FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Headset vs. Mic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Headset vs. Mic Reply with quote

The other day I tried playing both GH and RB vocals with my Xbox 360 headset, and the results were less than stellar.

While I am crap at singing, passing Lump on hard should not be impossible for someone who isn't tone deaf. It felt like my headset could only pick up a few pitches, and refused to hit anything in between them... Am I just that bad, or would getting an actual Rb mic help?

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A RB mic is loads better than a headset. If i used my headset, I would have to have to mic right up to my mouth, and even then it lags a bit too.
Awesometrax  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The headset lags big time, which is why I instead try to awkwardly position the microphone between my legs and put my head way down if I decide to go voxtar. I do not recommend the headset whatsoever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesometrax wrote:
The headset lags big time, which is why I instead try to awkwardly position the microphone between my legs and put my head way down if I decide to go voxtar.

Get a microphone stand (a boom one, preferably). Seriously. You'll do yourself an injury if you carry on like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
TheyAreNext-Uw3  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The headset is absolutely useless for vocals. It lags horribly, even if you're using a wired headset & controller, half the time it won't pick up pitches properly, and it just sucks in general. It's also unusable in games with vocal harmonies.

Also, as far as voxtarring goes, putting the mic between your legs and bending over is about as effectiver as trying to give yourself a BJ. Unless you have a few less ribs, it's just not gonna work. You're just gonna do yourself a hurt. Even if you don't have/can't afford a mic stand, even taping the microphone to a pole or the side of a table is a good alternative.

Summarised:

Headsets for vox: $ inadvisable.

Mic stands: $ not very much

Putting your mic between your legs: Priceless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: