FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Green Day: Rock Band - Drum Paths (BtL Update)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish91 wrote:
Same thing for "She". There is an EXTREMELY tough disappearing overdrive activation for (I think) the second OD fill.

Hmm... so they're not impossible, just really really tough to execute.

I'll put a note in the path, but the optimal scores will stay the same. Unless there's a glitch like the OD phrase in Iron Maiden (Live), I'll just have a note to warn people that it's difficult.

(4th riddle now available as of 8/19/09)
Feel free to PM me if you need any help!
knightmetallica3  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, im new to this GD:RB front end squeezing thing. I got it on RB2 but on Green Day I can't front end to save my life...those are front ends in your path right? If they are, am I supposed to activate early or late to get the front end in?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: knightrocker33
gladiators16  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knightmetallica3 wrote:
hey guys, im new to this GD:RB front end squeezing thing. I got it on RB2 but on Green Day I can't front end to save my life...those are front ends in your path right? If they are, am I supposed to activate early or late to get the front end in?
You can't squeeze on Green Day Rock Band, so you just have to use the numbers to get the optimal score.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but I was trying Homecoming and I use standard scrolling speed, is that early hit on the third activation possible? I hit it as early as I can without missing and the fill still doesn't appear early.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiators16 wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but I was trying Homecoming and I use standard scrolling speed, is that early hit on the third activation possible? I hit it as early as I can without missing and the fill still doesn't appear early.

Well, the fill appears 1.2 seconds after the last OD note, so technically only a 1 millisecond early hit is needed to get the job done. But I know you have a +60ms default audio calibration so you'll need to hit it that much earlier. It's a relatively difficult early hit with your settings, but it should still be possible.

Deathwish91  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the1and0nly1 wrote:
Deathwish91 wrote:
Same thing for "She". There is an EXTREMELY tough disappearing overdrive activation for (I think) the second OD fill.

I'll put a note in the path, but the optimal scores will stay the same. Unless there's a glitch like the OD phrase in Iron Maiden (Live), I'll just have a note to warn people that it's difficult.

Wait, they might be impossible 0_o? I assumed that I would get OD because it is part of your path. I never got the chained OD to clarify.

7:49 sokushi: the Guitarist is a chick
7:49 LEEMcBAM: I like chicks 8)
7:49 IAmTehWalrus: how do you know?
7:49 sokushi: she keeps missing
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathwish91 wrote:
the1and0nly1 wrote:
Deathwish91 wrote:

Wait, they might be impossible 0_o? I assumed that I would get OD because it is part of your path. I never got the chained OD to clarify.

Well, I still don't know how the game engine treats some of these phrases. Just like with certain other songs, some phrases are just really difficult to get if they follow immediately after a fill. I don't know for sure if they're possible to get or not. I imagine it to be something like a broken talkie for vocals... some of them can be done, just in some weird way.

WhySoSeriousBras  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: What are hose " OB / OG / OY?? " LOL Reply with quote

Hey guys,I'm new at Score Hero and I was just wondering what are those OG , OY , OB things? I mean,WHAT THEY MEAN?

LOL I play on PS3 and i got a few 1st places and so I looked for optimal OD(lol,that one I know) paths,but I just flew up with this "codes"

Can someone tell me what they are? And whats up wiht that number before them?

Will be very gratefull
JosJuice  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number indicates how many drum fills you need to skip before you activate. For example, 0 means that you should activate on the next drum fill, and 2 means that you should skip two fills and activate on the third. The letters indicate which notes you should include in a front-end squeeze (if you don't know about it, it's when you hit notes "under" the drum fill by playing them immediately after the green activation note).
R = Red
Y = Yellow
B = Blue
G = Green
O = Orange (bass pedal)
There are also some other letters that might be in drum paths (I think I saw (L) in this topic). I'm not really sure about those...
View user's profile Send private message PSN Name: JosJuice Wii Friend Code: 5959909536341960
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosJuice wrote:
There are also some other letters that might be in drum paths (I think I saw (L) in this topic). I'm not really sure about those...

I added a "key" to the OP to explain a little bit about what those additional letters refer to.

the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the Lobotomy has been updated.

Original Path: 0/OG, 0/OG, 0/OG, 0/OYG (leftover OD)
New Path: 0/OG, 1/OG, 0/OYG (leftover OD)

The new path is very counterintuitive which is probably why I didn't bother trying it in the first place. It gives 400 more points than the previous path posted.

Trying to get that last phrase will result in a loss of at least 600 points, so it will always be leftover.

BowlZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-1-0 got me 400 under 1st on BtL. (GD engine) unless the squeezes in rb2 get more points AI is the better path

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
the1and0nly1  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
0-1-0 got me 400 under 1st on BtL. (GD engine) unless the squeezes in rb2 get more points AI is the better path

Hmm... well, 0-1-0 is definitely the better path but I think I messed up my math for the total score for the song.

0-0-0-0 should get you 132,675
0-1-0 should get you 133,075.

I'm still not sure how the 1st place score is 133,375 though. I can't find a better path than 0-1-0 for the life of me. Even 0-0-X-0 beats 0-0-0-0 by 75 points. But that's still 325 points behind 0-1-0.

gladiators16  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the1and0nly1 wrote:
BowlZ wrote:

Hmm... well, 0-1-0 is definitely the better path but I think I messed up my math for the total score for the song.

0-0-0-0 should get you 132,675
0-1-0 should get you 133,075.

I'm still not sure how the 1st place score is 133,375 though. I can't find a better path than 0-1-0 for the life of me. Even 0-0-X-0 beats 0-0-0-0 by 75 points. But that's still 325 points behind 0-1-0.
Maybe they squeezed extra notes in?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitchin a ride is another song where your path is worse on the GD engine. 0-0-0-1 is 100 better on that engine by 100.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: