FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S11 - RB2 On-Disc Expert Drums
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vineboy  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked for almost 2 hours on Pinball Wizard and every time i tried to squeeze that "OD glitch" it would disappear, so i never got optimal.

Well good luck to Warlord, hope he wins.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
hotpocket423  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats yelsraek. yea it did suck not having time to play it really, though i didnt play many of the songs more than 2 times in the regular season. its just im familiar with the hard stuf like panic attack. i havent played pinball wizard in over a year easily. but im still gonna continue to play like im in the league. not saying like i feel cheated in any way shape or form. yelsraek deserves the win, its just that i wanna keep playing and compete with myself yet others at the same time. basically doing a rivalry with everyone thats left to make playing more interesting.

once again congrats man, good luck for the rest of the way.

also if any of this sounds rude, im sorry, its not intended to. its hard to read emotion through text only but seriously congrats!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vineboy wrote:

..Bastard. =L
I forgot to say, but good game to ODSTKahuna. I really was not expecting to beat him, and I only squeezed the 200 points by getting into the feel of the song and hitting bass pedal with green when I activated overdrive...
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vineboy wrote:
I worked for almost 2 hours on Pinball Wizard and every time i tried to squeeze that "OD glitch" it would disappear, so i never got optimal.

Well, thanks for the support, I guess . I just hope I can get the hang of the song that gets picked for the finals (might I make it through). I called CoB for this round, and I'm pretty sure the song I have in mind has been picked for the final round
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
yelsraek  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotpocket423 wrote:
congrats yelsraek. yea it did suck not having time to play it really, though i didnt play many of the songs more than 2 times in the regular season. its just im familiar with the hard stuf like panic attack. i havent played pinball wizard in over a year easily. but im still gonna continue to play like im in the league. not saying like i feel cheated in any way shape or form. yelsraek deserves the win, its just that i wanna keep playing and compete with myself yet others at the same time. basically doing a rivalry with everyone thats left to make playing more interesting.

once again congrats man, good luck for the rest of the way.

also if any of this sounds rude, im sorry, its not intended to. its hard to read emotion through text only but seriously congrats!!!

I read you loud and clear, it's all good, and thanks! Let us know how you do with CoB!
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will let you know that I have in mind 2 different songs for finals. They are completely different type songs, and there is different reasoning behind both. It's a shame I can't like poll the people left or anything, but I may have to talk to some third party people to find which is the better selection =).

I know there is 1 obvious choice, and then my original choice is far less obvious. Should be a good rest of the playoffs either way.

I think CoB is a great semifinal song, its a very good mix of squeezing ability, technical ability, and basically tests every type of drumming except pure speed (which is for the best based on the nature of the competition).

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
niq24601  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
I will let you know that I have in mind 2 different songs for finals. They are completely different type songs, and there is different reasoning behind both. It's a shame I can't like poll the people left or anything, but I may have to talk to some third party people to find which is the better selection =).

Well I hope after all this teasing we learn the road(s) not taken too .

I have my hunches as well, curious to see what happens.

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Vineboy  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it'll be TAR.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
googleimage  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck yelsraek!

2nd straight constant-bass-with-pads-all-over-the-place song. I'm really gonna need to earn this one.
Thebeast1440  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is now irrelevant

Last edited by Thebeast1440 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
yelsraek  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vineboy wrote:
I bet it'll be TAR.

My bet would be that or SttP.

Ugh, I can't seem to keep my foot tapping at the same speed while accelerating my hands... I love this song, but it is DAMN hard for me to play!
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colony Of Birchmen is making me nervous. Those sextuplets atop the steady bass are driving me up the freakin' wall. This one's been a real grind so far.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is going to be very unorthodox, and I don't know how it will be received, but I feel obligated to attempt this.

I apologize for this, but clearly the community is getting so amazing at drums that leagues are becoming almost outdated for on disc leagues. I have already stated why I refuse to use Visions to end a league like this, and stand by that. That being said I am running out of songs to pick that not everyone can optimal.

I thought that this round would be different, but clearly I am wrong. I will not go into details right now, but we are looking at losing by seeds again this round. I want to take a private vote.

If each of you can PM me, and I get 4 yes's I am happy to redo this round with a song that is extremely hard to optimal.

Now, if I recieve a single no, I will continue with this round. Also I need to make sure JCirri accepts it. This allows all 4 people to vote fairly, knowing that if I do get a no, then there is no way for anyone to know the reason it didn't go through. It could be any of the 4 players (esp since neither one of the lower seeds knows if I am referring to their score or not and may be winning right now), or it could simply be JCirri.

You need no reasons for your vote, simply a yes or a no.

Although its a harsh rule, I do agree that seeding advances in a tie is the fairest way, since the people earned their seeds.

I once again am sorry, I had no idea the skill level was simply this insane.

Please keep EVERYTHING about this post to PM, even if you are not involved. I will delete posts about this in the forum. Thank you.

This is my attempt to fix a mistake, to at least show I do care and I am not trying to be mean. We have just reached an insane skill level here on SH, and these leagues aren't really worth it unless DLC is included IMO anymore.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
redskinsrock2689  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
Now, if I recieve a single no, I will continue with this round. Also I need to make sure JCirri accepts it. This allows all 4 people to vote fairly, knowing that if I do get a no, then there is no way for anyone to know the reason it didn't go through. It could be any of the 4 players (esp since neither one of the lower seeds knows if I am referring to their score or not and may be winning right now), or it could simply be JCirri.

I really think it is unfair to be knocked out with an optimal score, that is all. Also I'm thinking at least one of the top seeds will probably say no, lol.
Feel free to delete this post if this counts as a violation of some sort, I wasn't sure.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Redskinsroc2689 PSN Name: Redskinsrock2689
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskinsrock2689 wrote:
internetguy87 wrote:

I really think it is unfair to be knocked out with an optimal score, that is all. Also I'm thinking at least one of the top seeds will probably say no, lol.
Feel free to delete this post if this counts as a violation of some sort, I wasn't sure.

The only thing I need to follow up with is, what do you suggest? CoB is easily one of the toughest top 5-6 songs in RB2, or at least very close. Should it be automatic that Panic Attack or Visions is saved for the end to avoid this?

It's obviously easy to say the system doesn't work, but you need to suggest a fix to make the point worthwhile.

I play my game online
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: