly fun though), but there wasn't a single gem that I didn't think fit perfectly with the part. This is true with the pack in general, but Green River stood out to me.

Heard it through the grapevine is one of the easier "jam"songs in the game, but it's still plenty of fun once you get into the crazy long final guitar solo. Longest in the game? I'm not sure.
Incognito  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the whole pack I only got access to 7 of the 12 songs (Run through the jungle, Proud Mary, Lookin' out my back door, I heard it through the grapvine, green river, fortunate son and down on the corner).

I'm not buying the whole pack, so hopefully the other singles go up soon, I need me some bad moon rising!
cnovs13  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not seeing any choices available for single songs. Just the pack. Any ideas y?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: urpersonaljesus
Sharkey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singles should be available soon, I'd imagine.

Definitely getting at least 3-4 of these, but will be tough to choose.
[16:03:54] <TriviaHero> Which perfume company make the fragrance Organza
[16:03:54] <TriviaHero> Hint: ********
[16:04:02] <witwix> whoever gets this
[16:04:03] <witwix> blows guys
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: GRYBSharkey
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

played the pack on drums. Very reminiscent of the Boston pack: Easy hihat beats with simple but numerous 16th note fills to create a laid back but fun drumming experience. Playing the whole pack back to back gets pretty monotonous on drums, and because of the similarities, there aren't any true standouts.

Heard it through the grapevine is really fun during the jam section but is so repetitive the rest of the time it sort of evens out. Somehow managed to not choke on my SR and FC'd the entire thing. lolwut? Nothing very hard, but 11 minutes of not choking and countless fills.
thenpaxtongoes  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just finished my sight reads of the whole pack on Xdrums. It does get kind of stale after a certain point. I got SRFCs on everything but Run Through The Jungle, Traveling Band, and Grapevine. I know Grapevine is an easy FC, but I wonder how long it will be until anyone hits the Traveling Band and Jungle end snare rolls. I can't hit the Jungle roll past 70%.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were rolls added to the end of Run Through the Jungle? I was listening to the song, and didn't hear anything crazy towards the end.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenpaxtongoes wrote:
Yeah I just finished my sight reads of the whole pack on Xdrums. It does get kind of stale after a certain point. I got SRFCs on everything but Run Through The Jungle, Traveling Band, and Grapevine. I know Grapevine is an easy FC, but I wonder how long it will be until anyone hits the Traveling Band and Jungle end snare rolls. I can't hit the Jungle roll past 70%.

I nearly got the traveling band roll on SR just by spamming. It's not fast, it's just the weird rhythm (or lack thereof). Run Through the Jungle is much harder.
espher  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With both Fortunate Son tracks near each other I kept flipping back and forth on the previews.

It really was a great, great cover.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
gwakamoley  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact: The Heard It Through The Grapevine solo is around 4 Minutes 52 seconds long.
thenpaxtongoes  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
thenpaxtongoes wrote:

I nearly got the traveling band roll on SR just by spamming. It's not fast, it's just the weird rhythm (or lack thereof). Run Through the Jungle is much harder.

Yeah I got it on 90%. But I haven't put much time into it. Traveling is definitely my favorite song out of the pack to play so I'll be going for an FC soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since no one else posted chart preview vids to this thread yet, I added links in the OP to full band sightreads I did last night with bisq, codyncs, and TarheelTeddy2011. They have local vocals so you can see the vocal charting along with the other 3 parts -- I always get irritated that the full band vids that people put up to give chart previews usually have remote vocals so you have to find a separate video to see the vocal charting (if you can find one).

(Don't worry that I'm going to start abusing my mod power to link to my own videos every week or anything -- this is the first time since the Who pack in summer 2008 that I've recorded full band SR vids, and it will probably continue to be a rare thing. I don't care enough about most DLC to put in the effort.)

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
NoahTheDuke  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, abuse away. I love seeing the vocal charts in full band.

Noah
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: NoahTheDuke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: