FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/29/10 DLC - Nickelback 6-pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
augthebomb wrote:
Everyone just bashes Nickelback because it's a trend. You don't see them bashing Ke$ha, or the Black Eyed Peas, who are clearly less talented. At least Nickelback uses real instruments and doesn't auto-tune every note Chad sings.

On a side note, I would buy this if I had RB2 for Xbox

just to play devils advocate, just about everyone I know who bashes nickelback also bashes kesha and the black eyed peas.

What I meant was that Nickelback is the band known for being bashed even though that today's average pop star is less talented than them. That's not an opinion either (honestly, you're kidding yourself if you say that Ke$ha has more talent than Nickelback) The ( ) part wasn't directed at you, just in general to everyone
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
murdershot21  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate all those generic rock bands that sing about sex and having a good time.
But that doesn't mean I'm going to whine about them.
Now I'm going to have idiots in band quickplay insulting me because I don't have Nickelback. *sigh* Still waiting on my Dream Theater six-pack.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: murdershot21 PSN Name: N/A
82erkle  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vineboy wrote:
Even if I were not a Nickleback fan, stupid insults at Nickleback like the ones in this topic just make me want to leave Scorehero. But i guess there will always be people hating some kind of music. So i guess I'll just ignore the retards insulting Nickleback.

It's posts like this that make me want to leave scorehero. You come in here, saying that people are bashing Nickelback, but you'll ignore them because they're retards. We didn't really all have to know that. That is just a pointless +1 post stating your anger, but you'll ignore them. It contributes NOTHING to the discussion. But since you're so angry about these Nickelback bashers, I made this for you.

Sorry to come across as a total douche, but my God. This thread is just becoming a +1 thread of "I hate Nickelback" or "I'm gonna ignore the haters because I like them" This has NOTHING to do with Rock Band at all. Let's stay on topic here guys. Your public bashing of a band isn't going to make the DLC go away. If you're going to come in here saying that, at least give reason. I applaud Azuarc and Guitarmonade for having a mature discussion on the matter, other than everyone else tbh.

FretMachine-SH wrote:
Nickelback is an untalented, overrated piece of mainstream shit. I wouldn't buy this even if it was free DLC.

And that's why they're signed with a major record label, am I right?

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
TheRollingPowns  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion Nickelback sucks ass. I think it is relevant to the forum because since I think Nickelback sucks ass, I will not be buying this track pack. People who think Nickelback is talented are people who only listen to the radio. Haha is this mature enough for you?
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:
And that's why they're signed with a major record label, am I right?

Yeah, because everyone knows popularity equals skill.
-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laugh every single time someone says a popular band is untalented. I'm pretty sure it takes talent to even play as a group, in a proper rhythm. They may not be Dream Theater or Slough Feg, but they still have talent.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're untalented.
thenpaxtongoes  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lul when I turned RB on today and saw the Nickelback tracks I thought "I can't wait to see everyone on SH argue about Nickelback!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:
You come in here, saying that people are bashing Nickelback, but you'll ignore them because they're retards. We didn't really all have to know that. That is just a pointless +1 post stating your anger, but you'll ignore them. It contributes NOTHING to the discussion.

I kind of contradicted myself there haha. =p

Anyways, I'm sorry for pointlessly posting an off-topic post of my anger. It just really pisses me off when people insult one of my favorite bands. I can't control my anger well.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
Incognito  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRollingPowns wrote:
In my opinion Nickelback sucks ass. I think it is relevant to the forum because since I think Nickelback sucks ass, I will not be buying this track pack. People who think Nickelback is talented are people who only listen to the radio. Haha is this mature enough for you?

Your opinion on Nickleback is not relevent to the thread at all. This thread is supposed to be about the discusion of the Nickleback DLC, not why you do/don't like the band.

i.e

- How the charts are, cool crowd sing alongs, are there BRE's and do they cover cool wankery etc...

Personally I don't care for Nickleback as well, but I have friends and family members who do. I came in here to see if anyone had discussed the quality of the DLC to see if the guitar charts are fun enough to justify paying for the track knowing I wont play it a lot.

So far, no one has actually discussed what the thread is here for.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all Nickelback bashers, were any of you fans of Visions? Cause if you were, and you were protecting the song when RB2 came out via "Have an open mind to all kinds of music," may I present you with the Hypocrite of the Year Award.

BTW, I hate Nickelback. I most likely will not be picking these songs up. :P

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
peacelovetequila  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
To all Nickelback bashers, were any of you fans of Visions? Cause if you were, and you were protecting the song when RB2 came out via "Have an open mind to all kinds of music," may I present you with the Hypocrite of the Year Award.

I gladly accept this award, and place it alongside my shelved arrays of other awards that are testaments to my hypocrisy and doublespeak.

Also, I don't bash Nickelback because it's trending... I bash it because I don't like it. In any case, I do not find that the charts being good enough are sufficient to outweigh my musical opinions. I'm one of those people who play RB for musical synergy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started hating on Nickelback before it was cool :P. No, but in all seriousness, these songs will make great party songs. I'm not a fan of them, because they could have easily put better Canadian talent, but they also could have put worse Canadian "talent". So I guess my reaction to this is, meh.
Instruments: All of them on Expert
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to Guitarmonde, who I won't quote for the sake of brevity:

If you "hate" Nickelback for whatever reason, ok, fine. I just remember all the times people would tell me how awful Creed was, and then I would ask them why they don't like Creed. They would stammer as they tried to conjure up an excuse, and then finally spout out, "Because they're overplayed! Yeah, that's it! Overplayed!"

I kid you not. That's exactly how it went. Nobody would ever tell me how much they hated Scott Stapp. Nobody would tell me that they thought songs like Higher and With Arms Wide Open were insipid radio trash. It was plainly evident they hated for the sake of needing something to hate.

The trend has to have SOME foundation, though, so I don't doubt there are people who legitimately dislike Creed or, in this case, Nickelback. Personally, I don't have a problem with allegations of commercializing rock. Rock was commercialized long before they came along, and will continue until rock actually dies out. In fact, I would argue that when rock can no longer be commercialized is when there won't be any more rock music. So while, yes, Nickelback has a poppy overall feel in spite of rocking very hard in some songs, I don't have a problem with them selling all of their songs. I mean, nobody complained when Ten had six singles released out of eleven total songs and said Pearl Jam was commercializing grunge. (Oh wait, never mind. But nobody would say that NOW.)

As for Nickelback's themes, they tend to come in one of three trends:
1) The world should be a better place.
2) Here's how horrible the world is.
3) People really like sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
And combinations thereof. I don't know they conflict themselves in that regard necessarily. Even if they do, so what? Do you constantly feel the same way from day to day? I know I tend to go back and forth on a lot of stuff based on my mood, recent events, and a whole host of other variables. Even if they are inconsistent, I don't know you can go so far as to call them hypocrites. I don't mind inconsistency, but actual hypocrisy is certainly detestable.

BTW, I'm sorry if you didn't like my Alterbridge comment. I figured you (and everyone else) would realize that that was personal opinion. Either that, or I am indeed a big hypocrite. But I don't hold back one bit in saying that I absolutely abhor listening to Alterbridge -- and I really don't mind Creed at all. I don't care for the musical style of AB, and I absolutely loathe the singing. I feel like my ears will bleed when I listen to it, and I generally consider myself to be very open-minded. (I wouldn't be vigilantly defending Nickelback otherwise.) Yes, that's my opinion, and it stinks just as much as my butt does.

If your own true personal opinion is that Nickelback is horrible, then keep on preachin' it, but my personal experience is that I can justifiably stereotype most people who "hate" Nickelback as bandwagoneers. If you aren't one of them, and you know for a fact that you aren't, then my earlier message doesn't apply to you...just the ~95% of people who have negative things to say about Nickelback without backing them up.
6StringSnapper  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll state something about the DLC itself.....Figured You Out is really fun on drums

tooPrime  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirRobin1tothe3 wrote:
To everyone saying that Nickelback is the worst band ever, I present to you: The Shaggs.

The Shaggs are one of the best bands. I'm not even being ironic or sarcastic. They can't play for shit, but their one album is awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: