FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/29/10 DLC - Nickelback 6-pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PleadtheFifth  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
Nickelback simply took Creed's place after they fell apart. Difference is, Nickelback's actually a solid band that isn't led by a whiny !@#$, produce songs that aren't nearly as banal (most of the time,) and don't have a half-ass band that was thrown together without their lead singer that makes you wish they had him back so you don't have to listen to them without.

No, Nickelback hate is purely a trend. And unlike Creed, Nickelback can actually live through it. Nickelback fans may typically be ashamed to admit to being fans thanks to how hard everyone baselessly bashes on them, but they do at least exist.

I'll admit some people hate Nickelback simply because they hate them. If you do, I don't have a problem with that. I have bands I hate, too, but they aren't bandwagon-of-hate bands. I hate Jane's Addiction. I hate Smashing Pumpkins. And I fully expect people would (and will) criticize me for that. But for some reason a whole bunch of people jumped on the anti-Nickelback train and seem to think they have to get you to submit to their will.

I am not a Nickelback fan. But I refuse to hate them.

Okay, you can't judge Creed by just listening to their singles. Their album songs are heavier and deeper than the ones played on radio.

You can judge them, however, on what they say in interviews and stuff...which coincidentally is why I do not like Nickelback at all, that and I feel they have very little talent outside of their drummer.

Also, a few other things - People bash Ke$ha all the time, and The Black-Eyed-Peas actually used to be good, but they pretty much ruined that with their latest album.

Edit: Also for all you Nickelback haters, listen to their first album (Side of a Silver Bullet, I believe?) its waaaaay different and heavier than their latest stuff.

The tl;dr version: I used to like Nickelback, but do not anymore. I love Creed despite Scott Stap being a douche at times. And there is more to bands than just what you hear on the radio.

Location: a time dependent variable taken from the set {MIT, Detroit}

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
Nickelback's actually a solid band that isn't led by a whiny !@#$, produce songs that aren't nearly as banal

"Banality Concerto in D Major" - Nickelback

Azuarc wrote:
Nickelback fans may typically be ashamed to admit to being fans thanks to how hard everyone baselessly bashes on them, but they do at least exist.

It's true, you can often tell how talented a band is by how many people fervently deny ever enjoying their music out of sheer embarrassment.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApheXtal wrote:
It's true, you can often tell how talented a band is by how many people fervently deny ever enjoying their music out of sheer embarrassment.

Obviously, there isn't any way to prove that a band is talented. It's all up to personal opinion. The closest thing we can measure is success via album sales. Using that as a guide, we can conclude that Nickelback is a fairly successful band.

ON topic:

These tracks are rock and roll that skew towards the easier end of the spectrum. There's no hidden difficulty like in the Boston or Tom Petty Pack, nor are any of the tracks particularly epic like many of those in the Who and Queen packs.

Having said that, the tracks aren't silly and overly easy like Charlene or the Lady Gaga pack. While I enjoyed the pack, I could only recommend it if you're specifically a Nickelback fan, you'd like some easier rock songs and/or you have Rock Band parties. Great stuff for parties. I'm guessing at least one Nickelback song will be picked every time I have people over to play.
sora9090  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHO CARES WHO LIKES IT OR NOT !! I ONLY KNOW TWO SONGS IN THIS PACK AND THEY SOUND GREAT !! IF U WANT TO KEEP SAYING THEY ARENT GOOD OR SAYING THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING CEEP IT TO YOUR SELF !!! INSTEAD OF POSTING IT ! phew.
82erkle  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sora9090 wrote:
WHO CARES WHO LIKES IT OR NOT !! I ONLY KNOW TWO SONGS IN THIS PACK AND THEY SOUND GREAT !! IF U WANT TO KEEP SAYING THEY ARENT GOOD OR SAYING THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING CEEP IT TO YOUR SELF !!! INSTEAD OF POSTING IT ! phew.

whoa.

Burn It To The Ground's guitar solo is actually pretty damn difficult, Prong. I would say I wasn't expecting that insanely fast solo when I picked a Nickelback song >_>.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
GreenPanda12  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it me or is there some broken talkies in the last talkie phrase in 'This Afternoon' on vocals??

It won't let me FC it!!

Rock Band Geek!! Who isn't!?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: GreenPanda12 PSN Name: GreenPanda12
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenPanda12 wrote:
is it me or is there some broken talkies in the last talkie phrase in 'This Afternoon' on vocals??

It won't let me FC it!!

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31490

This appears to be a known issue, and from a skim of that thread, it's an Alive (Live)/Inside Out style phrase.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
GreenPanda12 wrote:

It won't let me FC it!!

This appears to be a known issue, and from a skim of that thread, it's an Alive (Live)/Inside Out style phrase.

actually, if you read through the thread, TimEbaysball FCed it.

he has a video up of it, if you want to see how he did it

it is very difficult from what i understand, but it is still possible, whereas, from what we know up to this point Alive (Live) and Inside Out are still impossible

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
inv4der wrote:
GreenPanda12 wrote:

It won't let me FC it!!

actually, if you read through the thread, TimEbaysball FCed it.

he has a video up of it, if you want to see how he did it

it is very difficult from what i understand, but it is still possible, whereas, from what we know up to this point Alive (Live) and Inside Out are still impossible

Thanks guys!! A re-try is at hand!!

EDIT: Tried and FAILED!! TWICE!! Did everything the video did and nothing!! Still got Okay!! GRR!!

Rock Band Geek!! Who isn't!?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: GreenPanda12 PSN Name: GreenPanda12
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenPanda12 wrote:
Tunnel of double exclaimation marks

There's a thread in the vocal TSG about this - why don't we take the discussion over there <_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: