FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Should Keyboard be required for a FBFC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soccer1296SH  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Should Keyboard be required for a FBFC? Reply with quote

As RB3 revealed, keyboard can be played with a guitar controller, and vice versa. Now as my previous topic mentioned about FBFC's, I believe that in order for the "new" FBFC to occur, I believe that the keys should be in pro mode. I say this b/c since its a new instrument, the keyboard track should only be played with the keyboard, and the only way to insure this is by playing in pro mode. Its like having the drum part FC'ed by somebody with a guitar controller. It just doesn't make sense.

Anyone else agree or disagree?

Accomplishment Thread here!
My Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
My Guitar Hero Accomplishment Thread
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Soccer1296 Wii Friend Code: 441025580100
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the keyboard, I don't see why you would play it in any mode BUT Pro mode.
SPinD0cter  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
For the keyboard, I don't see why you would play it in any mode BUT Pro mode.

Lack of an actual keyboard.

OT: I don't think it should. But to me, it wouldn't feel the same playing keys on a guitar. But there's another topic around here where someone states that a FBFC is a FBFC regardless of difficulty. Now you can say they have to be on Pro for a PROFBFC.
Guitar Hero 80's FC's [18/30]
Guitar Hero 3 FC's [46/70]
Guitar Hero 5 FC's [73/85]
Guitar Hero Metallica FC's [28/49]
Guitar Hero Smash Hits FC's [33/48]
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Should Keyboard be required for a FBFC? Reply with quote

soccer1296SH wrote:
Its like having the drum part FC'ed by somebody with a guitar controller. It just doesn't make sense.

Well, where something is possible in the engine, it should logically be allowed to be used. The Drumtar idea isn't allowed by the engine, while Keytar is, so that example is hardly applicable. In any case, Keytar should be allowed simply because the game allows it to be done. It's like how double bass is now legal, since the kits allow it now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An FBFC (at least on scoerhero) is assumed to be all players on expert. Not pro. So if everyone was on pro, then it would be a pro fbfc, not a fbfc. Sort of like an easy FBFC, except on pro. :/

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Should Keyboard be required for a FBFC? Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
soccer1296SH wrote:
Its like having the drum part FC'ed by somebody with a guitar controller. It just doesn't make sense.

Well, where something is possible in the engine, it should logically be allowed to be used. The Drumtar idea isn't allowed by the engine, while Keytar is, so that example is hardly applicable. In any case, Keytar should be allowed simply because the game allows it to be done. It's like how double bass is now legal, since the kits allow it now.
Yeah, I compare it to using a dualshock for a guitar part. I'd still count it either way, and I don't think kb should have to be on pro. (But I havent played so Im just going based on what I've heard about gameplay)
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well scores for pro mode will be very different so there will probably be separate tracking anyway. A FBFC will not be the same as a Pro FBFC. mixing and matching probably wont be tracked as there are far too many combinations now.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewinnerisgeeg wrote:
An FBFC (at least on scoerhero) is assumed to be all players on expert. Not pro. So if everyone was on pro, then it would be a pro fbfc, not a fbfc. Sort of like an easy FBFC, except on pro. :/
I agree, why would you have to be on pro-keys to get a legit FBFC? It would just be a PRO-FBFC, not a regular FBFC...But, you can include regular keys and it would still be a FBFC, but they don't have to be pro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the Pro-Drums in a regular band then?

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mastacraker
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastacraker wrote:
That's a PRO-FBFC then

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Mastacraker wrote:
That's a PRO-FBFC then

Pro Drums in a regular band would be just that (Pro-Drums+Standard Everything Else)

a Pro FBFC would require ALL members to be playing Pro Instruments
(due to lack of a Pro Vocals mode, i assume most would consider XVox+Pro Everything Else to be a Pro FBFC,
either that, or you have to hire the actual singer of the band for that particular song to play with you)

a standard FBFC would require all members to be playing standard instruments (on expert)

and for anything inbetween:

vipergtsr7588 wrote:
Well scores for pro mode will be very different so there will probably be separate tracking anyway. A FBFC will not be the same as a Pro FBFC. mixing and matching probably wont be tracked as there are far too many combinations now.

they most likely won't be tracked

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider Harmonies and Solo vocals as being a different way you can use the band. And there's a lot of score difference between them and activation options. So de definetly need to be seperated. As done by The Beatles and Green Day

Standard band
Vocals Solo
Regular Guitar/bass/keyboard
Regular Drums

Junior-Pro Excisting out of 1 Pro Instrument
Vocals/Harmonies
Pro Guitar/bass/keyboard
Regular/Pro Drums

Semi-Pro Excisting out of 2 Pro instruments
Vocals/Harmonies
Pro/Regular Guiatar/bass/Keyboard
Pro Guitar/bass/Keyboard
Pro/Regular Drums

Full-pro
Vocals/Harmonies
Pro instrumenst only

BIG-BAND
At home with all the Instruments on PRo-Mode and Harmonies
I think this is a nice way to mix it

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mastacraker
JFLexxL2  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only if its prokeys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why give these FBFCs dumb, pointless names and just say for example, FBFC w/ Pro-Keys? Then when there's a FBFC that everyone is on a Pro difficulty and expert, it's a PRO-FBFC?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: