FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 - RB2 On-Disc Expert Bass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThadJarvisSH  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I did alot better than I thought I would for this week. Now for the playoffs to start.

My Youtube Channel
My Twitch Channel
2010 and 2012 Scorehero NCAA March Madness Bracket Champion
S11 RB2 Expert Bass Runner-Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Thad Jarvis64
Adventurejimbob  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be very interesting to find out how the playoffs will work especially for this league. In active participants, I'm 17th (I know, terrible). I know that championships are traditionally done with either 8 or 16 in each bracket. It can't be 8 here, so unless you guys decide to go with a non-traditional championship, it would be top 16. If someone is without a video camera, I could sneak my way in!

Not as if I'd stand a chance against anyone else in this league anyway... but w/e.
smileymaster  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adventurejimbob wrote:
It's going to be very interesting to find out how the playoffs will work especially for this league. In active participants, I'm 17th (I know, terrible). I know that championships are traditionally done with either 8 or 16 in each bracket. It can't be 8 here, so unless you guys decide to go with a non-traditional championship, it would be top 16. If someone is without a video camera, I could sneak my way in!

Not as if I'd stand a chance against anyone else in this league anyway... but w/e.

I think it's actually the normal for the leagues to use a non-traditional system, unless it's different for Season 11.(which is not unlikely)

League FAQ Thread wrote:
the playoff size will typically be one of the following: 6 (3bracket rounds), 12 (4 bracket rounds), 24 (5 bracket rounds), or even numbers very close to that (10 and 14 occasionally pop up, and 16 or 20 ar not out of question)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that bites. You would think I would be intelligent enough to actually read the League FAQ to find the answer to my question. Not only that, but I don't like the answer either. I guess I'll just have to find more time next time (if there even is a next time, considering how many drop-outs there were).
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, top 12 out of the week 4 submitters will be in the playoffs and down to 18th of you week 4 people will be alts.
For those of you that are alts make sure that you play the song as well, you never know if someone in the top 12 forgets/doesn't bother.

Playoffs will start on thursday and you'll have 3 days to get a score on the song.

For those of you in the playoffs, good luck, for those of you that are out, thank you for participating, especially you guys who submitted scores all four weeks, it's really appreciated and I hope you all had fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, so that means I'm an alternate? Nice. Glad I was at least able to get something for entering every score every week in two leagues. Hopefully I'll be able to pull out a decent run on whatever the playoff song is.

BTW, 500th post!
smileymaster  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one in the playoffs. Looking forward to getting beat up and eliminated in round 1. There's still a chance though, and that's all I could have hoped for. Good luck to all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to sound like a noob but I'm kind of confused about the playoff placement I was 11th for week 4 but my overall placement was 13th but I think i'm in because the two people ahead of me in the overall standings didn't submit for week 4.... Not that it matters since I'll get outsquezzed in the first round.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aj7x63 wrote:
I don't mean to sound like a noob but I'm kind of confused about the playoff placement I was 11th for week 4 but my overall placement was 13th but I think i'm in because the two people ahead of me in the overall standings didn't submit for week 4.... Not that it matters since I'll get outsquezzed in the first round.

You're the 11th-ranked person who submitted in week 4, so you are in the playoffs.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
meister  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I miss most about the old leagues before scorehero.com/leagues was the playoff brackets in the OP, hopefully I can be a commissioner next season and I'll take the time to make those. Maybe I'll make one for this once I find out the pairings and if kubuh would put it in the OP

Also, I hope the 2nd round of playoffs isn't from sunday until wednesday, I only get pretty much one day a week to play (saturday)

Edit: I don't remember, maybe in the leagues section it shows a playoff bracket, but I still miss the scores all being in the OP and the league threads having lots of discussion, like 30 pages by the end of the league sometimes. That's the good thing about having the scores in the forum, I can stull go check my 6th season and how I won't the AA1 league, now there isn't any way to see the scores from the 10th season or even this season before the last week, all you can see is the ranks people got each week

Good luck to whoever I'm against, you're facing the guy that should be the 2nd seed if I had remembered to submit my 3rd week scores lol.

I expect to get killed easily when it comes to songs I can't FC since I'm only kind of good at squeezing

I was bored so I made a huge post >_> I don't have time to play much since I'm hardly ever home, live an hour from work so I usually stay at a friends place monday through friday without my RB instruments

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People in playoffs:

1. superspaz117
2. Iggy-Sparks
3. chachi111
4. meister
5. Cubsrule21aza
6. ThadJarvisSH
7. Kawigi
8. soulsurvivor3310
9. Roenja89
10. smileymaster
11. aj7x63
12. Brumm009

Alts:

1. LiberatorXIII
2. Viper93
3. chessjerk
4. BlueTornado
5. Adventurejimbob
6. almostsix

If any of you were confused

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww. I forgot to turn in my league scores this week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dpritch XVI PSN Name: dpritchXVI Wii Friend Code: 050183496083
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know I was in alts... It looks like I'm in the playoffs after all .

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
meister  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why people that quit even join the leagues, after they almost didn't come back because of people quitting. Leagues are for fun and getting better, so just because they don't have a chance to win it is stupid they quit. And at their skill level (most of the quitters), they shouldn't have expected to be close to winning since hardly any of the leagues are spit up into divisions anymore

Like me, my goal was top 3, I know I won't win since I suck at hard songs but I have hardly played for ayear so this is a way to get back into playing and I saw I'm still good at squeezing lol.

I'm saying I got my top 3 during the season goal, even though I'm 4th, just because its only from that week I forgot to submit

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
ThadJarvisSH  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Reputation for the first week of the playoffs.

My Youtube Channel
My Twitch Channel
2010 and 2012 Scorehero NCAA March Madness Bracket Champion
S11 RB2 Expert Bass Runner-Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Thad Jarvis64
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: